Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Everard Murder - Serving Met Officer Arrested *Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭The_Dave

Personally, I like to deal in facts not assumptions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

IMO a woman giving a fake alibi to hide her husband abduction and murder of a young innocent woman is scum.

Values much?

Too many excuses being routinely trotted out for criminals. You may hate reading tabloids but Rapists, murderers, torturers and those who support them are also criminals. Do you think if she hadn’t lied for him that they might of found her alive? Or do you just shrug off the idea of her lying on a derilict golf course with her head smashed in for a week?

There should be no place in society for criminals or those who make excuses for and support them. Just like his scumbag lab assistant wife.

Absolutely not a case of shrugging off anything. Just stating without full info its not fair to label her.

Try living with an abusive partner or someone who is highly manipulating and then you might understand why someone might lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,266 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Disturbing photo of the murderer and his piece of human scum Lithuanian lab manager wife who gave him a fake alibi in this link

Ukrainian, and that's a bit harsh given you know nothing of the circumstances. Given he murdered one woman who knows how she was being treated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

IMO a woman giving a fake alibi to hide her husband abduction and murder of a young innocent woman is scum.

Values much?

Too many excuses being routinely trotted out for criminals. You may hate reading tabloids but Rapists, murderers, torturers and those who support them are also criminals. Do you think if she hadn’t lied for him that they might of found her alive? Or do you just shrug off the idea of her lying on a derilict golf course with her head smashed in for a week?

There should be no place in society for criminals or those who make excuses for and support them. Just like his scumbag lab assistant wife.

We do not know what she knew. She mightn’t of known a thing about it and she could of lied because in her head her husband, father of her children wouldn’t be capable of doing any harm. Maybe she did know what kind of man she married and in that case the name calling is warranted. The full facts may never come out or some of it could come out in the trial.

The family of the perpetrator often never see something like this coming and can be completely blindsided and their whole world is turned upside down through no fault of their own.

Personally I will reserve judgement for now as we don’t have all the facts.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/6686526/sarah-everard-wayne-couzens-warrant-card/amp/

Disturbing photo of the murderer and his piece of human scum Lithuanian lab manager wife who gave him a fake alibi in this link. As well as the infographic and timeline - really disturbing. The english cops were so on the ball to get the dashcam of him from a car passing is over 50km away.

How can one police force be so on the ball and proactive and one in a neighbouring island be so utterly impotent and incapable?

God help that poor girl and her family.

I see the indecent exposure was him some time after her murder - I hope they slice it off in prison for him & throw away the key.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to put down AGS, in your post about a murder in a different jurisdiction, but, FYI, the gardai have a very good record of solving murders. So just getting your anti garda rant in I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

There was also an ambulance at their house a couple of nights ago..he could have been cracking under the pressure.I hope for the poor kids,the wife simply lied about an alibi and wasnt too involved so they have some chance of a normal future.

I still think she didn't get into the car willingly,and the papers are now using the phrase "bundled her into the car".
    What's frightening is it might not be his first rodeo..her clothes were quite striking,maybe he thought she was a rough sleeper or vulnerable female and he would have a greater chance of getting away with it...still odd as people have said he was a police officer so would have known how meticulous a murder investigation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

There was also an ambulance at their house a couple of nights ago..he could have been cracking under the pressure.I hope for the poor kids,the wife simply lied about an alibi and wasnt too involved so they have some chance of a normal future.

I still think she didn't get into the car willingly,and the papers are now using the phrase "bundled her into the car".
    What's frightening is it might not be his first rodeo..her clothes were quite striking,maybe he thought she was a rough sleeper or vulnerable female and he would have a greater chance of getting away with it...still odd as people have said he was a police officer so would have known how meticulous a murder investigation is.

From what I read, his kids aren't really kids. Son lives in London, daughter in New York. You'd assume they're probably in their 20's atleast. Though that doesn't make it easier learning your father is a potential monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

From what I read, his kids aren't really kids. Son lives in London, daughter in New York. You'd assume they're probably in their 20's atleast. Though that doesn't make it easier learning your father is a potential monster.

