Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Everard Murder - Serving Met Officer Arrested *Mod Note in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Nomis21 wrote: »
    The Police might be using different tactics when it comes to interogating their own.

I may have a suspicious mind but does anyone else think that the head injuries to the suspect may have been sustained from another cause other than suicide? I mean would he likely have been trying to kill himself by bashing his head on the floor?

Assuming shoelaces were taken away and the cells are free of ligature points, it may well have been the only method available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Leftists really despise the idea of self defence.

Learning self defence is a great idea, for anyone, male or female. Talk of arming people similar to the asylum that is America is retarded. They've some of the highest crime and murder rates in the world. Having guns widely available to citizens does not decrease violent crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

The diplomatic protection section are an elite squad of Police licenced to kill. Other members of this unit will not take kindly to them being tarnished by a rogue officer.

Utter nonsense

? You said everybody should do martial arts so he is right. The man abducting the woman would know martial arts , be stronger and also be armed.

And in this case she probably voluntarily got in the car.

Assuming shoelaces were taken away and the cells are free of ligature points, it may well have been the only method available.

Well if that was his method, it was a poor attempt considering how quickly he was discharged from hospital.

• Advertisement

His injuries are self inflicted. Not a hope in hell would the police put this high profile case in jeopardy. I’d say Cresilda Dick has a live feed set up and is watching the interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Pipmae

The Police might be using different tactics when it comes to interogating their own.

I may have a suspicious mind but does anyone else think that the head injuries to the suspect may have been sustained from another cause other than suicide? I mean would he likely have been trying to kill himself by bashing his head on the floor?

Yes I'd say he's that desperate. I say he ran at the wall or threw himself onto the floor to try and smash his head in.

There is now way there is another person involved. Given he's on the police payroll they'll make 1,000,000% sure they treat him by the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,663 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lundstram wrote: »
    Safe to say she met a terrible death if they're unable to identify her. Poor woman.

So many questions. Talk of the officer's partner being involved? Why is he still a police officer if facing charges for another offence? (just seen the post above)

The only way he’d have been able to identify himself formally would have been with his police ID card...

Why if he was being investigated was he left with his police ID, that surely needed to be taken from him... or maybe he just identified himself verbally...hmmm

His injuries are self inflicted. Not a hope in hell would the police put this high profile case in jeopardy. I’d say Cresilda Dick has a live feed set up and is watching the interviews.

When Harry Roberts killed a police constable he appeared on TV later with a bruised and battered face and it was obvious to everybody that he had been beaten up. Granted it was over 30 years ago, but they weren't worried about their case being jeopardised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

? You said everybody should do martial arts so he is right. The man abducting the woman would know martial arts , be stronger and also be armed.

And in this case she probably voluntarily got in the car.

A predator is not going to attack a skilled opponent who is also probably carrying.

There's a world of difference between a timid docile young woman who cowers when a punch is thrown and a confident trained woman who knows how to parry punches use fists elbows knees strikes holds and how to use a handgun on an attacker to defend herself.

• Advertisement

When Harry Roberts killed a police constable he appeared on TV later with a bruised and battered face and it was obvious to everybody that he had been beaten up. Granted it was over 30 years ago, but they weren't worried about their case being jeopardised.

I’d never heard that name so googled it. It happened in 1966 just one year after the death penalty had been abolished. Totally different era.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

A predator is not going to attack a skilled opponent who is also probably carrying.

There's a world of difference between timid docile young woman who cowers when a punch is thrown and a confident trained woman who knows how to parry punches use fists elbows knees strikes holds and how to use a handgun on an attacker to defend herself.

That's all well and good if an attacker comes straight at you but if he was using his status as a cop in order to gain her trust then she wouldn't have seen any attack coming.

BensMixed wrote: »
    That's all well and good if an attacker comes straight at you but if he was using his status as a cop in order to gain her trust then she wouldn't have seen any attack coming.

Once the mask came off - at the point he revealed he wasn't a cop anymore but a predator if the poor girl knew some hand to hand fighting techniques she might still be alive.

Anyway no amount of #notallmen is going to stop psychopathic killers. The only thing predators understand is force. They are going to go for easy targets. Women who train in self defense and carry weapons are less likely to be victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 seenn00J

Without wishing to be labelled some kind of tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy madman, there's something about this whole case that just doesn't sit right with me.
    A married man with 2 young children, good career, no prior history of anything like this (apart from the indecent exposure allegation from 4 days before..) but disregarding all that what's ringing alarm bells for me is the fact he worked protecting people with diplomatic immunity in the embassy, 3 miles from where Sarah was last seen. Apparently using ID related to this work to 'lure' her? What like? Is he being stitched up as a patsy to protect someone powerful? And now these supposedly 'self inflicted' injuries sustained while in custody make the case even stranger. Wouldn't he be smart enough to know about CCTV cameras catching him, working in the met and all?
    I dunno, maybe I'm going crazy being in lockdown so long.

Once the mask came off - at the point he revealed he wasn't a cop anymore but a predator if the poor girl knew some hand to hand fighting techniques she might still be alive.

