Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transfer of Residence question (bring car from UK)

Options
  • 10-03-2021 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,
    I moved to Kilkenny from the UK last October and I'm trying to import my car into the country. I'm filling out the form and it's asking for a signature from both the "Importer" and "Carrier". Am i not both those things and if not, who are they?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

When did you bring the car to Ireland and how?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 george.grimble

Late September and by ferry. I've owned it since 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Well if you drove your car to Ireland in October yourself by ferry, then IMO you are "importer" and "carrier".

Anyways - as car was imported last year, then surely it was imported according to old EU rules, so all you need is to apply for "transfer of residence VRT exemption" and get it registered in Ireland, taxed, NCTed and insured and off you go.

That's grand, thank you very much :)

Hello, I sent a form to revenue.ie last February, trying to import my car from the UK and I still haven't heard anything back. The status on my Enquiry has said "In Progress" for a while now.

Is this the norm for waiting on Revenue to respond and what's the best way to follow them up on an Enquiry?

Thanks for your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you talking about a transfer of residence to Ireland?

Export repayment scheme is where you claim VRT back on export.

Hello, I thought they were one in the same? It's a Transfer of Residence form. Is it usual to take this long to hear back from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged.

Advertisement