Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I agree re: Molony. We could see him capped. He's not a star player but he is as solid as they come. Easily Euro quality. He may also peak over the next season or so and improve. He's definitely a lad who shows up every time and plays well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Molony is Leinster's Billy Holland. He could carve out another 5-6 seasons at Leinster quite easily but is unlikely to make it with Ireland due to the younger/better options ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I agree re: Molony. We could see him capped. He's not a star player but he is as solid as they come. Easily Euro quality. He may also peak over the next season or so and improve. He's definitely a lad who shows up every time and plays well.

He is only 26, Dev really only started to come good when he was 27/28. So plenty of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Toulon training in St. Andrews today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,052 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sebdavis wrote: »
    He is only 26, Dev really only started to come good when he was 27/28. So plenty of time

Dev was playing for Ireland when he was 24 so I wouldn't put him on that trajectory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Dev was playing for Ireland when he was 24 so I wouldn't put him on that trajectory.

When Nathan Hines left Leinster there were fans who threw their toys out of the pram and complained that Leinster should be allowed keep him because they produce so many internationals in other positions and Toner wasn’t good enough to help the team win a European trophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

He didn't become a regular in the team till later. It was after Joe moved in as coach he started to become a regular selector which was circa 2013 and he was 27

All Im saying is Dev didn't really blossom till later in his career which was the norm for second row, freaks like Ryan etc have changed that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

What happens now? Could the match be postponed, or would Leinster get a buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sanjuro wrote: »

At this stage I’d say a by, probably good over all but really a pain for everyone.

• Advertisement

If the match cannot go ahead then Leinster go through

https://twitter.com/MarkPalmerST/status/1376895291958394882

yerrahbah wrote: »
    If the match cannot go ahead then Leinster go through

https://twitter.com/MarkPalmerST/status/1376895291958394882

It’s a pi55er really, it’s punishing the team for someone contracting something they may have got through absolutely no fault of their own. Although with the next round next week there’s not a lot can be done anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A week off for Leinster might work out well for them.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Very well.

An extra weeks rest in this packed schedule is good dust

Yeah but I’d rather watch a game tonight

Rare occasion where something that is the best possible outcome for Leinster is the worst possible outcome for me. Think I’d rather watch them lose (that might be the cabin fever talking)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Sanjuro wrote: »

With the matches next week already scheduled, it's almost certainly going to be a walkover for Leinster if it isn't played this evening.

We saw earlier in the season that any team defaulting due to Covid conceded a BP defeat automatically.

The issue now is that if the game goes ahead, the Leinster squad are potentially exposed due to close contacts. If they are, they might be in the same boat next week. We saw that with Glasgow who were exposed to Exeter Chiefs the week before, subsequently had positive tests in their own camp and had to concede their home game to Lyon.

Buer wrote: »
    With the matches next week already scheduled, it's almost certainly going to be a walkover for Leinster if it isn't played this evening.

We saw earlier in the season that any team defaulting due to Covid conceded a BP defeat automatically.

The issue now is that if the game goes ahead, the Leinster squad are potentially exposed due to close contacts. If they are, they might be in the same boat next week. We saw that with Glasgow who were exposed to Exeter Chiefs the week before, subsequently had positive tests in their own camp and had to concede their home game to Lyon.

There’s no way Leinster are going to allow this go ahead surely.

I’m sure Toulon will try everything to get the game to go ahead though obviously.

There’s no way Leinster are going to allow this go ahead surely.

I’m sure Toulon will try everything to get the game to go ahead though obviously.

You would imagine so. Disppointing but there's no way Leinster can entertain a game if the positive case has been a close contact of any of tonight's 23 (and he might well be in the 23).

It would essentially jeopardise Leinster's entire European season to play a game where Leinster are overwhelming favourites already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I hope its played. Whatever about cancelling pool games, the finalists and eventual champions shouldn't be getting there by walkovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

What a bag of ****e.

Ah ****e. This was such a good weekend of rugby, really disappointed now.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I hope its played. Whatever about cancelling pool games, the finalists and eventual champions shouldn't be getting there by walkovers.

So you'd rather Leinster play against a team with a confirmed case within the camp on the morning of the game?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ah ffs. What a letdown but there was no chance it wash going ahead after a confirmed case.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah well, Irish v Cardiff instead it is.

Pity, I was hoping we would thrash toulon

The two best words in the English language

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Ah ****e. This was such a good weekend of rugby, really disappointed now.

I just got set up with Now TV Sports Extra...Would have loved to finally beat Toulon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Ugh, was really looking forward to this.

If Leinster end up winning the competition, it will feel a little hollow to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭crisco10

I'm actually gutted - I spent the morning entertaining kids and cleaning. now I've nothing to cash that credit against.

Advertisement