Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options
1101810191020102110221024»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thePigeon_

Oh ye of little faith 😅

I think we made some mistakes this year, but I don't think we're doomed to repeat them. I'd also say that even if the coaching team didn't change. But on the brightside we've got a fresh set of eyes in TB (and potentially fresh exposure to the wider squad for JN) during pre-season this year.

I think if I was a new coach coming in somewhere I'd immediately be looking for quick wins. There's a couple of really simple quick wins for a backs coach in Leinster, consistently pick a 9 who can actually pass the ball and a 10 who can pass while in motion.. Once that's done you can build from there.

Not to **** on guys but imagine running backline drills in Leinster training. There must be a huge difference running a move at 10 depending on whether you're getting the ball from McGrath or JGP. Similarly there must be huge contrast in timing and angles if you're playing 12 outside Ross or one of the others. SH may be an issue for Leinster but equally I think Gunne is the most hyped SH prospect in a good while. I'm backing the coaches to get this one right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

As a Luke fan, I agree he was very poor this past season. I can't see him starting many matches this upcoming season. The way I see it, Foley has a better pass and it's definitely more accurate. He's surely got to be backed in the URC?

Gunne will go to S.A on the E. I tour. Great opportunity for him.

Delighted with Coffey's inclusion with the academy. He is strong in most areas of the game. Good kicking game, good accurate passing game and I think a decent all around athletic profile.

Advertisement