Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Only caught the last ten minutes of the game as I was on the road, but it looked absolutely enthralling.

Commiserations to Leinster. Bulls defence looked awesome in the last 10 but I'll try and have a look at the full game tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,233 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Every advantage.

Every resource.

Every opportunity to win.

And they blow it every single time.

A soft underbelly, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭ersatz

Bulls the ones with the Nienbar defence. Poor season for Leinster in the end. I really hope that better coaching in the Ireland set up gets a lot more out of these players in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Shehal

One thing to note, over the past 3 seasons when Leinster have lost the narrative is "the opposition had a gameplan"….when do Leinster ever have a gameplan? They have the Irish NT essentially minus 2-3 yet they can never come up with a game plan for their opposition but the Bulls are able to plan for Leinster…this makes me seriously question the coaches, with the squad they have to go 3 season with no trophy is unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jones 19

Well done Leo ,best club squad maybe in the world and for another year ,yet again ,nothing to show .Neinbar was destroyed the attack

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

the Bulls pack put on an exhibition in forward play today. Their back row was demonic.

unbelievable brute force.

I’m surprised more teams haven’t adopted this kicking game against Leinster, but I think having dominance up front means you can get the kicks away quickly before the defence can rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭A-Train

The team has gone backwards so much it’s crazy. All done by themselves bottled the South Africa matches and even worse against Ulster.
    They truly have earned the tag of bottlers now. Not good enough at all.

Time for Ross Byrne to be moved on. The much vaunted defensive system is rubbish. Ireland are screwed with Goodman moving into attack, absolutely woeful.
    Next season Leo has to deliver a trophy or it’s time to move on with JN.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭letsbefair

Bottled it again, tactics all wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Another season with no silverware. They messed up last year and did the exact same thing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

Non existent no. 10 again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

The ref missed and awful lot for both sides, some really cynical play and that clear out on JGP was outrageous.

However, Leinster this match and their season , all on their own. Zero penetration. Beaten up front and kicking tactics were brainless.

Hiring Nienaber was a mistake in my opinion. We have lost so much creativity and jettisoned everything that was good about how Leinster traditionally play the game.

Post edited by yosser hughes on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Having a solid 10 is not good enough. We need a sensational 10. Can Harry or Sam or Charlie make that grade? I don't think Ross can. No amazing 10 currently in Ireland despite what might be said about Crowley (who tbf is the pick of the bunch currently).

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Leinster won’t win anything with the 10’s in that squad. Awful performance today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The URC semi is just a bridge too far for this side. Far too lacksadaisical about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭corny

Always liked Ross Byrne but that was not his finest hour. He hesitated constantly and passed responsibility for every decision. That's criminal for a 10 at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The only tactic I saw today was to kick the ball over and over. There seems to be little ability to pivot on the spot when things aren't going their way.

I think at this stage, someone needs to be held to account for the constant inability to get over the line. It's just not good enough for a team with those resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster just didn't seem to play to the game in front of them.

Every game the Bulls have lost or were pushed close, the opposition ran them out wide and they found gaps and penalties.

Leinster just didn't do that for 40 minutes. We saw there were opportunities when we actually attacked, but it took us the best part of 50 minutes to actually go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Heroic from the Bulls.....brilliant result for the URC....

Leinster are going backwards and its negatively impacting Ireland in games that matter...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭The Macho Man

I've noticed with the hype around McCarthy since that Fra match his discipline is awful and today was a fine example. Someone really needs to sit him down and tell him its not good enough. Has it all gone to his head?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Astartes

Back to the opulent confines of Carton house to sip coffee with the goys and play a bit of tag.

Whereas the Saffas are somewhere in the bush with the special forces. That's the difference and it bloody shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Wow Jamie looks crestfallen Donners not sparing Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lonester99

Leinster are the current laughing stock of world rugby, all that money, all those players and mentally piss weak

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

he’s been a rubbish player. Always has been always will be. Should be sacked

• Subscribers Posts: 41,470 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Very good point from DOC that this team are not used to winning on the road, and that's a failure of management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Waiting for Leo's interview. " look SA is not an easy place to come. We knew Bulls are a top top side. " or words to that effect. We were totally tactically inept and that's on LEO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭ersatz

Leo has been getting away with murder. The season when he was the main man was the worst season Leinster had, Stu shored it up but once he left it comes back into focus. Today was a car crash, defence was very ordinary and Leinster strung together two or three decent attacks all game. They're now a team waiting for a moment of magic from James Lowe or JOB or Osbourne, otherwise nothing happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

He's not wrong. Something is fundamentally wrong at the club.

I hate this narrative that it was Leinsters fault for losing in SA months ago that they were in this position. They seem utterly unable to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

JGP and Doris were superb as per. They've been stand out performers all year in green and blue.

Sick of saying the same things all the time though. Those lads have been brilliant but come away with nothing. Again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Refreshing to see/hear from DoC. I think his point re resting players in a valid one.

James Ryan seems gutted.

Claire McNamara touched on it there about fighting on 2 fronts. No point fighting on 2 fronts and losing both.

Advertisement