Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Everard Murder - Serving Met Officer Arrested *Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Xander10

Pipmae wrote: »
    How do you know? The likeness is uncanny.

Maybe the clue is in my statement

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

Pipmae wrote: »

Apologies I didn't see that. The 2 men look so alike thanks for clarifying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Panrich

BensMixed wrote: »
    It's highly probable that she would already be subdued at this point and in too much shock to have defended herself adequately. There was a case where a serial killer in america did something like this and a girl escaped. I can't recall the incident but I remember reading that he impersonated a cop and tried to put cuffs on her in the car but she somehow escaped and when she was found she had one of the cuffs on one wrist but she had managed to prevent him from getting the other one on.

That was Ted Bundy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

The system works - after a manhunt a suspect had been arrested and will get a fair trial and a long prison sentence if convicted.

The majority of police and prison officers are men. The joined up to put scum away and keep them there.

The law criminalizes crimes against women - murder rape kidnap prostitution etc

What more can be done?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

What more can be done?

Instead of asking why women are vulnerable ask why men are violent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Design flaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Evening Standard saying she was found in a builders bag and dental records were used to identify. That is beyond awful.

I hope he rots.

RIP Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

These things are never as black and white or cut and dry as many would try point out.
    Sweeping statements about either gender does nothing to improve what is a very complex issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

but rates of homicide against women are lower than at any point in history, you can look at the figures, https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/articles/homicideinenglandandwales/yearendingmarch2019

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

goose2005 wrote: »
    but rates of homicide against women are lower than at any point in history, you can look at the figures, https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/articles/homicideinenglandandwales/yearendingmarch2019

So violence that doesn’t end in murder isn’t relevant?

ETA we’re veering back towards that which we were warned against in the recent mid note so I’m not replying any further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Should be hung, drawn and quartered. Slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

So violence that doesn’t end in murder isn’t relevant?

ETA we’re veering back towards that which we were warned against in the recent mid note so I’m not replying any further.

No, but murder rates are usually closely matched with rates of other crimes. And it seems odd to be talking of an 'epidemic' when actual figures show that there's probably less violence against women than there's ever been. Now that may be a reflection on just how bad women's situations were in the past, but it's still odd not to acknowledge the progress that has been made.

it's the same thing with alcohol, consumption is way down over the last 20 years, and suicide rates have dropped a lot since a peak around 2000, but media reports tend to make out that these things are worse than ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Deseras

Some one reported both of them to police as they saw them moving the body

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Awful stuff :(

London is a dangerous place to live for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Deseras wrote: »
    Some one reported both of them to police as they saw them moving the body

sorry, what does that mean? both of them, the wife and him? link???

just read he was rushed to hospital twice because of head injuries. jesus, don't they have a padded cell/ a bed to fixate him??

interesting, he seems to have a very good feeling and empathy what kind of stuff lies ahead of him: torture and humiliation when he goes to prison. so he's able to imagine it for himself, but had no problem to torture and kill this beautiful, young woman. there are no words to describe such a low life.
    Hope they will torture him in prison with no end in sight for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Things are boiling over at the vigil for her in London tonight.

[url]

We know why some men are violent - violence is the way to get immediate gratification - money power and sex. Psychopaths aren't worried about the legal ramifications.

Criminal Psychopaths and sex murders go hand in hand and are not going to go away no matter how many hastags are posted or candlelit vigils are held.

Monsters are only stopped by police courts and prisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Monsters are only stopped by police courts and prisons.

Some lad with 100+ previous convictions just spat out his coffee reading that

JJayoo wrote: »
    Some lad with 100+ previous convictions just spat out his coffee reading that

Kidnap rape and murder are punished by mandatory custodial sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I hope the fuc,Ker that murdered her is put in prison quickly and that he gets what's coming to him in there. I hope they gang rape him in there. It people like him that make the human race look bad and shame us all.

What happened to that poor girl is a disgrace and she did not deserve to die like that. She Sarah Everard had so much more to live for. RIP Sarah.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Things are boiling over at the vigil for her in London tonight.

[url]

That looks really bad. What the hell were the police thinking arresting people for a vigil.

They didn't take such a response with the rangers fans or with other protesters. Such as BLM who were actually violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Kidnap rape and murder are punished by mandatory custodial sentences.

And I would hazard a guess that those who "kidnap rape and murder" have a long list of previous convictions, an escalation of crime

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

People who do this have a weird sense of entitlement, basically 'I can visit whatever I like unto you because I want to'. Doesn't have to be rape or murder, at the lowest level it could be bullying or some sort of verbal violence against someone who's done nothing to deserve it.

