Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,852 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The fact you still haven't wrapped your head around the testing situation is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

I have, Leinster followed the rules to a tee and had a 23 named to play. What more do you want? If Wasps were okay the week before whats the difference now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I admit it. I wanted to watch the match. And I don't care about the health and safety of the players. They aren't people to me. They are simply rugby players there for my entertainment. I don't know them or their families. Do they even have families? Who cares.

I at least have the self-awareness to admit I'm a selfish arsehole with no empathy or compassion. Give me my rugby games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

How many of the other wasps players have tested positive since?

How many munster players involved in that game have tested positive since?

NONE.

Covid is/was rampant in the entire Leinster squad, the likelihood therefore of other players testing positive was higher than with wasps, but you know that yet ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I understand your point, and don't disagree overall. However, the ECPR haven't codified a standard that incorporates that. There's no threshold for cases or such that a team would be aware of beforehand. They simply have to be able to field 23 players who aren't positive, which Leinster did.

To have a subjective ruling on this, both in light of previous games, and the lack of clear rules dealing with testing and delays in positive results, means Leinster are being unfairly unpunished here.

• Advertisement

Very disappointing that there is no game this evening, been flat out with work the last few weeks and just getting to switch off and watch a game is one of a number of things I find cathartic and distracting.

I feel Leinster are a little hard done by, but these are the rules whether we like them or not and it's quite clear that the covid situation in the camp is unclear unfortunately.

Not interested in blame games, I don't think we've been intentionally mistreated albeit in the circumstances I'm not sure a 28 - 0 outcome is entirely equitable. I also understand why Leinster are protesting as any appeal to the result is dependent on us maintaining a narrative and the club will exhaust this avenue from a purely business point of view.

Some of the comments above don't reflect brilliantly on some of the posters. I think people need to take a step back and reflect on how what they write reflects on themselves - anonymous or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

“Dipshit, a tit, a ****, a twat, **** off”.

Keeping it clean. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

You are missing the point, the virus was rampant in the Wasps squad and multiple players tested positive only the day before the match and ERC saw nothing wrong with that. Yet all of a sudden there's an issue.

Covid is rampen in the Wasps squad, so much so that players in their starting team tested positive which Leinster didnt even have happen. What exactly are you not seeing, are you just being wilfully ignorant.

You just described yourself in 5 words, good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Has the Ulster Northampton game been called off too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

All UK v French games postponed

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

so EPCR can postpone french v uk games, cos "no assurances matches would not be at risk"

yet they cannot postpone leinster v Montpellier (or other cancelled games this weekend) because its their decision the match couldnt safely go ahead...

how the actual fcuk can they square that circle?

bet sarries feel stupid now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The fact you haven’t wrapped your head around the fact he doesn’t want and nor does he care about facts, logic or reason. Is even more disappointing.

Because the simple fact that Leinster had 23 players who have all tested negative throughout the week. If it was okay for Wasps to play in their circumstances than it was okay for Leinster also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

I think Leinster will appeal and the match will be replayed along with the 7 UK French games. If we are out of this mess after the 6 nations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Id say Ringrose and Furlong are delighted they have signed 3 year contracts now and didn't wait until the new year.. with the uncertainty about attendances and games the purse strings might have to be closed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Ok.

I was coming to terms with the risk being too much for Leinster to travel and having to forfeit. I didn't like it but I accepted it.

But it's not right that the other games will be postponed not cancelled. It's the same potential risk scenario.

Our game better be rescheduled.

It's not right (this should be read in Toto Wolffs voice)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Ireland isn't in the same Covid/Omicron situation the UK is in, though. the Munster game is still going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The story in the 42 suggests that the Leinster game has not been marked to be rescheduled. Presumably to try and draw a line between these UK games and the Round 1 cancellations.

We are no firmly in bonkers territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭OldRio

Games cancelled last week because they couldn't find a date to allow the games to be replayed.

Games postponed this week and a date will be found to allow games to be replayed.

All makes perfect sense.

I know we are in extraordinary times but to change the rules in 7 days is crazy. The best thing would be a knock out competition. If and its a big if, things improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Lack of consistency is gas. Postponements instead of taking a 28 - 0 loss. Wasps allowed play last week despite covid cases at the 11th hour. Bizarre stuff altogether.

And notice the teams punished are URC teams but the GP and TOP14 get to just have their games postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Matches involving Top14 teams. I wouldn't include the GP in there as the URC/GP games are still going ahead this weekend and the URC/Top 14 game was postponed. We will need to see if the Racing/Ospreys match changes from a 28-0 win to a postponement.

Edit: I see in the challenge cup there is a game going ahead between URC and Top 14 teams, Dragons v Lyon. Perhaps Lyon had already travelled and will have to stay in Wales for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I can completely understand why Leinster might be unhappy with this outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

From what I can piece together on twitter:

There was an exemption from this travel ban for the teams involved in the games

The French clubs met and decided to pull out of the fixtures this weekend

Despite this they all get a chance to reschedule

The tournament has descended into a proper, proper farce. This particular edition of it has no credibility left.

Except Wasps got to play last week despite being in an even worse situation than Leinster were.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

My head is pounding! My hemorrhoids are slapping off my ankles! Wicked heartburn and erectile dysfunction. All from the match being canceled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

To add double insult to injury they're going to remove the two legged round of 16 to make it work. As a result Leinster get double fucked if we end up losing our home leg in that as well!

Advertisement