Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭hold my beer

That's very annoying. Was really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

There’s still a lot of serious teams left and no cup is won easy. We have had a bad rub of the green in the past with injuries etc so for me onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's right that the game was called off. Health is the number one priority right now.

Nor sure if the extra weeks rest is a good thing for Leinster though. It gives us a chance to recuperate after a gruelling schedule, but we miss out on the chance to further re-integrate the test players back into the team. Could run the risk of going into Exeter/Lyon under prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,052 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Damn.

Two weeks in a row now our opponents haven't turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Damn.

Tip of the hat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Damn.

I, now that's just, I have to say....

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Damn.

:):):):)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Clegg wrote: »
    It's right that the game was called off. Health is the number one priority right now.

Nor sure if the extra weeks rest is a good thing for Leinster though. It gives us an extra weeks rest after a gruelling schedule, but we miss out on the chance to further re-integrate the test players back into the team. Could run the risk of going into Exeter/Lyon under prepared.

That is a definite concern.

Calling it off is absolutely the correct decision , but I think Leinster would have benefitted from the game in terms of getting up to the intensity that will be required to go to Lyon or Exeter and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cockends anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ugh, was really looking forward to this.

If Leinster end up winning the competition, it will feel a little hollow to me.

Ah, we were always gonna walk this one. I'd have liked the lads to get a good match in before Exeter, but c'est la vie, mangetout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

The week's rest should be great for the likes of Henshaw, Healy, Keenan etc who have played a lot of rugby lately.

Pain in the hole though.

Had a grand evening planned, this has turned into the worst good Friday anyone has ever had.

Ye can be thankful this was caught before the game. Instead of a potential outbreak and concession of a QF, Leinster get a week off. I'm sure the likes of Henshaw will be glad of it come training on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

F*ck's sake. Was looking forward to some revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I just bought a Now TV sub especially for this, can't believe it!! Very short notice

I just bought a Now TV sub especially for this, can't believe it!!

You've next week!

I just bought a Now TV sub especially for this, can't believe it!!

Me too, did the same last time too

Ugh, was really looking forward to this.

If Leinster end up winning the competition, it will feel a little hollow to me.

Leinster were roaring favourites. This isn't an Exeter or Racing that they getting a walkover from.

You've next week!

ah yeah, I got the monthly one, I was just looking forward to this game so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I just bought a Now TV sub especially for this, can't believe it!! Very short notice

Another 7 games of Knock out rugby, I'm not too pissed off about it to be honest.

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »
    Another 7 games of Knock out rugby, I'm not too pissed off about it to be honest.

yeah I now realise there's plenty of other games to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Leinster were roaring favourites. This isn't an Exeter or Racing that they getting a walkover from.

Yeah but we don't want to be going into a match like those undercooked. God knows Munster didn't even warm us up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Plenty of other rugby on, enjoy it

The La Rochelle game should be a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Parisse doesn't appear happy.

Diddums.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah but we don't want to be going into a match like those undercooked. God knows Munster didn't even warm us up.

Exeter guys (especially the scots) will have played every week for the last 6 weeks... and theyre not playing well.

the extra week off for us, to rest and prepare, is a godsend

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/champions-cup/2020-2021/champions-cup-leinster-toulon-annule-bernard-lemaitre-crie-au-scandale_sto8202524/story.shtml

Oooh, this is going to be interesting.

Toulon saying they had the positive case on Wednesday and the player was isolated. They were still permitted to travel to Dublin. They re-tested yesterday, no positives. Game called off.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Noel Reid at 10 for agen as they prepare for a Benetton ass whooping...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Toulon every right to be p*ssed off at that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/champions-cup/2020-2021/champions-cup-leinster-toulon-annule-bernard-lemaitre-crie-au-scandale_sto8202524/story.shtml

Oooh, this is going to be interesting.

Toulon saying they had the positive case on Wednesday and the player was isolated. They were still permitted to travel to Dublin. They re-tested yesterday, no positives. Game called off.
    Should be referred to the TMO at the very least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

.ak wrote: »
    Ah, we were always gonna walk this one. I'd have liked the lads to get a good match in before Exeter, but c'est la vie, mangetout.

Ah I accept that, it’s just the nature of this year. That being said, I just feel that it lessens the achievement of winning the competition.

I understand it can’t be helped.

Advertisement