I read the above as being the family of Sarah. Not of the man under arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Think the son in London and daughter in New York are the siblings of the victim.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JustAThought do not post in this thread again, you are clearly not engaging this topic in good faith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,737 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Very sad and disturbing case. Tragedy for that poor woman and her family. Heartbreaking.

1. There has not been this type crime recently
    2. A police officer...the very people charged with keeping us safe

Desperate to think that a life like this taken....

Life is so cruel....

And, no surprise that there is a partner/woman that is involved here.....seems arrested for covering/hindering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    Think the son in London and daughter in New York are the siblings of the victim.
    Pipmae wrote: »
    I read the above as being the family of Sarah. Not of the man under arrest.

Ahh apologies, I must have misread it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The UK tabloids - and, mind you, also the UK police - have gotten things badly wrong so often I would be careful about rushing to judgement in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The one in Enniskerry? The victim knew the killer in that case.

No she didn't.

Witcher wrote: »
    No she didn't.

Yes apologies - I was mixing up that case with another. I'll edit my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,737 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This weirdo who tried to abduct an elderly woman in Dublin sentenced to 6 years yesterday. Shes lucky to be alive.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40241504.html

Yep. And his likes will be back on the streets in 3-4 years..

Someone like this needs a a chaperone...

How could anyone trust or feel safe with the likes of this on the loose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Be right back

Tried to top himself I'd guess.

Sounds like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

The best way to prevent this kind of thing is to make martial arts compulsory in schools and give people the right to bear arms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The best way to prevent this kind of thing is to make martial arts compulsory in schools and give people the right to bear arms.

Yes this sort of thing never happens in America where everyone has bear arms.

b62e1bc332bbdca914edb958d9bf5528.jpg

Witcher wrote: »
    Yes this sort of thing never happens in America where everyone has bear arms.

b62e1bc332bbdca914edb958d9bf5528.jpg

Haha.

Seriously though women who carry firearms generally don't get abducted and murdered and predators who try to end up dead.

A woman who knows krav maga or judo or karate or some sort of martial art has a better chance than not knowing anything.
    Girls should be thought how to fight from as early an age as possible.

If women are scared of going out alone on dark nights they should arm themselves

I couldn't quote any thing but common sense would tell you if rapists and predators knew women were taking compulsory martial arts classes as part of their school circullum and if women were carrying pistols they would think twice about attacking and killing women.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In which case the perpetrators of these attacks would also be well-trained martial artists, and would be in an even better position to subdue their victims. Do try to think before making silly suggestions.

In which case the perpetrators of these attacks would also be well-trained martial artists, and would be in an even better position to subdue their victims. Do try to think before making silly suggestions.

Utter nonsense.

In the United States many women carry. There are small automatics with low recoil with high capacity double stack magazines they can easily wear under their clothing or carry in their purse or bag designed for women to use. It's a real equalizer.

Women in Israel serve in the IDF and learn the hand to hand krav maga combat system. The basics can be taught quickly to civilians from young children to grand parents.

If changed the perception among psychopaths and criminals that women and girls are not easy prey that would go a long way to reducing attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

<off topic>
    There's a certain irony in referring to scum whilst providing a link to the sun :rolleyes:

... and the wife is from Ukraine, not Lithuania, but either way she's a 'dirty foreigner' I guess! The Fvcking Sun indeed.

The wife's nationally is irrelevant, typical Scum paper stoking up fear and hate of foreigners, using a tragic and sad case to do so. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Be right back

Apparently the indecent exposure incident took place a few days before Sarah disappeared..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

The Police might be using different tactics when it comes to interogating their own.

I may have a suspicious mind but does anyone else think that the head injuries to the suspect may have been sustained from another cause other than suicide? I mean would he likely have been trying to kill himself by bashing his head on the floor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

Nomis21 wrote: »
    The Police might be using different tactics when it comes to interogating their own.

I may have a suspicious mind but does anyone else think that the head injuries to the suspect may have been sustained from another cause other than suicide? I mean would he likely have been trying to kill himself by bashing his head on the floor?

Everything will be done by the book at this point. Anyone who attacks him would face serious charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

BensMixed wrote: »
    Everything will be done by the book at this point. Anyone who attacks him would face serious charges.

And who would be bringing those charges for assaulting him?

Advertisement