If someone had done this to one of his two kids this bloke would be like Charles Bronson on Steroids going out to rip the perpetrators head off, talk about what the French call 'deux poids, deux measures'.

JJayoo wrote: »
    And I would hazard a guess that those who "kidnap rape and murder" have a long list of previous convictions, an escalation of crime

Not necessarily.

There are generally speaking two types of psychopaths who commit heinous crimes.

Disorganized and organized.

A disorganized psychopath on the spur of the moment could abduct rape and kill a woman without any attempt to evade the law. They are only able to operate because of indifference or incompetence of law enforcement or sheer luck.
    Drifters in the United States evaded capture for years and years killing and moving on because of a lack of modern communications between law enforcement and a lack of modern forensics. Individuals with low intelligence but the motivation to kill could and did get away with crimes particularly if they targeted prostitutes.

This kind might have a string of convictions for other crimes but not always.

Organized psychopaths are people with a respectable front are pillars of the community family men are honest and law abiding on the surface and use this carefully constructed edifice to plan their crimes. They like to abduct a victim and rape and torture them for a prolonged period before killing them in a protracted way before carefully disposing of their remains and evading law enforcement with knowledge of forensics and policing methods to cover their tracks. They have never or may never come to the attention of law enforcement.

Neither type will be detered by fear of capture or punishment from killing. In fact they will both enjoy breaking societal taboos and laws and getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

I don't get the vigil/mourners thing. If it were only people who knew her I would get it. But clearly most of the people didn't know her. It's a weird co-opting of the grief of people genuinely personally affected by it. To me it seems disrespectful. I'm as bothered by the case as anyone else not personally affected.

A lot of experts on what is wrong with men or some men or whatever else. I don't know what makes certain individuals do ****ed up stuff like this and cannot relate to it. I have observed and (non-violently) physically intervened with two stalkers and one attempted sexual assault. In each of those cases it was like their brains weren't really involved. But I have no idea whether their is any similarity between those individuals and this killer. I also had a quiet word with a guy who thought it was funny to repeatedly openly grope a mutual friend. That was different because his brain was involved, he just thought it was a laugh and it appeared to be socially accepted. Doubt any commonality between him and the killer either - I'm just outlining a very different psychology in a different individual violator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Disgraceful scenes at that vigil. Complete and utter disregard for public health safety advice and the MET reacted as they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

grassylawn wrote: »
    I don't get the vigil/mourners thing. If it were only people who knew her I would get it. But clearly most of the people didn't know her. It's a weird co-opting of the grief of people genuinely personally affected by it. To me it seems disrespectful. I'm as bothered by the case as anyone else not personally affected.

A lot of experts on what is wrong with men or some men or whatever else. I don't know what makes certain individuals do ****ed up stuff like this and cannot relate to it. I have observed and (non-violently) physically intervened with two stalkers and one attempted sexual assault. In each of those cases it was like their brains weren't really involved. But I have no idea whether their is any similarity between those individuals and this killer. I also had a quiet word with a guy who thought it was funny to repeatedly openly grope a mutual friend. That was different because his brain was involved, he just thought it was a laugh and it appeared to be socially accepted. Doubt any commonality between him and the killer either - I'm just outlining a very different psychology in a different individual violator.

The vigil was ref violence against women. I'm very surprised there was a bit of trouble at it with "male officers man-handling women" (to quote an article i read this morning). It was obviously a breech of covid rules but i would have thought this event would have got a free pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Disgraceful scenes at that vigil. Complete and utter disregard for public health safety advice and the MET reacted as they should.

Yes but they let BLM protesters rip the place apart by pulling down statues and looting.

Which group do you think deserved the heavy handed treatment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

That looks really bad. What the hell were the police thinking arresting people for a vigil.

They didn't take such a response with the rangers fans or with other protesters. Such as BLM who were actually violent.

they battered people at the restrictions protests organised by Piers Corbyn.
    Oddly they didnt for BLM (as you said) and Pakistan Independence Day street parties.
    It's pretty clear beating a majority white crowd is ok, other less so.

People may think that some protests are more worthy than others - like this vigil is more important than anti-lockdown.
    That's fine but it's not about covid19 , that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

He gave her an awful death the F**CKER. I hope he rots in hell. Not only did he do that he has also ruined the lives of her family. Thinking of what happened to her will haunt them every second of every day.

Advertisement