Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

This years STH pack being delivered by post.

Washbag, travel mug and scarf...

Not sure how true this is but heard there will be no plastic ST card this year, you'll have to access ticket on phone and scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

How would you use your 10% discount in Lifestyle in that case? Can’t be that much of a saving involved in not issue the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Great, another scarf. Surely a hat is cheaper to make. We've had scarfs for years now

Yeah, dunno if there's a digital card or something.

LSS are so piss poor with stock selection in even their larger stores (Grafton Street doesn't have some of the new stuff for example). i just buy online with the code. Next day free delivery of you order before 10pm.

Free returns in store or parcel motel if you need it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Seats are still socially distanced in pods.

Well the RDS seats 16500 and with 75% capacity, they'll seat 12375 which is their season ticket renewals so can't see them releasing more until they have assurances (if that's even possible) that they'll fit more in. Or that they'll keep playing in the Aviva.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭skeogh82

They definitely released some a few weeks back (5th August) as my brother managed to pick up two. We had both signed up to the “register your interest for season tickets” that was on the Leinster website and he got an email inviting him to purchase some but I didn’t so I assumed it must have been some sort of a lottery?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

Injury Update – Available for Selection:

Conor O’Brien: is back training after his knee injury and available for selection

Jamison Gibson-Park: is back training after his hamstring knee injury and available for selection

Max Deegan: is back training after his knee injury and is available for selection

Rhys Ruddock: is back training after his calf injury and is available for selection

Injury Update – Unavailable for Selection:

Andrew Porter: picked up a foot injury in the game against Glasgow Warriors and is nearing the end of his rehabilitation period

Nick McCarthy: picked up a foot injury last week and is unavailable for selection for the Harlequins game

Garry Ringrose: had a procedure at the end of last season for a shoulder injury and is integrating back into training at the moment but is unavailable for the Harlequins game

Ciarán Frawley: picked up a shoulder injury towards the end of last season and is integrating back into training at the moment but is unavailable for the Harlequins game

Jordan Larmour: had a procedure at the end of last season for a groin injury and is still undergoing a period of rehabilitation

Dave Kearney: had a procedure for an ankle injury picked up in pre-season training and will be unavailable for the next few months

Michael Milne: picked up a calf injury this week and will be unavailable for up to six weeks

No New Injury Update – Unavailable for Selection:

Will Connors (knee), Thomas Clarkson (hamstring), Tommy O’Brien (hamstring), Jack Dunne (ankle) and Dan Leavy (knee)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

Disappointing news for Kearney.

Sad to see that Leavy is still on the long term injury list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

What are we doing to these lads in training, 3 injured in pre season ontop of it happening constantly the past 2 season, the other Provence's don't have nearly as big a problem with this too my knowledge. Questions need to be asked about what's going on.

Post edited by Thrashssacre on

• Advertisement

too many soft tissue and ligament injuries, needs looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Didn’t Connacht have a lot of issues over the last few years with injuries

Soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭hold my beer

That's great to see. Was really worried he was going to retire due to the injury

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Start as you mean to go on. 3 injuries and we aren’t even out of preseason. Hopefully last seasons ridiculous injury list won’t continue into this season.

12 senior injuries plus approx. 6 guys injured in the academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Ah would you stop. This happens to every team. Lads get injured in training, it's part of the game.

Edit; right on cue, Munster announce that their new SA signing has been injured in training. What are they doing to these lads in training?

Munster Rugby | Squad Update | Pre Exeter Chiefs

Post edited by Former Former Former on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I mean we could focus on that or we could look at a possible team to play on Friday (not that this will be the selection, but it shows who is fit even taking out guys away with the Lions):

Healy Cronin Ala'alatoa

Baird Ryan

Ruddock Doris VDF

McGrath Sexton

COB JOB

Lowe Keenan Byrne

Tracy, E Byrne, Abdaladze, Toner, Deegan, JGP, H or R Byrne (whichever you're having yourself), ROL

With Kelleher, Furlong, Conan and Henshaw to come back in from the Lions and another 2 weeks before the season actually starts (some of those injuries will have cleared up by then) we really aren't too badly off. TH is about the only area I'd be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Gonna have a shot at guessing the line up for this weekend for the craic. I've no idea who in the Academy is fit and who is injured so this could be miles off...

Dooley Sheehan Ala'alatoa

Molony Baird

Ruddock Deegan Penny

McGrath R Byrne

ROL JOB

Smith Osbourne A Byrne

Tracy, E Byrne, Abdaladze, Toner, Murphy, Foley, H Byrne, O'Reilly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I'd be shocked if we're doing a 23 and not a 30 man squad tbh - possibly more depending on availability.

Usually for pre season we put out a first half team and a second half team.

Will be nice to see everyone get a run out.

Byrne, Sheehan, Ala'alatoa

Ryan jr, Ryan

Murphy, Doris, VDF

McGrath, Harry

COB, JOB (this is a center partnership I can get behind with that naming convention)

Lowe, Keenan, Comerford

Dooley, Tracy, Vakh

Baird, Molony

Ruddock, Deegan, Penny

JGP, Ross

ROL, Osbourne

Smith, O'Reilly, Byrne

Tried to mix the experience with the youth as much as possible.

Cue me being completely incorrect but I don't think we're going to see our senior senior players like Sexton, Healy, Cronin or Dev (although Dev might be a necessity give we're a bit light in the row)

Anyone know if the Harlequins game is being televised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Members bar in my club has an event on for it so surely someone is showing it?!?

Pre seasons are never normally televised are they?

normally not I’d suppose but we have a function on for it so I’d imagine the match is being shown in some shape or form

Think the best you'll get is score and match updates via the LR twitter account lol. If say tour club is trying to leverage the atmosphere that games with crowds are back.

Of course BOI or someone might arrange a web stream or something but you'd think that would be public by now if happening, a lot harder in the Aviva compared to RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭PMC83

You may well be right! I can’t remember ever having an event like this for a preseason game! However it’s in the Aviva and we always have something going on during match days there! Pondering going to the game myself anyway.

• Advertisement

Advertisement