Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Deegan has played well, he's going to need a good start next season to challenge Conan. Ruddock will be used only in urc matches, I think. He's getting on in age and Doris and Baird seem better options right now! Then, there's Soroka coming up! He could be better than both of them. Sean O'Brien will also be getting a look. Leinster are very weak at Blindside, for the future! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Itxa

And to add to the above I think this will be Jimmy’s chance to stake a claim at 15. I worry about his positioning and ability to cover the backfield - the ones who do/did it well - Keenan and Kearney always prioritise hanging off storming into the defensive line and cover the chip ahead out wide. If Jimmy can do this he might showcase his ability to cover the backfield well. Don’t commit- hold off as long as you can and cover all possibilities without taking yourself out of the game by committing to the tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Ross Byrne being picked over Sexton has been the pattern in the league for the last couple of seasons. Sexton was on the bench for the final both last season and the season before. That's how we've managed him — he's the European Cup outhalf for the most part and Ross Byrne is the league outhalf for the most part.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

He just signed a new contract (bizarrely I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Deegan obviously trusts or believes in his ability. Next season is a blank slate for him. An injury to Conan or Doris and he's back in the frame. If he doesn't win a place in the xv, he could move on when his contract ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

For good reason Ulster and Connacht fans like the idea that Deegan should leave Leinster for his own benefit, I was among the latter during the period before he signed his contract renewal. The reality is that it's hard to leave a successful and well organised outfit. Deegan clearly believes in himself, is back playing great rugby after a bad injury, and will be pushing to get back in the front ranks over the next two years. And as you say, one injury could upturn the selection. Look at Will Connors, or, sadly, Dan Leavy, lot of attrition in the back row.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Tbh, while on-song he is by far the best 8 in the squad imo, Conan hasn't hit the heights this season and if he doesn't up his game I wonder if he could come under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Deegan is right to stay. Ruddock is shoving on, Leavy and Murphy are gone, he's in a better situation than he was a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The weather in Dublin is atrocious. Been steady downpours all afternoon and a few peals of thunder for good measure. We may have to play a much tighter game than hoped for. Not the way Leinster want to play and would suit the Bulls better.

Hopefully it dries up before kickoff.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the bookies spread has steadily gotten wider from -16 to now -22.

The track is suppose to be dry from about 6:30 onwards, but the grass will still be wet.

i think it will be around the 15 - 16 point margin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Whatever about the rain, the wind is absolutely wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Raging I can't make it in as away. Hopefully gets a good crowd. A packed RDS is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Morne to kick a 64 metre winner - you heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Sun showers!

Love the way Leinster are benching Sexton. Very sporting.

Leinster by 50!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Gibson Park staring at what should be quick ball for the backs after several phases battering with the forwards only to go for slow ball, and then to be turned over and 50 metres down the field.

Not a smart start.

That was a poor attacking structure from Leinster. Telegraphed that we were always going to bash away with the forwards near the Bulls line. Our backs were clearly bunched in very tightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Great work in support by Sheehan.

Looked like the Bulls hooker was on his knees when competing at that ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

No try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,803 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Great tap penalty drill from the Bulls

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭JRant

That's all sorts of obstruction

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

This is very poor from Leinster. Bulls have clearly identified that Leinster have weaknesses in tight

And then they bait Leinster into a tight battle and pass one out further and go over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Nasty slide by Porter it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,803 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Leinster are in trouble here.

Leinster have clearly been targeted aerially and are struggling.

Also, I've seen plenty of referees call advantage over after kicking away a knock on. Very generous from the referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Pathetic size crowd at the RDS for a semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

This is looking ominous. Would get Sexton on immediately

Bulls have clearly identified that Leinster are weak in the close collision areas. And we're obliging them.

Leinster look powder puff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭LRind2008

Leinster getting bullied again against anyone who fronts up... embarrassing by this forward pack

Advertisement