Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Everard Murder - Serving Met Officer Arrested *Mod Note in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That stuff about abandoned buildings and tunnels is extremely ominous and sinister, given they have already identified the poor victim's remains.

Let’s just hope that this evil bastard pleads guilty so that Sarah’s loved ones don’t have to endure every horrible detail laid bare in a trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I have heard of similar instances in the past of so-called normal average people that turned to murder and did murder and when they were brain-scanned it was found that most of these murderers had tumors in the brain. When asked why they went from decent folk to a murderer the persons said that they just had an overwhelming feeling to kill. Now I'm not saying that this is the case with this guy here, but I would be curious as to see if he has an undiagnosed brain tumor. I've read about this stuff a lot in past decades of really good people turning to murder any person.

Just my 2 cents. Terrible tragedy and I can only imagine what her family are going through.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

Rip to the young woman.
    I have heard of similar instances in the past of so-called normal average people that turned to murder and did murder and when they were brain-scanned it was found that most of these murderers had tumors in the brain. When asked why they went from decent folk to a murderer the persons said that they just had an overwhelming feeling to kill. Now I'm not saying that this is the case with this guy here, but I would be curious as to see if he has an undiagnosed brain tumor. I've read about this stuff a lot in past decades of really good people turning to murder any person.

Just my 2 cents. Terrible tragedy and I can only imagine what her family are going through.

Far too early to speculate on that.

You are correct that there are a few cases where the perpetrator had a tumor, most infamously the Texas university sniper went to see someone before the attack regarding sudden violent urges and an autopsy revealed a tumour. There are also a few serial killers who experienced a single traumatic injury to the head especially in youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Aren't there 100s of UK police with convictions? These jobs always attract a certain type of person

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Aren't there 100s of UK police with convictions? These jobs always attract a certain type of person

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Be right back

He has been charged with her murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Is that him?

Yes that’s him in my opinion. Can of worms well and truly opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

Is that him?

Sorry my text disappeared from the post. I honestly don't know but it does look like him

Xander10 wrote: »
    omg...looks very a like

Thats what I thought too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Xander10

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Brain tumour maybe ?

I always find the idea terrifying that a brain tumour could completely change the person you are and make you do something completely against your character.

I'm pretty sure I read he has been on leave from work for most of the last two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Is it just me or did this kind of thing happen in the 80s like all the time compared to now?

I'm pretty sure I read he has been on leave from work for most of the last two years.

I read that too. No idea if it's true mind you

6-D7-D3928-1440-4-E5-E-B3-B1-D31189-AB0410.jpg

805-B088-F-AD71-424-B-AA81-74-BD7-EAF0-E5-C.jpg

6-D7-D3928-1440-4-E5-E-B3-B1-D31189-AB0410.jpg

805-B088-F-AD71-424-B-AA81-74-BD7-EAF0-E5-C.jpg

apparently, not the same. bloke getting on bus serving 12 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

It's also possible he's been up to all sorts and just never been caught ,

Remember the guys is a Policeman its a great cover story
    Any calls to the station of man doing something strange and his co-workers aren't going to think there looking for the work mate ,

and the current 'blame all men' line in the media is detracting from this, I'm sure if you looked back over his career or interviewed his old girlfriends you'd find some interesting aspects

• Advertisement

How do you know? The likeness is uncanny.

Pipmae wrote: »
    How do you know? The likeness is uncanny.

The over saturated photo of the guy on the bus could be any bald guy with a reddish beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

He has been charged with her murder.

Good, shame the bastard won't be hung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I can correct that for you.

He was not.

He had just returned from a shift in London when he was arrested.

He was also no ordinary cop.

He was part of a special elite armed force that protected the powerful and wealthy politicians etc or at events. 'Metropolitan Police's elite Diplomatic Protection Command'

It's also possible he's been up to all sorts and just never been caught ,

Remember the guys is a Policeman its a great cover story
    Any calls to the station of man doing something strange and his co-workers aren't going to think there looking for the work mate ,
    They are digging up the yard of the old garage he used to work at and his garden. So they think so too.

He was not.

He was part of a special elite armed force that protected the powerful and wealthy politicians etc or at events. 'Metropolitan Police's elite Diplomatic Protection Command'

I'm not sure what you think the difference is, to make him an elite cop. He was in a protection unit, plenty do it, plenty here do it also.

The fact that he was a policeman is terrible, particularly if he used it to lure Sarah in anyway. Hopefully this was the only time.

bubblypop wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you think the difference is, to make him an elite cop. He was in a protection unit, plenty do it, plenty here do it also.

The fact that he was a policeman is terrible, particularly if he used it to lure Sarah in anyway. Hopefully this was the only time.
    Its the name of the unit he was in.

That is what its called 'Metropolitan Police's elite Diplomatic Protection Command'.

MPEDP

Im not commenting on his abilities in a moral sense. But it seems he was well respected and thought of as calm and good at his job.

It's not him - here's the court case.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/bexley-and-bromley/news/violent-rapist-locked-up-for-life-239460/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Its the name of the unit he was in.

That is what its called 'Metropolitan Police's elite Diplomatic Protection Command'.

MPEDP

Im not commenting on his abilities in a moral sense. But it seems he was well respected and thought of as calm and good at his job.

The 'elite' has clearly been added by the article's author...

Look at the structure of the sentence, 'elite' isn't part of the unit's name.

• Advertisement

He was not.

He was working recently but missing most of the last two years.

Advertisement