Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options
1101910201021102210231025»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Serbian

I don't love the Snyman signing either for similar lack of depth for the general season reasons, but the reality of how rugby works, in both the league and Europe, is it barely matters where you finish — Glasgow came 4th in the league this season, Munster came 5th last season, Stormers came second the season before that. The team that has been the most consistent over the duration has never managed to win it. Toulouse winning the European Cup this season is the first time the top seed won it in three attempts (though I generally think Europe would be a lot harder to win without a top 2 finish).

A team like Leinster are guaranteed knockout games in both Europe and the league. There are only 7 games that have genuine jeopardy attached to them and those are the games that Snyman will (hopefully) play.

The main positive in terms of injuries for him is he has just come off a season where he has feature in 21 games. Yes, 11 of them were for South Africa, but the 10 he featured in for Munster more than doubled his total appearances for the club. At least he was able to stay somewhat healthy for the most recent season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lonester99

No idea where 'Mike' came from but ye Hayden,

You dont have to agree with it but thats why they signed him, Leinster are confident of making the play offs but they want big players in big games with experience of winning big important knock out games and RG is that.

Its a gamble but so are most signings, they couldve also signed a sub par journeyman that is of no use in the knockouts but can fill a jersey in the URC but i'm not sure thats a good decision either especially with Deeny and O'tiernagh sitting there who need game time.

Advertisement