Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Add "lineout throwing" to the list of Scott Penney's many talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Those Dragon's jerseys are so awful it almost suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Sloppy final 15 minutes to the half, but a decent performance overall.

Doris the best player on the pitch.

Filth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

forward pass in that move

• Advertisement

Off trot Fardy and Bent.

Two absolute legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I wish Hugo Keenan was just a small bit bigger and a little bit faster. He has an amazing rugby brain,. His positioning and decision making and skill set is excellent. If he had that little extra he'd be world class.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I wish Hugo Keenan was just a small bit bigger and a little bit faster. He has an amazing rugby brain,. His positioning and decision making and skill set is excellent. If he had that little extra he'd be world class.

nothing at all wrong with keenans speed

Doris motm.

Another excellent performance following his return from injury.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Great to be back there tonight.

Now, let's never talk about the Rainbow Cup again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

He’s 6’1 and over 90 kg...not every player needs to be Manu Tuilagi you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

And also being big and fast doesn’t make you world class, it’s being a good rugby player that makes you world class, speed and size just give you some extra ticks.

It's so good to be back

IMG-20210611-195354.jpg

Lovely day for it. Think this is the moment they knock on over the line. They score minutes later.

2vcHpZ0.jpg

The masks with the date was a nice touch.

58C99Ff.jpg

Ronan Kelleher has joined up with the Lions. Not there as an official member of the squad. Looks like he's filling in a spot at hooker while the English domestic season finished up. Still a great experience for him all the same.

https://twitter.com/lionsofficial/status/1404121325959004165?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Makes sense as Cowan Dickie and George are both involved with Premiership/Championship playoffs, leaving only Owens.

They need two full front rows for scrum training. There's actually a chance he might be involved for the Japan game. LCD could be in a premiership final that weekend and George will only have been in camp for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

He should have gone to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Anybody else consider that the fan base for the Fri night was a little contrived? Seems only well turned out southsiders made the cut. Even Leo V was 'lucky' to win a ticket!

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody else consider that the fan base for the Fri night was a little contrived? Seems only well turned out southsiders made the cut. Even Leo V was 'lucky' to win a ticket!

I am delighted to be considered well turned out. I can't speak for everyone but I can confirm I used my inaccessible far reaching influence to get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

degsie wrote: »

Pah! Well this is quite the paradox. How can someone with such a cavalier attitude toward hyphenating multi-word adjectives, be present to judge the composition of a crowd of South Dublin's finest?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Pah! Well this is quite the paradox. How can someone with such a cavalier attitude toward hyphenating multi-word adjectives, be present to judge the composition of a crowd of South Dublin's finest?

My parents would be delighted to be considered part of South Dublins finest I reckon. I mean my dad was a Garda and my mom a stay at home mom until we were all but ready to leave the house. We were broke for most of my time at home. But to now be considered amongst the elite, well thats just dandy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

molloyjh wrote: »
    My parents would be delighted to be considered part of South Dublins finest I reckon. I mean my dad was a Garda and my mom a stay at home mom until we were all but ready to leave the house. We were broke for most of my time at home. But to now be considered amongst the elite, well thats just dandy.

*stay-at-home mom.

Your story checks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Cian Kelleher called up to train with the British Lions, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

il_570xN.1235627761_n6e9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

I think Baird's try at the weekend was the best piece of rugby I've ever seen from a 2nd row.

Every other 2nd row to ever have existed would have put his head down and looked for contact after he made the break. But the way he actually cut back to look for support and then tracked the run on the inside was incredible. If an outside back did that, BT sport would be doing video analysis of it.

The lad's potential is frightening. If he can bring a nasty edge and physicality to his game, he can be the best 2nd row Ireland has ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

TRC10 wrote: »
    I think Baird's try at the weekend was the best piece of rugby I've ever seen from a 2nd row.

Every other 2nd row to ever have existed would have put his head down and looked for contact after he made the break. But the way he actually cut back to look for support and then tracked the run on the inside was incredible. If an outside back did that, BT sport would be doing video analysis of it.

The lad's potential is frightening. If he can bring a nasty edge and physicality to his game, he can be the best 2nd row Ireland has ever had.

Ah, I think it'd be fairly run-of-the-mill for most NZ players. They have good draw and pass skills and read the game well, which allows them to run support lines off the ball-carrier.

But, yeah. Baird does look pretty promising. At the moment he's a perfect fit for bench impact lock for Ireland. Maybe he'd even have been a good pick for the British Lions in that role.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

TRC10 wrote: »

Not sure every second row in the world would take contact.
    https://youtu.be/w_XHGpZgVe4

Dooley, Moloney and Harry Byrne are the uncapped players selected for Ireland's test series this summer.

Luke McGrath misses out on selection, but JGP is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Clegg wrote: »
    Dooley, Moloney and Harry Byrne are the uncapped players selected for Ireland's test series this summer.

Luke McGrath misses out on selection, but JGP is in.

Ross Byrne omitted as well. Struggle to see how Luke will get back into the Ireland team now, hard for him to do much more.

• Advertisement

Get better at passing?

Advertisement