Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I don’t think Larmour is a definite starter. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him start but also could see a situation where Kearney does.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

ongarite wrote: »
    Season tickets for next year on sale today.
    Reckons there will be strong demand for them, people wanting to get back to supporting team in person & the social aspect to it too.

General question - the price I'm getting when I go through to pay is 15euro more than the email stated the prices, assume this is the Ticketmaster fees? It's not entirely clear. Anyway, will renew regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

General question - the price I'm getting when I go through to pay is 15euro more than the email stated the prices, assume this is the Ticketmaster fees? It's not entirely clear. Anyway, will renew regardless.

Based on when I had the tickets before this is ticketmaster taking a cut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

THFC198 wrote: »
    I would normally tend to agree with your logic but I don’t know if DK will be any better in defence against this LR attack so I would go with Larmour because of the increased danger he offers out wide, I’d start Toner but I think the 19/20 jerseys then become the debate, Baird has to take one but do you give the other to Toner/Fardy/Molony or an actual back row player like a Connors/Doris, or even a Penny, despite the lack of game time

If Sexton, Harry B and Frawley are all out I think we probably go for a 6/2 split. Can't see Connors or Doris being involved as they have no game time. But you could get Penny in there with Baird and Fardy. I have a feeling H.Byrne being taken off was precautionary more than anything else. If Sexton doesn't come through and H.Byrne is injured, we really are in trouble.

Fingers crossed JGP is fit also.

What will be on the coaches mind regarding Larmour, is that he has come in clutch in some big games this season (Munster away and Chiefs away). So that will probably tip the balance in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Bit of a tangent but see Joe Walsh tours folding. Know they organised some Leinster tours.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1387019346300526599

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Ryan is not 100% and has so little game time. Maybe he benches? His fitness may not be at the level required. I think Baird and Toner may get the nod. I think it takes at least 2 to 3 appearances to regain match fitness. Especially in the tight 5.
    JGP will be needed too. Otherwise Luke will be on for the duration. Ringrose too is probably not 100%. It's been a devastating year for us with injuries. I suppose that Ringrose will definitely start. I can't remember a season like this. It's a year of poring over the injury updates and crossing fingers.
    The team has adapted well and have knuckled down. If Sexton doesn't play, I think we could be in trouble. At this stage, with all the turmoil It's amazing that the team is where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Is this a pre-release? I haven't had season tickets in a few years, just logged onto Ticketmaster and am not seeing any tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Is this a pre-release? I haven't had season tickets in a few years, just logged onto Ticketmaster and am not seeing any tickets available.

Only for those renewing from the 2019-20 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Sexton is out of this weekends game. Still following the RTTP. I've no issues with Ross playing and hopefully JGP will be available. HOS struggled something fierce last weekend. In the absence of Sexton we need our experienced 9's to take some responsibility off Byrne's shoulders.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1387032151690985475?s=09

• Advertisement

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Ryan is not 100% and has so little game time. Maybe he benches? His fitness may not be at the level required. I think Baird and Toner may get the nod. I think it takes at least 2 to 3 appearances to regain match fitness. Especially in the tight 5.
    JGP will be needed too. Otherwise Luke will be on for the duration. Ringrose too is probably not 100%. It's been a devastating year for us with injuries. I suppose that Ringrose will definitely start. I can't remember a season like this. It's a year of poring over the injury updates and crossing fingers.
    The team has adapted well and have knuckled down. If Sexton doesn't play, I think we could be in trouble. At this stage, with all the turmoil It's amazing that the team is where it is.

A lot of people would have said that about Exeter but Ross Byrne was absolutely excellent. I don't know how many Euro wins he has to be involved in to be recognised as being more than capable at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/cullen-issues-injury-update-ahead-of-trip-to-france/?FixGuid=19LL9188

Johnny definitely out this weekend.

Not looking great for Frawley or Harry either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Dubinusa wrote: »

Ryan starts.

Not really a discussion there.

3rd most carries of any forward on the pitch at the weekend and made plenty of tackles too.

Not only that but his defensive lineout ability is vital.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/cullen-issues-injury-update-ahead-of-trip-to-france/?FixGuid=19LL9188

Johnny definitely out this weekend.

