Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oaklee housing

Options
  • 10-03-2021 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received an email from this company about being nominated for a property. Tried calling them but can't get through.
    Never heard of them before. There website states they are a housing association. Would this mean the property I'm nominated for is for council housing? Anyone any dealings with them before? First time ever hearing from any housing association.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dangee4050

honda boi wrote: »
    Hi,

I received an email from this company about being nominated for a property. Tried calling them but can't get through.
    Never heard of them before. There website states they are a housing association. Would this mean the property I'm nominated for is for council housing? Anyone any dealings with them before? First time ever hearing from any housing association.
    Thanks

Yes it’s like council housing .You’ll get a call to come view and sign for the property in due course.
    Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Dangee4050 wrote: »
    Yes it’s like council housing .You’ll get a call to come view and sign for the property in due course.
    Congrats

Thanks dangee.
    Was told I can view the house next week and decide if I want it. If I do I'm giving the keys asap.
    Do you know how oaklee operate? Like how is the rent calculated. She mentioned that it depends on your income. Does that mean if the household income increases too much we can be asked to leave?
    Also the tenancy? Is it a secure tenancy?
    I'm currently renting with hap and been in the same property for near 8 years now.
    Going to ask them myself next week but would like to hear people's opinions on them.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jack133

Hi just wondering how you found them in the end? Did you go with it? Any info appreciated thanks

Jack133 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering how you found them in the end? Did you go with it? Any info appreciated thanks

Hi jack , sorry only seen this now.

I moved into this property about 3-4 weeks ago.
    I've ran into a few issues with the house(more because it was left for at least 5 years with no one living in it).
    They sorted the issues pretty quick.
    I find them quite good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bit88

can i ask if the house had floors in it? and how long from getting letter did it all take

• Advertisement

bit88 wrote: »
    can i ask if the house had floors in it? and how long from getting letter did it all take

There was no floors, countertops or appliances.
    Nothing.
    I was told we could get a grant from the welfare officer but my partner works more then 30 hours so we couldn't get anything from her.

I think they emailed me February/march about the house.
    We viewed, and accepted a week later.
    Tho we didn't get keys till end of April as work needed to be done on the house as it was left dormant for a good few years before we arrived.

Advertisement