Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CORMACREYN

There's no limit on squad sizes anymore, they got rid of that for the 2020/21 season. The entire senior and academy squad are already nominated as being our European squad.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,638 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

glad i took stormers at +15 !!

i still think Leinster can win this, but it will easily be the hardest challenge of the season in the league so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Backing the opposition for a 15+ point win is pretty wild. The squad is weak, but I don't think it's lose the game at home by three scores weak. Take a look at the teams we fielded in the Rainbow Cup for example, way greener than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Should be a good crowd for this! That Stormers front row is excellent. I hope we can contain them. I wonder if Clarkson has fallen out of favor?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm not a betting man but I think even if the Stormers lose by 14 Syd wins his bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Betting Stormers +15 was an even money bet that stormers would win the game if they started with 15 points.

If Leinster were to win 55-42 for example he would win.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,638 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Spread bet, not win margin.

As the lads above have said, a +15 bet means giving the stormers a 15 point head start, so even if Leinster win by 14 points I still win the bet.

I put the bet on the moment it was announced that the bok players would be traveling.

The spread has closed to within 5 points ie stormers +5 and to be honest I still see value in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I put the bet on the moment it was announced that the bok players would be traveling.

Likewise, I backed Stormers at 4/1, they're now at 9/5.

I haven't done the maths but I presume that 10 euro stake is worth loads now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Ah ok, makes more sense. Can you tell I’ve never placed a bet in my life? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The noises on Sexton really aren't very good. Wondering if he's played his last game for Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Unfortunately it seems like it might be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It would be a huge shame if we don't see Sexton again in blue. Not least so he can get the send off he deserves. I was surprised when I saw how little he's actually played for us this year (only 21minutes in the HC).

Thankfully we're in great shape on the field with Ross at the helm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Has there been an update on his injury or just speculation?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The only update was that he "hopes to be back before the end of the season" , which certainly suggests at least 6-8 weeks out unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

A potential European final at the Aviva would be nine weeks on from the England game, and a potential home URC final would be ten, either of those would be a great send-off.

IRFU won't be taking any chances with him though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Besides Sexton injured, there's Kelleher injured, how long will he be unavailable? It's a shoulder injury also. He could miss the remaining games this season. Ringrose should be given a month off from the date of his concussion.

The positive news is Furong back and getting his fitness up. Injury wise, we've had so many this year with 3 lads retiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I work in Ballsbridge and the weather is pure manure right now. If that leads to a lot of scrums we're in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Felt the Stormers were off their feet first there, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Harry Byrne tackled in air there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Are Tommy O’Brien and Will Connors not starting as named previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Must have seen a different team sheet 😂

Leinster are in for a long night here. Stormers are well on top here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Leinster will likely come back into this when they get that wind at their backs in the second half. I also expect their fitness to be far superior.

Also, decent showing in the scrum so far, against the Springboks front row.

(although John Hodnett probably doesn't miss that tackle on Libbok... 🙃)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ah ffs Harry

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Referee is appalling. Equally awful for both teams.

I don’t want to seem biased but do the stormers look onside at any ruck? The line seems very high and moving up before the ball leaves at the ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

It looked like Stormers were starting to tire already there and then that intercept.

Ref is allowing a free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's a complete free for all at the breakdown and McGrath keeps throwing spuds at players.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The knock on/intercept was unfortunate, but the Stormers have been far better overall and playing the conditions much smarter.

Advertisement