Not looking great for Frawley or Harry either

Jaysus. Hawkshaw on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Jaysus. Hawkshaw on the bench?

6-2 split and hope for the best if Byrne Jnr and Frawley are out. Hawkshaw will not be in the 23 at all.

ROL (because you can put him in anywhere from 11-14) and a SH on the bench imo, if Byrne got injured I think I'd put Ringrose at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ringrose can back up 10 if needs be.

I have no concerns for a Leinster side with RB and McGrath leading the line, especially not with the quality of groundhogs and ballet dancers immediately in front and behind them.

I expect we'll run Stade Rochelais ragged and give them a serious lesson in senior hurling, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

molloyjh wrote: »
    6-2 split and hope for the best if Byrne Jnr and Frawley are out. Hawkshaw will not be in the 23 at all.

update says frawley ok. but he's hardly played since january so don't know how reliable that is

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If Ringrose was to cover at 10 I have a feeling they might feel more comfortable with Lowe starting then just for his left boot, similar to how they did against Munster after Byrne went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

If Ringrose was to cover at 10 I have a feeling they might feel more comfortable with Lowe starting then just for his left boot, similar to how they did against Munster after Byrne went off.

Lowe's position isn't in any doubt. Just because he had a few bad games in a bad Ireland team doesn't mean he's any less important to Leinster.

He's a game breaker. He was key in Leinster's fightback v Exeter.

• Advertisement

TRC10 wrote: »
    Lowe's position isn't in any doubt. Just because he had a few bad games in a bad Ireland team doesn't mean he's any less important to Leinster.

He's a game breaker. He was key in Leinster's fightback v Exeter.

Lowe is a class player and of course he will start for Leinster. He is one of the best wingers in European rugby over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Lowe was poor for Ireland in the 6 Nations. Although I maintain that he wasn't as bad as certain detractors have made out. I think those poor performances have caused people to overlook how well he subsequently played against Exeter. Larmour scored twice and Keenan set up a couple of trys, but I thought Lowe was the pick of the outside backs. Was a menace all game.

Clegg wrote: »
    Lowe was poor for Ireland in the 6 Nations. Although I maintain that he wasn't as bad as certain detractors have made out. I think those poor performances have caused people to overlook how well he subsequently played against Exeter. Larmour scored twice and Keenan set up a couple of trys, but I thought Lowe was the pick of the outside backs. Was a menace all game.

It didn't matter what Lowe did for Ireland, he already had a number of people who wanted him off the team before he even pulled on a jersey.
    You had a similar witch hunt by the same people after Larmour at 15.

Best to leave them to it. Lowe will start for me, based on the qtr final I would expect Larmour on the other wing

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I'd say the back three will be the same as the Exeter game, I feel for Dave Kearney because he's been playing so well but there's not much of a case for changing up now imo. I 100% would have started Kearney against Exeter in a horses-for-courses sort of selection but I think La Rochelle play a bit looser which will suit Lowe and Larmour even more-so than Exeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Are we expecting to be back in the RDS by September? Seems mad they're selling season tickets when there's no guarantee we'll be allowed. Suppose they need the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Are we expecting to be back in the RDS by September? Seems mad they're selling season tickets when there's no guarantee we'll be allowed. Suppose they need the cash.

From the email

BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: Please note, all information included here is based on the assumption that there will be no COVID-19 restrictions in place by October 2021. If COVID-19 restrictions remain in place for any of the 2021/2022 season and any Season Ticket holder is prohibited from attending a match due to these restrictions, options including per-match refunds will be available.

Realistically, if we're not back by October, then we're not going back at all next season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

On a different note, all vaccinated people can be outside without masks in the U.S.
    I reckon that by September, the provinces will be allowed to have spectators.
    A **** injury plagued season just got ****tier. Awful for Sexton. His long term health must be the focus at this point.
    RB is a fantastic replacement. But who fills in on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's already nearly May. I think we would be doing very well to have full crowds by September.

I think the Proxx will be starting in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It's already nearly May. I think we would be doing very well to have full crowds by September.

I think the Proxx will be starting in October.

Yeah I’d even be happy enough with a couple of restrictions early on but ramping up as the season ticks on.

Advertisement