Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

One of the worst halves of rugby Leinster have played all season. Players look **** jaded and flat. They need a serious kick in the hole at the half or the season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭A-Train

Hopefully Leinster turn up in the second half. Not great at all, again the recent point of game smarts is coming into play here, playing exactly into the bulls hand with their gameplan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭blackcard

Leinster have decided not to use their backline at all. Just kick the ball away to a better kicking side. Absolute stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Shehal

I do hope Leinster plan to wake up for the 2nd half, I certainly hope their game plan wasnt to sit back and watch the bulls attack them for 40 minutes, if it is they might as well just go home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

McBryde needs to get the forwards to pull the thumb out, **** mullered in the scrums

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,470 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The lads are completely knackered out there, they're sucking in big ones, which means they can't effect the ruck the way we have all season... Which means they're getting more time to spot where we are narrow out wide.

We need to change that system for situations like this, it's killing us when we can't slow ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Rassie will be rubbing his hands with glee after that display....

The Irish pack has been Bullied all half by a 4th string Springbok pack...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Unsure how we are going to turn this around. We look absolutely out on our feet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Defensive positioning on kicks has been awful, Bulls are finding grass constantly. Our kickers aren't getting close to 50/22s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Need to vary our play somewhat I think. Use the backs a bit more. Have barely seen Ringrose or the wings with the ball in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That last Bulls scrum penalty should have went to Leinster. Bulls prop boring in and then belly flopped to bring the entire thing down.

Drop the two wingers back 5 yards in the defensive line and stop blitzing so hard off the line ffs and take away the cross field option. Force them to try and play around you. How is this difficult?

How many **** times did we blitz up only to have our whole defensive line just turn and watch another cross field kick sail over their heads?

Keep the **** ball and go through the phases and stop handing it back to them time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Shehal

This kicking game the two sides have got themselves into was realistically the only way the Bulls could win this game and sadly it looks like Leinster have allowed themselves to get sucked into it. The only positive is they are only 3 points down so there still hope.

But come on to f**k, they are playing a side who's attacking game plan is kick the ball away and chase after it…if Leinster lose to THAT they need a serious look in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭ersatz

That's alarming, acres of space on the wings in the 22. On the other hand the Bulls are convering everything Leinster are sending back to them. Le Roux is playing very well. Leinster have had a bit of luck but spent very little time in the Bulls 22. Serious competition though, whoever comes out on top will have been though a war. Still lots of ways Leinster can steal this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bulls are bringing an elite-level performance today in terms of physicality. This is top tier Heino level.

They are running hard against the grain on early phases, then going straight to the kick, usually to Larmour's wing. Interesting to see if JN has an adjustment for this; might we see Frawley come on and JOB moved to the right wing?

Leinster are arguably fortunate to be within a score, but I still strangely fancy them to win this if they can stay precise. You saw prior to the Leinster try that Bulls can let mistakes snowball - taking Byrne off the ball costs them a try, then a botched restart after Byrne's missed penalty, then the intentional knock-on for the yellow card. 7-0 to 0-7 in only a few minutes.

They’re exploiting Larmour repeatedly.

To me, it’s farcical that our best back three player isn’t out there because we’ve decided to indulge his desire to go to an Olympics. We could desperately use him out there with JOB in the 14 shirt.

It's an IRFU initiative.

Nothing to be done about it.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

bit more to it than that. The kicking game works for the bulls because their forwards are on top, serious power on show here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭KaneToad

The kick chase that JOB expertly fielded, for a 30m gain, where he had no support and was turned over sums up the Leinster performance.

Bulls, from first half, are deserving of their lead and unlucky not to be further ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Ah jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭A-Train

Terrible just terrible. Crap kick, crap defence.
    The Bulls will pull away now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lonester99

Leinster looking tactically inept

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Ridiculous.

That try came from us getting sucked into yet another kicking battle and losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lonester99

embarrasing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ironingbored

That's that methinks.

Awful kick by Jimmy followed by awful kick by Ross. Disastrous start to second half.

ffs Baird missing a straight up tackle there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jesus wept. Open season on the wings time and again.

Advertisement