Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valid Pages dropping like crazy!

Options
  • 10-03-2021 10:36am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

According to Google the number of Valid pages on my website is dropping like a stone.
    I'm not aware of any changes that I may have made so any idea why this is happening?
    Here's the screenshots from my Webmaster tools report for both Mobile and Desktop versions.

Desktop-Valid.png
    Desktop

Mobile-Vavid.png
    Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

According to Google the number of Valid pages on my website is dropping like a stone.
    I'm not aware of any changes that I may have made so any idea why this is happening?
    Here's the screenshots from my Webmaster tools report for both Mobile and Desktop versions.

Desktop-Valid.png
    Desktop

Mobile-Vavid.png
    Mobile

Have you checked your sitemap?

Eg. Mysite.com/sitemap.xml

Wordpress has native support for site maps these days but the yoast plugin handles it better.

1. Install yoast free
    2. Manually check your site map
    3. Submit sitemap to google for indexing via search console.
    4. Run a search command operator in Google like so "site:mysite.com" no quotes. That'll tell you which of your pages are indexed.
    5. Also check robots.txt, htaccess and see if your pages have a no index meta tag for some reason.

Advertisement