This policeman is trained to tackle armed and dangerous people. You really think she stood a chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

It's highly probable that she would already be subdued at this point and in too much shock to have defended herself adequately. There was a case where a serial killer in america did something like this and a girl escaped. I can't recall the incident but I remember reading that he impersonated a cop and tried to put cuffs on her in the car but she somehow escaped and when she was found she had one of the cuffs on one wrist but she had managed to prevent him from getting the other one on.

There's a world of difference between a timid docile young woman who cowers when a punch is thrown and a confident trained woman who knows how to parry punches use fists elbows knees strikes holds and how to use a handgun on an attacker to defend herself.

And yet female gardai are assaulted all the time.
    How do you work that out?

This policeman is trained to tackle armed and dangerous people. You really think she stood a chance?

If she was trained in krav maga or some equivalent system she might have had a fighting chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,561 ✭✭✭✭walshb

seenn00J wrote: »
    Without wishing to be labelled some kind of tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy madman, there's something about this whole case that just doesn't sit right with me.
    A married man with 2 young children, good career, no prior history of anything like this (apart from the indecent exposure allegation from 4 days before..) but disregarding all that what's ringing alarm bells for me is the fact he worked protecting people with diplomatic immunity in the embassy, 3 miles from where Sarah was last seen. Apparently using ID related to this work to 'lure' her? What like? Is he being stitched up as a patsy to protect someone powerful? And now these supposedly 'self inflicted' injuries sustained while in custody make the case even stranger. Wouldn't he be smart enough to know about CCTV cameras catching him, working in the met and all?

Yes..it does seem very odd

But opportunistic crimes happen all the time, committed by people with no prior criminal convictions...or even behaviours

Humans are a strange species..

One example: that sexual attack completely out of the blue a few years ago on Griffith Avenue by the aircraft lease director. Married, successful, children. No priors..

Blamed it on medication he was taking..

seenn00J wrote: »

I have never been accused of being a conspiracy theorist, but I am of a similar way of thinking. The Met police have a history of stitching up their own. The Ali Dizaei case was not so long ago...

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    And yet female gardai are assaulted all the time.
    How do you work that out?

Female Gardaí are going to be assaulted and injured but only a fool would take on a female officer who has training in martial arts.

Female Garda despite their training often need the help male officers.

A civilian female untrained is an easier target.
    With some martial arts training women have a fighting chance.

given the fact that he was 48, and his only prior was only a few months ago it does seem that something changed mentally for the guy. Unusual.

Female Gardaí are going to be assaulted and injured but only a fool would take on a female officer who has training in martial arts.

Female Garda despite their training often need the help male officers.

A civilian female untrained is an easier target.
    With some martial arts training women have a fighting chance.

Make gardai also need the help of their male colleagues.

Gardai are trained in self defence, they also carry a big metal baton and pepper spray.
    How does anyone know, by looking, if a female is trained in martial arts?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Make gardai also need the help of their male colleagues.

Gardai are trained in self defence, they also carry a big metal baton and pepper spray.
    How does anyone know, by looking, if a female is trained in martial arts?

Who said someone would know by looking? What are you talking about?

If he was working in one of the embassies in or around Belgravia and had finished his shift for the night, the area where Sarah was abducted would have been his route home to Kent. Over Chelsea Bridge, onto the South Circular Rd and straight passed the pavement Sarah was walking on. Then continue driving the south circular until he turned off for either to A20/M20 that goes through Ashford or the A2/M2 that would take him home to Deal.

He saw an opportunity and took it. Whether he’s done this before, I don’t know. I hope not.

There’s no cover up gonna happen here. The police don’t want someone like this associated with them and as an organisation they won’t be getting their named tarred by covering up for someone else.

This is what you stated earlier.
    Now, how does the predator know that female is trained how to defend herself?

Also, female gardai are trained and carry weapons, they are still assaulted, so how do they get attacked, if a predator wouldn't attack a 'skilled opponent '

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

given the fact that he was 48, and his only prior was only a few months ago it does seem that something changed mentally for the guy. Unusual.

Brain tumour? Reminds me of the man who went on a shooting spree from the tower of an American university (Harvard? Not sure) in the fifties, and the autopsy revealed an undiagnosed brain tumour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Can we please get back on topic and stop the whataboutery about what a murder victim should or shouldn't have done. Please show them some respect at the very least.

And this is not a thread to soapbox about making martial arts training mandatory or about the right to bear arms. If you want to do that take it elsewhere as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Be right back

BensMixed wrote: »
    It's highly probable that she would already be subdued at this point and in too much shock to have defended herself adequately. There was a case where a serial killer in america did something like this and a girl escaped. I can't recall the incident but I remember reading that he impersonated a cop and tried to put cuffs on her in the car but she somehow escaped and when she was found she had one of the cuffs on one wrist but she had managed to prevent him from getting the other one on.

I think that was Ted Bundy.

• Advertisement

Considering everyone is supposed to be social distancing, why would she get in his car anyway? Police officers can still spread Covid...

Advertisement