Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Everard Murder - Serving Met Officer Arrested *Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Absolute morons, even worse is most of them were the exact types screaming their heads off about the anti lockdown protests being a risk.

All protests should be banned and condemned during lockdown

Like whats it going to achieve in this country beyond helping to spread the virus. It just takes one person to have it to infect many. This protest is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

celt262 wrote: »
    That would not end well.

Why?

A woman died when she was attacked in the IFSC by a little scrote at knifepoint.

No protests, no big publicized vigils.... nothing.

But when a women is murdered in England the woke genration in this country think its the time to protest? What will this achieve?

And its a horrible incident, no doubt, but these protesters/vigil attendees are bonkers and by the looks of things men haters. Signs such as "Educate your sons" and "Boys will be boys?" .... like seriously? No one condemns this mans vile actions, but lets slate all men yeah?

When a woman commits a crime, should we all blame every woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

beakerjoe wrote: »
    A woman died when she was attacked in the IFSC by a little scrote at knifepoint.

But when a women is murdered in England the woke genration in this country think its the time to protest? What will this achieve?

And its a horrible incident, no doubt, but these protesters/vigil attendees are bonkers and by the looks of things men haters. Signs such as "Educate your sons" and "Boys will be boys?" .... like seriously? No one condemns this mans vile actions, but lets slate all men yeah?

When a woman commits a crime, should we all blame every woman?

the mental gymnastics of the people who are wary of all men because a tiny percentage of them are attackers who also decry opposition to non EU migration where a lot larger percentage are criminals is hilarious.

the mental gymnastics of the people who are wary of all men because a tiny percentage of them are attackers who also decry opposition to non EU migration where a lot larger percentage are criminals is hilarious.

If people have homicidal tendencies, whether male or female (like the accused here), no amount of "educate males" is going to change that. Im sure the majority of his classmates where educated the same but didnt turn out to be murders.

Some of these protesters just simply hate men. Im all for equality, but hating all men is just discriminatory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TanookiMario

To be fair to the protestors that lady was from Mongolia working as a cleaner in Dublin and raising a family.

Not exactly the target demographic that you'd see at these protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I think the 'difference' is that the knifepoint murder was almost blatant and aggravated. "We" almost accept a blatant murder/death as part of daily life i.e. robbery gone wrong "**** happens" but this was a 'silent' murder. It is more threatening.

The lady in England (while we do not have the full details) seems to have been walking home, was kidnapped, taken away and murdered. There appears to have been a pre meditated plan here- it was not a spur of the moment event.

Would there have been the same rancour if it were not for the fact she was a nice pretty white respectable middle class university educated lady?

Sadly, probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TanookiMario

I think the 'difference' is that the knifepoint murder was almost blatant and aggravated. "We" almost accept a blatant murder/death as part of daily life i.e. robbery gone wrong "**** happens" but this was a 'silent' murder. It is more threatening.

The lady in England (while we do not have the full details) seems to have been walking home, was kidnapped, taken away and murdered. There appears to have been a pre meditated plan here- it was not a spur of the moment event.

Would there have been the same rancour if it were not for the fact she was a nice pretty white respectable middle class university educated lady?

Sadly, probably not.

Why are people protesting etc not properly called out on this though?
    They are essentially appropriating a woman's death to get social kudos for themselves and to push their own prejudices etc.

What happened to the lady at IFSC was disgraceful and feels like something that had been building up to given the ongoing situation in that area of the city. Someone was eventually going to be victimized down there.

Yet we all just say "oh that's sad and get on with our lives".

Maybe because there's no political incentive to really target certain areas and get them sorted out?

Then this comes along and it's like the people of Ireland/Dublin are far more passionate about an incident that occurred in a completely different country.

At least the anti-lockdown crowd are protesting an actual issue that is right here and right now.

This is all just so self-serving and fake.

At least it's a nice day for it. The pics will look good on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Wonder if the murderer was not a policeman would this big protest be taking place or would there have been any protest?

Why are people protesting etc not properly called out on this though?

I am not sure how you can do that TBH or what would be the point- the immediate retort is "Well we have had enough etc etc".

If someone for whatever reason is intent on going out and killing someone there is not a whole lot anyone can do to stop it.

I think another important factor is the accused- a white police officer. It was not some drug fuelled scumbag waving a knife around-that would almost be acceptable.

White male police officers are not supposed to go around kidnapping and murdering nice white ladies walking home. That is not the way it should be be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

I am not sure how you can do that TBH or what would be the point- the immediate retort is "Well we have had enough etc etc".

