Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to contact the florist, am hopping mad

Options
  • 10-03-2021 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭

So I ordered flowers for a relative whose special birthday is imminent. I ordered on Monday for delivery today. All good, card accepted, all info provided etc.

Money has not been taken out of my account, flowers have not been delivered, which is the important issue.

The email address for contact (no phones) is incorrect. I copied and pasted it, but it is not recognised and not delivered.

This is a big organisation, and in fact another friend received her bouquet no problem.

If I can't contact them, what do I do? I realise that they will say the money didn't come out of my account, but who takes responsibility for that. Am so disappointed. Thanks if anyone has any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Do you have any order confirmation?
    If you do, follow it up via the email that originated from maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Unfortunately all you can do is complain, but if the money never left your account they were never paid for so the transaction never took place,
    any chance you could get them somewhere else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thanks for replies. There was no order confirmation, but card accepted at checkout no bother. I cannot believe that the only method of communication is via an email that does not work! That cannot be right can it?

Anyway nothing I can do about it now, but I really want to make contact and have a rant (I am not normally like this!).

I'll let you all know if the flowers are delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Unfortunately all you can do is complain, but if the money never left your account they were never paid for so the transaction never took place,
    any chance you could get them somewhere else ?

Only from the garage lol. Mother's Day is imminent so any florist within the 5k is not providing bouquets at short notice.

Ah well, my intentions were good!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

So I ordered flowers for a relative whose special birthday is imminent. I ordered on Monday for delivery today. All good, card accepted, all info provided etc.

Money has not been taken out of my account, flowers have not been delivered, which is the important issue.

The email address for contact (no phones) is incorrect. I copied and pasted it, but it is not recognised and not delivered.

This is a big organisation, and in fact another friend received her bouquet no problem.

If I can't contact them, what do I do? I realise that they will say the money didn't come out of my account, but who takes responsibility for that. Am so disappointed. Thanks if anyone has any ideas.
    Thanks for replies. There was no order confirmation, but card accepted at checkout no bother. I cannot believe that the only method of communication is via an email that does not work! That cannot be right can it?

Anyway nothing I can do about it now, but I really want to make contact and have a rant (I am not normally like this!).

I'll let you all know if the flowers are delivered.

Have you tried to contact the "big organisation" on their website to see if they can help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

... so any florist within the 5k...
    The 5 km restriction should never be mentioned in the same sentence when referring to any allowed shopping or business transactions or looking after vulnerable relatives or care of animals etc etc. It is totally irrelevant. It happens all the time that people quote this 5km rule in situations where it does not apply. There are many people who live much farther than that from any shop, post office, bank or any other services.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The 5 km restriction should never be mentioned in the same sentence when referring to any allowed shopping or business transactions or looking after vulnerable relatives or care of animals etc etc. It is totally irrelevant. It happens all the time that people quote this 5km rule in situations where it does not apply. There are many people who live much farther than that from any shop, post office, bank or any other services.

Flowers are not essential.

OP, never just expect something was successful online if you dont get a confirmation, preferably email or txt. Even if you get a confirmation screen, keep it open until you get the corresponding email/txt.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

GreeBo wrote: »

OP, never just expect something was successful online if you dont get a confirmation, preferably email or txt. Even if you get a confirmation screen, keep it open until you get the corresponding email/txt.

They could bring the flowers in a cover load of paracetomal and bread :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

GreeBo wrote: »
    Then why is the florist open for online business? This is a genuine question. I am not familiar with rules regarding florists but I would have presumed that if they are working that it is allowed. So I don't know about this particular issue, but anyway it happens all the time when people are talking about food shopping, banking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any and all online retailers are allowed operate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement