Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

Ruddock out, Moloney to start, Soroka on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Rhys leaving it a bit late this season for his annual injury woes. 😢

huge crowd there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Daire O'Brien presenting nooooo

horrendous

• Advertisement

Jackman suggesting "quite a few squad players" from leinster are on the move as has been rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Disjointed from Leinster so far, Edinburgh fired up for this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Very nasty head on head collision there. Purely accidental but I imagine Frawley will be stood down for a few weeks.

Surprised it's a yellow tbh. Don't see what the Edinburgh 7 could have done differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Pyrgos talking about a knock on.

Do players not know that foul play supercedes other offences

Good score that.

Penney is very effective at that low drive to the line.

• Advertisement

Leinsters passing for the score has let them down on a few occasions.

Liking Harry Byrne at 12 actually. Mixing it up with his brother and stepping in at first receiver on a number of occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,165 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Why does the PA have to play so much **** whenever Leinster score. 🙄

Brilliant strip from Deegan. Edinburgh were motoring and getting behind the gain line with their offloading.

Byrne should take the three. We haven't been so good that we can be assured of a try from this lineout.

And if course we make a hole of the lineout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Never understand why players run into contact holding the ball with one hand. Holding it under one arm is risky but Kunavula constantly taking contact with the ball in one hand is asking for it.

That was an ok first half. Defended excellently close to our line to stop Edinburgh from scoring and took our own scores well. Martin Moloney is showing well as is Deegan. I also like the look of the Byrnes as dual playmakers.

But unlike other seasons our second string just doesn't look as comfortable playing. Everything looks slightly more forced.

Ruck work is still poor though. Think we've given away three penalties there tonight?

I fail to see how Deegan was penalised for not rolling away. He made the tackle and almost immediately moved to the side.

Incredible defence from Leinster. Parked on our own line for 10 minutes without conceding a score.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Yep. That's the second time Edinburgh spent a long time on the Leinster line and came away without a score.

• Advertisement

I think Cronin made the most crooked throw I've ever seen from a hooker. Went so wide that it landed three metres to the right of where he threw it.

Leinsters night summed up. RoL makes a great break, bursts through two tackles and knocks on after McGrath takes him out.

Edit: And now two more of our players takes each other out.

That's a great try. Excellent support play from Osborne and finish from Deegan.

There are rumours that Deegan might leave in the summer. I can understand if he decides to as he has fallen behind a few players. Would hate to see him however.

Not the most fluid of performances, but we defended excellently and took our scores well.

Deegan was my MotM. Though Martin Moloney was decent for what was first start I think. Penny too obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I hope not! With Doris playing blindside and Conan away with the national squad, he will have plenty of opportunities to stake a claim. The injury last year really hurt his chances for the national team and the emergence of Coombes. Deegan is a high level talent and is capable of getting right back into the mix.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Suspect they'd move Doris across to 8 before starting Deegan there in a big match though. Its a luxury to have him and he's a good player, but he's very much 3rd out of those three.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tommy O'Brien needs some work on his defence.

Penny took a big hit to the neck near the end of the game. Hopefully he's ok for next week as we're stretched quite thin at the minute.

Harry Byrne looked handy at 12 when he came on for Frawley too. Swapped roles with his brother on a number of occasions and wasn't afraid to run with the ball when required. Might be something to look at if Frawley misses next week's fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

Soroka looks he's been on the gain train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Agreed! But, there's always injuries to consider. We know Conan has had a mare with injuries! Doris als

Advertisement