Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

Cracking kick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Refs and officials will be going off their own time I suspect.

Baird on for Ruddock, who is injured.

• Advertisement

Ah here. This is great stuff. Quinns were very fluent ball in hand early on but our handling the last 20 minutes has been exceptional. Sexton playing great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

And sexton down by the looks of it

scrums not been great

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Our kicking game has been impressive. It's pre-season so I don't want to look too much into things. But at the minute we look to have improved on certain things. Kicking game and varying the point of attack.

Still look a bit ropey at the breakdown tho. And we still bash away when parked on the opposition line rather than going wide. But overall we look decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Lovely break and finish by Baird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭crisco10

After a good first half, the second half reeks of pre season friendly. Lol

Think Ross Byrne might have just done something to his foot there...

Game could do with more knock ons

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's just about the most ridiculous try I've seen in ages.

Fitting for this second half.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Decent enough hit out, quins play a nice brand of running rugby. As expected the game got scrappy when subs and subs of subs, came on. At one stage they're for five minutes no play went about 2 phases without a knock on.

Johnny was determined to show he's still got it and he was pristine while on the pitch.

Looking forward to the bulls game now

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

How well did Brian Deeny play in the second row?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

didn’t mess up but didn’t stand out, about as good as you’d expect.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Only got the one season ticket pack last week even though we've 2 ticket. Mailed em and they said the second would arrive in the coming days.

Was presented with a customs charge for the second pack this morning. It's coming from the UK. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Got that too. My wife has herself and her brother on her account. She got one delivered and the other is held for customs. Same as yourself. The pack and the customs notice both arrived the same day. Why are some getting held and others not. It’s bizarre.

EDIT: Emailing Leinster now to see what’s going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Like the 2 posters above, I have 2 season tickets.

Received 1 season pack last week from the UK (was not impressed..), but received 2 Payment notices this morning from AnPost.

Will probably have to pay both, 1 to release 2nd pack, and 2 to clear account.

Emailed Leinster Ticket Office for comments.

Disappointed to see LR went to the UK for the packs, but even more disappointed that they posted them directly from the UK - a non EU country, and which both Customs and AnPost said they would pursue customs/vat regardless of item cost..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What was the customs charge out of interest?

As to why some are being charged and not others, Irish customs has been a complete mess since the summer when they've been required to charge customs for any item regardless of value. They can't manage the volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Only so much that can be looked into in a preseason game.

My god how good was it to be back at a live match? Interestingly full circle as my last live event was the Wales game in the Aviva. The atmosphere was quite good in the first half too then petered out (just like the game did tbh)

Some excellent showings from people raring to go. Dan Sheehans darts were on the money. If he maintains that I see no reason he wont be in the strongest 23 by Christmas. Physically he's more than ready.

Max Deegan looked absolutely MASSIVE. I was a bit away and was trying to figure out who the new young second row was because he looked beefy for a young fella until I saw the number 8 on his back. He's really filled out.

Was a privilege to see Johnny out there again. It must be well over 10 years since he's been in a preseason game. Head and shoulders above the rest really. He looked sharp.

Jamie Osborne is a superstar in the making. To be that comfortable in senior rugby across 2 positions at 19 is great to see. He has such a well rounded skill set and a massive boot. I hope he kicks on this year even more and gets good senior minutes under him. A potential diamond.

I enjoyed seeing Cosgrave and Russell properly. Both capable runners and both with a real streak of danger about them. Will be good to see how they get on. Nasty nasty hit on Cosgrave by a man whose been red carded twice last season. He will cop a few games for that I imagine. Absolute shocker.

Of the second half cameos I thought Ross Molony stood out. Very physical display from him on both sides of the ball and got some proper impact tackles in.

Overall I think the big strengths and things we've clearly looked at are our Maul D which was incredibly solid and our tactical kicking which was non existent at times last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Just got 2 Customs charges this morning for €3.86 each. I've been racking my brain trying to remember what I ordered. Went on to the An Post site and put in the details and it says it was "POSTCARD, SCARF, BAMBOO CUP, and WASHBAG". Going to give Leinster a shout now as this is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,386 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I found it a hard game to follow and the second half was particularly difficult to tell who was doing well and who wasn't. But I think you picked out some really good points above. Sheehan's darts is a really encouraging sign. He and Ronan K battling for the no.2 jersey would be a rally positive development for Leinster and Ireland in the coming years. Likewise Osborne and Degan pushing for inclusion in Leinster and Ireland teams will hopefully be a feature and will push everyone to perform. Degan Vs Doris Vs Conan is a seriously juicy battle.

It's nice to see someone play well but I'd be reluctant to criticise anyone for a poor performance in a pre season game. And most of the academy lads only needed to tread water at that higher level of physicality to have had a successful day out.

I suppose there will be an injury update on Cosgrave later today or tomorrow. He was unlucky and I hope he recovers quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Yeah your point on criticising players if fair and I avoided it myself. It's preseason and these lads need to settle.

According to comments on the live stream I watched back after, Cosgrave was sat on the bench with the rest of the lads in the second half.

It's bonkers. If there's 12000 season ticket packs, that's €40k in "Admin Fee". If Leinster had imported the 12,000 packs themselves, there is no way AnPost would have charged them all of that. I'm pretty p!ssed tbh, and it's not the €4.

Not to mention, the season ticket price is supposed to include the pack.

I reckon someone is having a bad Monday in Leinster HQ today.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

any idea if and when tickets will be available for the bulls game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

No sign of anything customs related in the post for us though we are also in the "two tickets, only one sth pack" camp as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Same here. One pack from two tickets received today. No customs issues. Although they did send it to my old address which AnPost thankfully caught and redirected. D'oh.

Advertisement