Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,052 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

deckie66 wrote: »
    Sorry but No.

Spoirts Ireland can grant an exemption from restrictions from countries not listed for MHQ - for example, a team from the UK or Germany, but there is no exemption from MHQ.

It hasnt really arisen yet because the initial list ddint include many countries with which we'd be engaging in top level sport.

Here is the extremely short list of exemptions from MHQ

Exemptions
    The Health (Amendment) Act 2021 identifies those who are exempt from mandatory hotel quarantine. If your trip to Ireland is not in any of the categories below, then you must complete mandatory hotel quarantine at a designated facility:

arriving into the State in the course of duty and who hold a valid Annex 3 certificate (ensuring the availability of goods and essential services)
    arriving in the State in the course of duty and are drivers of a heavy goods vehicle
    airline pilots, aircrew, maritime master or maritime crew and who arrive in the State in the course of performing duties
    travelling to the State pursuant to an arrest warrant, extradition proceedings or other mandatory legal obligation
    a member of An Garda Síochána or Defence Forces (or their equivalents from another state) and travelling to the State in course of duty
    travelling to the State for unavoidable, imperative and time-sensitive medical reasons and these reasons are certified by a registered medical practitioner or person with equivalent qualifications outside the State
    having been outside of the State to provide services to or perform the functions of an office holder (under any enactment or the Constitution) or a member of either house of the Oireachtas or the European Parliament
    diplomats and certain other categories of persons entitled to privileges and immunities in the State
    Regulations will also exempt transit passengers who do not leave the port or airport before travelling out of the State and who have a 'not detected' COVID-19 PCR test result, following a test taken within 72 hours of their arrival into Ireland.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a6975-mandatory-hotel-quarantine/#exemptions

My bad. That was clearly removed recently so. An exemption will be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Clipped this from the game. Conan enjoying that last scrum against Exeter.

The difference between back row and second row is hilarious here - Conan going absolutely mental whilst Molony is just trying to catch his breath back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

AdamD wrote: »
    The difference between back row and second row is hilarious here - Conan going absolutely mental whilst Molony is just trying to catch his breath back :D

Great to see Luke McGrath really enjoying the penalty win too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Josh van der Flier and Jack Conan should be going on the Lions tour.

Between England, Munster and now Exeter that's 3 incredibly high profile games that both of them have excelled in. They're clearly in form. Have actively worked on deficiencies in their game and are reaping the rewards.

Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Conan might have a chance. Faletau is the only other in form option at number 8. Doris probably would have travelled but he's injured. Vunipola doesn't look match fit and is completely out of form.

VDF is playing great stuff, but there are too many quality options available. Watson and Tipuric will probably be selected and Curry will probably go as well. Although I think the latter will be based more on reputation as he had a rather Six Nations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,498 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Clegg wrote: »
    Conan might have a chance. Faletau is the only other in form option at number 8. Doris probably would have travelled but he's injured. Vunipola doesn't look match for and is completely out of form.

VDF is playing great stuff, but there are too many quality options available. Watson and Tipuric will probably be selected and Curry will probably go as well. Although I think the latter will be based more on reputation as he had a rather Six Nations.

Watson is overrated imo, he's a Scottish Stander.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I don't think Conan has any chance. Felatau will obviously go and then I can't see him picking Conan over the likes of Vunipola. The squad isn't being picked on the back of 2 or 3 games.

I think Keenan and Kelleher have more realistic shots, Kelleher very long though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

R92 out !

I don't think Conan has any chance. Felatau will obviously go and then I can't see him picking Conan over the likes of Vunipola. The squad isn't being picked on the back of 2 or 3 games.

I think Keenan and Kelleher have more realistic shots, Kelleher very long though.

Wales spoofing their way through the six nations will give Gatland plenty of cover to pick from what I consider a generally out of form bunch of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Kelleher has an outside chance. He's the most impactful carrier if all the available options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,498 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Think Kelleher is an absolute lock for the starting 2. He comfortably outplayed Cowan Dickie, and he's miles better than Ken Owens. Jamie George is obs a quality player, but hasn't been in the same form as previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Think Kelleher is an absolute lock for the starting 2. He comfortably outplayed Cowan Dickie, and he's miles better than Ken Owens. Jamie George is obs a quality player, but hasn't been in the same form as previous years.

He has a chance but no he’s not an absolute lock, he’s still getting there.

I’d say Owens is most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I reckon if Kelleher has another big performance in the Semis he might nudge his way into the touring 3.

But at the moment I would say it’s hard to look past Owens, George & LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

If George travels it's on reputation at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

To be honest a lot of players could do with a rest, send the English & Welsh over and hopefully we can win a 6 nations with our rested players like last two tours :-)

Send over Sexton mind you, he deserves it

Bazzo wrote: »
    If George travels it's on reputation at the moment.

Absolutely but you wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he was selected considering his body of work in the last 4 years. He did get MOTM in the Championship game last week btw ;)

I reckon Gatland will fancies his chances of him finding form in the warm up games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

sebdavis wrote: »
    To be honest a lot of players could do with a rest, send the English & Welsh over and hopefully we can win a 6 nations with our rested players like last two tours :-)

Send over Sexton mind you, he deserves it

I highly doubt anyone will be travelling.

In my mind the tour looked pretty unlikely when they said sticking with it taking place in SA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

VANG1 wrote: »
    R92 out !

Be nice to get Bordeaux

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mon Lawrence do the business...

**** you Lawrence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

Tasty game for Leinster.
    Have to go away to win it.

Leinster Toulouse final I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Leinster v ronan

Oh yes though..

Leinster v Toulouse in the final for the 5 title and Supreme Commanders of European Rugby champions

Away to LaRochelle....!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ROG was better than Sexton ever was.

In order of preference would have liked Bordeaux before LaRochelle but I think we can win away to them. Very good team, well coached and full of belief but Leinster are the stronger outfit and have a better knock out rugby calibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Oof huge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

ROG is laying down a marker thus far in his coaching career! He will be good and ready when Leo steps down and assumes the reins at Leinster!
    Thomond?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Dubinusa wrote: »
    ROG is laying down a marker thus far in his coaching career! He will be good and ready when Leo steps down and assumes the reins at Leinster!
    Thomond?

Hayes as scrum coach too.

Advertisement