Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just wait until next year where they're 75% off on Lifestyle and pick them up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭hold my beer

That's exactly what I'll be doing. The prices are ridiculous

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Agreed on the pricing and thats what you get when you sign an exclusivity agreement so only one retailer has access to the stock. Anti competitive behaviour really. Supporters have been screwed over, sure the decision makers get free kit so what do they care what prices are charged to Joe soaps.

Am pretty sure LR get a cheque for selling the rights to produce the gear, regardless of what's sold.

Only problem with what you suggest doing, is you have to hope they have your size in stock when they have in a sale. With only one retailer now when they sell out they sell out. Adidas is much bigger than CCC so the production doesn't just start again when supplies are low, once the manufactured stock is gone its pretty much gone.

Again, LSS decide solely when there is a sale on LR gear - nobody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭hold my beer

If they don't have my size when it's discounted then I won't be buying, obviously. I'd never spend 80+ quid on a jersey, even worse 60 quid on a kids one that's half the size.

If Leinster get a cheque no matter what, I'm actually happier. Lifestyle can go jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

Leinster Rugby have confirmed that Aviva Stadium will host the first home game of the United Rugby Championship, as well as the Bank of Ireland Pre-Season Friendly against Harlequins on 10 September (KO 7pm).

Leinster Rugby has over 12,000 Season Ticket Holders, and with stadium capacity at the RDS Arena still a concern ahead of the start of the new season, Leinster Rugby has decided to give clarity to Season Ticket Holders that they will be accommodated for the first home game of the United Rugby Championship at the Aviva Stadium with a 15,000 capacity to be confirmed in the coming weeks.

In addition, Season Ticket Holders will be given an exclusive window to buy a pair of tickets for the Harlequins game, with a buy one, get one free offer in place for Season Ticket Holders only, in recognition of their support for the club over the last 20 months.

Any remaining tickets will be on general sale at €20 for adults and €10 for children.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/early-season-games-to-be-played-at-aviva-stadium/

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,861 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The player version is a different material and generally unsuitable for the more rotund supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

Have Joe Walsh Tours been replaced for Away trips?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Handy....

• Advertisement

Is that accurate? The official email only had confirmed dates up to Jan 7th.

Is from the leagues official Instagram account.

Didn't see the fixtures when they first came out but seems they were missing ones, the website crashed (taken offline presumably) and then they reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

So does that, pretty decent schedule for us getting the bulls first up with us fully loaded and the bok still being in camp.

Leinster Rugby U-19s 19 Connacht 17

Tries: Diarmuid Mangan, Hugh Cooney & Sam Prendergast

15. Henry McErlean (St Michael’s College) / Jed Tormey (Belvedere College) ht.

14. Noah Sheridan (Wicklow RFC)

13. Hugh Cooney (Blackrock College)

12. Darragh Gilbourne (St Mary’s College) / Matthew Lynch (Terenure College) 42 mins

11. Ethan Laing (Blackrock College)

10. Sam Prendergast (Newbridge College, Capt)

9. Oscar Cawley (Naas RFC) / Fintan Gunne (St Michael’s College) 42 mins

1. Adam Duffy (Dundalk RFC) / George Hadden (Gorey RFC) 42 mins.

2. Gus McCarthy (Blackrock College) / Tom Barry (Gonzaga College) 52 mins

3. Patrick McCarthy (Blackrock College) / Ronan Foxe (Tullamore RFC) 52 mins

4.Daniel Leane (St Mary’s College)

5. Diarmuid Mangan (Newbridge College)

6.Dan Carroll (St Michael’s College)

7. Liam Molony (Blackrock College) / Josh O’Hare (Dundalk RFC) 42 mins

8. Matthew Victory (St Michael’s College).

Leinster Rugby U-18 Clubs 24 Connacht 17

Tries: Adam Deay, Oisin Lynch, David Donohue

15.David Donohue (Lansdowne)

14. Aidan Henry (Athy)

13. Charlie Sheridan (Naas)

13. Senan Phelan (St Mary’s College)

11. Jack Sheridan (Naas) / Tom Hodgkinson (Wicklow) 40 mins

10. Tom Larke (Old Wesley)

9. Andrew Doyle (Athy)

1. Oisin Lynch (Boyne) / Jamie Rafferty (Dundalk) 50 mins

2. Niall O’Hanlon (Athy) / Liam Nicholson (Wicklow) 50 mins

3. Adam Deay (Tullow) / Keith Farrell (MU Barnhall) 3 mins

4. James O’Loughlin (Naas, Capt)

5. Eoin Clarke (Cill Dara)

6. Niklas Moelders (Wicklow)

7. Donagh McCarrick (Coolmine) / Sean Whelan (New Ross)ht.

8. Grant Palmer (Wexford Wanderers) / Anrai Poole (Suttonians) 34 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

So could be 75% capacity for outdoor venues from next week and apparently possibly even more in the weeks after, should make the opening game against the bulls a cracker we'll finally have some atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Bulls game is in the Aviva so atmosphere might still not be close to the full whack just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

The atmosphere does tend to fall a bit flat, especially at Leinster games there.

Having said that I've had no live sport in 18 months and would cheer a game of tiddlywinks at the top of my lungs at this stage and I'm sure there'll be a lot of like minded individuals such as myself.

I think it will be electric for the first few games back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

It will good to get back to discussing important rugby matters like the PA announcer at the Aviva, whether people should be allowed to get up and get a beer during the match and are those attending "real" fans or just event junkies. Cant wait!!

🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

As a man with a notoriously small bladder I say let nobody be mad at the guy getting up as it may be a medical condition. Though I can see that arriving back with an armful of beers might suggest otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thats just bad planning !!!

select seats in the middle of the row 😁

Those seats are reserved by the beer run guys!

Tickets for the Harlequins pre season friendly now on sale for €10 to STHs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

If I've heard Michael Martin correctly outdoor events should be allowed to go ahead with 75% capacity. So there should be decent crowds returning to the RDS soon.

I've renewed my season ticket, but I think I'll wait a bit before going back. Still a bit anxious about mixing with big crowds after so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Unless the beers are Harp or Carling's. He may have been filling the bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

I'm getting charged €20 for the buy 1 get 1 free :(

It's poorly worded....was €20 plus the booking fee for my pair too.

The 'normal' price is €20 per ticket.

Think they've fixed the KO time, was saying 3pm but is actually 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Poorly worded ... or deliberately deceptive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I'm a real fan alright.

I dehydrate myself 4 days before a game so I don't have to get up, sit arms crossed silently lamenting why the team isn't playing like the unspecified good old days and in a break in play audibly moaning why thousands of people in my vicinity don't have the same thought processes as me regarding "game day decorum" 😂

Can't wait to get back!!

• Advertisement

€22 for a €10 ticket must be peak ticketb@stard

Advertisement