Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Buer wrote: »
    "Pressuring"!

Yep, we need to choose our words carefully, but honestly, who wouldn't tell their biggest bruisers to focus on running down his channel all day.
    Buer wrote: »
    Although I would have said the exact same about Luke McGrath when we went to Exeter. I'm surprised they didn't give him a bit more attention. If he had gone off with 20-25 minutes left, I'd believe Exeter would be playing La Rochelle this weekend.

Baxter and Exeter aren't cynical enough yet. We all know Saracens would have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So, likely team for this weekend....

Healy Kelleher Furlong
    Fardy Ryan
    Ruddock Conan VDF

McGrath RByrne
    Henshaw Ringrose
    Lowe Keenan Larmour

Tracy, Byrne, Porter, Baird/Molony, Doris/Baird, HOS, Frawley, Kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Would Doris be in the 23? He hasn't played in months. I would wait til the next rainbow match to play him. I know that we're decimated with injuries, but would throwing a lad into this match make sense?
    I think I would go with Penny on the bench, or maybe Murphy. Murphy doesn't lack physically and is a strong ball carrier.
    Hopefully, Ryan is back to something near 100%. It is a difficult situation for the coaching team. This has been a year of jigsaw puzzles and we're quite stretched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

molloyjh wrote: »
    So, likely team for this weekend....

Healy Kelleher Furlong
    Fardy Ryan
    Ruddock Conan VDF

McGrath RByrne
    Henshaw Ringrose
    Lowe Keenan Larmour

Tracy, Byrne, Porter, Baird/Molony, Doris/Baird, HOS, Frawley, Kearney

No chance Toner will be dropped.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

TRC10 wrote: »
    No chance Toner will be dropped.

Agreed - Doubly so with Doris not getting game time last week.

I think they start Toner and Ryan with Baird and Fardy on the bench.

Think if Doris had gotten an hour last weekend, then Toner might have lost out , but not now.

• Advertisement

If Doris has had a couple of good weeks in training he would be in with a shout even without game time given his calibre and if he was removed as a precaution before the Munster game there is an interpretation of that which would indicate that he was being minded with this weekend in mind.

Less likely though, suspect VDF, Conan, Ruddock will be the backrow and Toner / Ryan or Baird / Ryan the second row.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Hoping that JGP is on the bench. I would assume that HOS will be nowhere near the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Trojan wrote: »
    If a team chooses not to have a backup 10 in the playing squad, as opposition coach you'd be crazy not to double down on pressuring on the starting 10.

The good old fashioned "get a hit on the 10 early, even if its late" and do it often. Always aim for the standing leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

I think I would go with:

1. Cian Healy
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Tadhg Furlong
    4. James Ryan
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Rhys Ruddock
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. Jack Conan
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Ross Byrne
    11. Jordan Larmour
    12. Robbie Henshaw
    13. Tommy O'Brien
    14. David Kearney
    15. Hugo Keenan

16. James Tracy
    17. Edward Byrne
    18. Andrew Porter
    19. Ryan Baird
    20. Scott Penny
    21. Garry Ringrose
    22. Ciarán Frawley
    23. James Lowe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The controversial call is at 13 if anyone didn’t spot it on the first reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

salmocab wrote: »

What first reading?

What first reading?

Post above mine, Richie always throws a curve ball

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Post above mine, Richie always throws a curve ball

I know :pac:

I was saying I had not and would not read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭crisco10

But where is Scott Fardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Also Ringrose as the back up scrum half.

Oh sorry, I assumed you couldn’t see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

E0NomETWQAE09t4?format=jpg&name=large

Osborne on the bench...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Gotta feel for HOS. I know he was poor against Munster

Osborne hasn't played in 6 weeks due to injury and has never really been looked at ahead of HOS and he's confirmed off to Munster.

I mean it's clear neither would get on unless Luke drops - but still feel for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

O'Loughlin on the bench ahead of DK would indicate that they're not 100% confident about Ringrose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I can see it now....McGrath and Byrne go for a double-tackle on 15 minutes. Momentum swings them both around for a nasty head clash. Both players leave the field and don't return. Leinster are required to play 65 minutes with Osborne and Frawley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Great team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

All Irish internationals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

The strongest team possible however prayers needed for Luke and Ross to get through the game in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

I just checked, and Frawley did in fact play 79 minutes against the Ospreys on the 19th of March. Not as long ago as I first thought.

Far from ideal but it's a lot better than Hawkshaw or Ringrose covering for Ross.

LA ROCHELLE
    15. Brice Dulin, 14. Dillyn Leyds, 13. Geoffrey Doumayrou, 12. Levani Botia, 11. Raymond Rhule, 10. Ihaia West, 9. Tawera Kerr Barlow, 1. Reda Wardi, 2. Pierre Bourgarit, 3. Uini Atonio, 4. Romain Sazy (c), 5. Will Skelton, 6. Grégory Alldritt, 7. Wiaan Liebenberg, 8. Victor Vito.

Replacements:
    16. Facundo Bosch, 17. Dany Priso, 18. Arthur Joly, 19. Thomas Lavault, 20. Kevin Gourdon, 21. Arthur Retiere, 22. Jules Plisson, 23. Pierre Aguillon.

Quality side

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

fully stocked LAR

that is some back row !! but first time this year theyve played in that arrangement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Gotta feel for HOS. I know he was poor against Munster

Osborne hasn't played in 6 weeks due to injury and has never really been looked at ahead of HOS and he's confirmed off to Munster.

I mean it's clear neither would get on unless Luke drops - but still feel for him

Not sure i agree that he hasnt been looked at ahead of HOS. Its a hard knock but it is the right call i think.

Immense to have Frawley back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

LA ROCHELLE
    15. Brice Dulin, 14. Dillyn Leyds, 13. Geoffrey Doumayrou, 12. Levani Botia, 11. Raymond Rhule, 10. Ihaia West, 9. Tawera Kerr Barlow, 1. Reda Wardi, 2. Pierre Bourgarit, 3. Uini Atonio, 4. Romain Sazy (c), 5. Will Skelton, 6. Grégory Alldritt, 7. Wiaan Liebenberg, 8. Victor Vito.

Replacements:
    16. Facundo Bosch, 17. Dany Priso, 18. Arthur Joly, 19. Thomas Lavault, 20. Kevin Gourdon, 21. Arthur Retiere, 22. Jules Plisson, 23. Pierre Aguillon.

Quality side

I expect the "we have no 10s fit" has been resolved? I dont know La Rochelle, is that the starting 10?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sebdavis wrote: »
    I expect the "we have no 10s fit" has been resolved? I dont know La Rochelle, is that the starting 10?

Yes, and plisson is the reserve

• Advertisement

sebdavis wrote: »

Yep, West and Plisson would be their first and second choices.

Advertisement