If someone for whatever reason is intent on going out and killing someone there is not a whole lot anyone can do to stop it.

I think another important factor is the accused- a white police officer. It was not some drug fuelled scumbag waving a knife around-that would almost be acceptable.

White male police officers are not supposed to go around kidnapping and murdering nice white ladies walking home. That is not the way it should be be.

why are you trying to turn this into race issue ?

ffs there are more than enough of these faux race warriors on boards as it is.

It's absolutely disgusting.

A horrible incident is now been used to flame a race and gender war.

People just can't mourn the woman and condemn the bastard who killed her without trying to make it into a virtue competition.

Sick bastards

Who is trying to turn it into a race issue...oh sorry when I pointed out some facts...is that what you are alluding to..the facts?

You need to go away a have a lie down before you burst a blood vessel.

What in God's name are 'faux race warriors'..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's absolutely disgusting.

A horrible incident is now been used to flame a race and gender war.

People just can't mourn the woman and condemn the bastard who killed her without trying to make it into a virtue competition.

Sick bastards
    Condemn his wife who helped him too.

I'll edit to add "apparently".

Who is trying to turn it into a race issue...oh sorry when I pointed out some facts...is that what you are alluding to..the facts?

read your own post and don't be getting pantsy with me with your pretend outrage .

im sure there's a protest somewhere lacking numbers

read your own post and don't be getting pantsy with me with your pretend outrage .

im sure there's a protest somewhere lacking numbers

Yeah...you definitely need to take a break and lie down in a quiet room. Off with you..

Yeah...you definitely need to take a break and lie down in a quiet room. Off with you..

yes sir mr partyguinness . straight away sir , anything you say :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Rip to Sarah and god bless her family (not sure why I say that I don't believe in god )

Shame that no one in Ireland gave a ****e about Urabtsetseg Tserendorj the mother of two who was killed only a few weeks ago in Dublin
    I guess because she was Mongolian it wasn't woke enough for a protest or a # ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

Rip to Sarah and god bless her family (not sure why I say that I don't believe in god )

Shame that no one in Ireland gave a ****e about Urabtsetseg Tserendorj the mother of two who was killed only a few weeks ago in Dublin

They just copy what the brits do here.

What facts did you point out?

• Advertisement

I actually never heard of that.
    What a world

I actually never heard of that.
    What a world

She was the lady stabbed near the IFSC. Teen on a bike did it..... but sure walking home alone at night is low risk according to some.

Tell it to her family.

She was the lady stabbed near the IFSC. Teen on a bike did it..... but sure walking home alone at night is low risk according to some.

Tell it to her family.

Oh sorry. I did hear of it. Never knew her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Or the thousands of underage girls who feed full of drink and drugs and raped by muslim rape gangs across England . Not a peep out of the woke crowd either because the perpetrators were a minority . Now a white cop murders a woman and they're all out protesting ....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Oh sorry. I did hear of it. Never knew her name.

Course you didn't because she was neither a middle/upper class white lady nor a black women,

She didn't register high enough of the scale for the Woke warriors ,
    Poor women was basically forgot about by the nation because she was not a #
    I hope her children and husband are doing ok

Course you didn't because she was neither a middle/upper class white lady nor a black women,

I honestly do too. That poor woman.

I honestly do too. That poor woman.

Cant imagine they are, losing their Mam suddenly in horrific, needless circumstances. Same for the family of Ms Everard.

At least it appears Ms Everards alleged attacker will be served some justice. Sadly, as the IFSC attack took place in Ireland and was a teen, probably a very short sentence. Kid will probably be out by the time hes 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,431 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I see 2 threads on the IFSC incident in this forum, total 480 posts.
    Not sure how that qualifies as no-one in Ireland caring.

This particular thread wouldn't have got near a fraction of that if not for the unique factors around it.

I see 2 threads on the IFSC incident in this forum, total 480 posts.
    Not sure how that qualifies as no-one in Ireland caring.

This particular thread wouldn't have got near a fraction of that if not for the unique factors around it.

No one cares enough to hold a vigil though, yet some feel one is appropriate now for Ms Everard.

Obviously the vigil incident is driving the posting in this thread at this stage.

• Advertisement

No one cares enough to hold a vigil though, yet some feel one is appropriate now for Ms Everard.

Obviously the vigil incident is driving the posting in this thread at this stage.

Jesus, just thinking about that now. Must be a slap in the face for that family who are still feeling raw emotions.

Horrible really for that family.

Advertisement