Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

The kick from McCarthy to give them territory was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's definitely forward out of the hands btw. Don't agree with Adamson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Has to be a forward pass

Not given and it's a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Absolutely forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

How is that not given as forward. Wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

A mile forward and down the hands are forward as well but waved away as flat

Adamson gonna Adamson. Defence should have been so much better.

Leinsters scrum has fared far better than I thought it would.

It's everything else that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would love to know how we ended up keeping McCarthy but letting Patterson go

I’m searching for the reason or answer why McCarthy was resigned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Early in the half the lions hooker popped up and a free was given against Leinster on their 5m line. Couldn't figure out what the call was for but usually the team that pops up gets penalized

Poor first half. We had the Lions on the ropes early, but let them off the hook a few times. Then from about 20 minutes onwards our defensive structures completely broke down.

Prendergast does look rather decent though. Made some very nice passes to put players into space.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Even worse, we took McCarthy back in essentially a swap for Patterson. Can't get my head around that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ref said it was for Leinster coming across in the scrum (so not scrumming straight).

Lions aren’t great defensively themselves, so if Leinster can sharpen up and cut out the unforced errors the game could very well be won.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Haven't seen enough of him before now to comment, but he looked absolutely gassed at the end there. Almost grey in the face.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

General thoughts so far:

Barron has been fairly poor, had his career a bit derailed so far because of injury though.

Tackling and defensive structure all over the place at the minute which is to be expected in this sort of scratch side. Struggling with their pace, and any ball out the back has Leinster scrambling. One on one tackling not been ideal either.

Really impressed with Deegan this year. Always had him down as a sort of rangy, pacey backrower but he's added a lot of heft to his game and he's overpowering some of his opposite numbers. Very impressive return from injury. Being able to rely on a backrow of Deegan, Ruddock and Penny/Connors works wonders in games like this and really helps with the development of the inexperienced players around them. Ruddock is winding down a bit imo, but their should be one or two players almost ready for the step up.

All eyes have been on Prendergast and he's played well I think. One horrendous pass but he's moved the ball well so far.

Really like the centre pairing - Turner is a fantastic backup that runs great lines and I rate Brownlee highly. Injured during his u20 run so is generally underrated but I think he'll surprise a lot of people.

TOB looks good. He's had a horrific run of nasty injuries but he's still highly rated in a lot of circles. Takes a lot of patience and perseverance to get back to the level he's playing at right now, so I'm rooting for him. Even if he doesn't become an 'elite' player he can play numerous positions to a high level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Paterson thought he could get ahead of Casey.

We knew Patterson was leaving and we were desperate for a 3rd choice scrumhalf? I really don't like Foley either.

I'm hoping that Ben Murphy gets an opportunity on this tour and step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭durthacht

• Advertisement

Much better by Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭rodge123

Looked like knock on by Deeny in built up to that try, will take it though!

Looked like a knock-on earlier in the build-up to me. I’ll take the try though!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Minor detail but how is the Lions 15 allowed kick off from inside the Leinster half every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Need to bring on Ben Murphy , another terrible kick by McCarthy

Lions once again gifted good territory thanks to a terrible kick from McCarthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Just checking but Barron came off for a HIA and didn't come back on didn't he? Someone will have to be added to the squad in South Africa since only 2 hookers travelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Hopefully Fintan Gunne comes good because McCarthy is a dreadful 3rd choice.

That's a really annoying mistake from Ruddock to drop that after Deegan steals the line out

• Advertisement

Huge from Brian Deeny

Advertisement