Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I can see Glasgow sneaking this one, Its been a long time since I've seen Leinster waste so many opportunities

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Leinster look like a team running on fumes and need a good holiday. They just look so bad.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Another stupid call from Murphy, the maul had formed before the ball was moved back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster had at least two turnover penalties won there and Murphy didn't want to know.

He's gone completely against almost every other referee this season with his interpretation at the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Just the two Glasgow lads sealing off at every ruck. Frank is a disgrace and I say that without even being a Leinster fan.

How long did Porter have hands on there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭irelandrover

razorblunt wrote: »
    Just the two Glasgow lads sealing off at every ruck. Frank is a disgrace and I say that without even being a Leinster fan.

How long did Porter have hands on there?

Porter had his hands on the ground in front before he went onto the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Murphy means that Porter's hands brushed off the grass as he repeatedly attempted to lift the ball then yes, it was hands on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Another stupid call from Murphy, the maul had formed before the ball was moved back

It hadn't. That was awful from Leinster. It was clear obstruction. We've done some really daft stuff tonight. Sure Murphy has been poor, but we have shot ourselves I the foot a good few times.

How was that a penalty against Porter?

Did he go off his feet?

How was that a penalty against Porter?

Did he go off his feet?

Yep. Byrne was holding him up by the waist and then let go. It was bizarre.

• Advertisement

That ball needed to go wide.

Think we had a 4 on 1 overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭hold my beer

That's a ridiculous penalty against us. Should have been against Glasgow for blatantly holding on. And they tried to seal off

Buer wrote: »
    If Murphy means that Porter's hands brushed off the grass as he repeatedly attempted to lift the ball then yes, it was hands on the ground.

He wasn't supporting his weight. Byrne was. Pretty sure his hands went to deck after Byrne let go of him.

EDIT: Thst should be Dooley, not Byrne.

molloyjh wrote: »
    It hadn't. That was awful from Leinster. It was clear obstruction. We've done some really daft stuff tonight. Sure Murphy has been poor, but we have shot ourselves I the foot a good few times.

Glasgow had engaged immediately.

Maul had formed

Great turnover from VDF but that lineout was dead on halfway and it clearly landed at least two feet on Glasgow's side.

Maul had formed

And the ball went to someone who wasn't part of it.

That is utterly appalling from Ross Byrne.

Maul had formed

It was a long transfer. He clearly passed the ball back beyond other guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That’s appalling from Ross Byrne he’s done nothing all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Terrible absolutely terrible by Ross Byrne there and such a cheap penalty to then give away by Leinster

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    And the ball went to someone who wasn't part of it.

Like every hooker who ever joined a maul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Headless from Byrne

Like every hooker who ever joined a maul

Nah, it was as obvious as could be. He had his arms fulls extended as the maul formed and he passed is back over those who bound onto him. The referee had no choice.

Honestly this whole Rainbow Cup has been a bit of a farce. It extended the season beyond where it should have gone and Leinsters players switched off after the Champions Cup defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Sometimes I think you're watching a completely different game than I am

We've been sooooooooo poor.

Nah, it was as obvious as could be. He had his arms fulls extended as the maul formed and he passed is back over those who bound onto him. The referee had no choice.

We'll agree to disagree

It looked bad because the it moved forward immediately, but in my view the maul was created immediately as Glasgow engaged and molony only handed it back one person deep. There was never air between molony hand back and the player reveiving

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Clegg wrote: »
    Honestly this whole Rainbow Cup has been a bit of a farce. It extended the season beyond where it should have gone and Leinsters players switched off after the Champions Cup defeat.

I've really enjoyed it to be honest, most games have been very good

leakyboots wrote: »
    I've really enjoyed it to be honest, most games have been very good

The games have been looser, but not in an entertaining way imo. There's been a drop in precision and standards from the Irish teams especially. Everything has been so sloppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Must be fun for a Leinster fan not knowing the game is in the bag before half time.

Advertisement