Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

1102610271028102910301032»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

Is Spicer as big as advertised though? I don't think he is really 6'10

So Ill be interested to see him next to RG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭zetor 4911

I would have though that Soroka was about 6'3 - 6'4 great if he is 6'6 which give him the option of second row as well as back row

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Agree with some of these points. Lukes passing just isn't up to it.

There was one moment where he takes a long ball (possibly off restart) in the 22 and passes to Ross. He's under no pressure, Ross is stood less than 10m from him and he nearly throws it over his head. At any level, at any age, at any position, I would consider this an unacceptable quality pass from a player. Let alone a 9.

The problem was I don't think Foley was moderately stronger in his display either. Quicker pass but still inaccurate.

Clarkson is comfortably the most improved player of the Leinster squad over the last 12 months and credit to him. I actually thought he was hard done by the ref on more than a few occasions. He was giving their looseheads all sorts of issues.

I disagree about McGuire. I wouldn't be starting him in Europe but his contribution off the bench was good. Strong in contact. At one point he was caught behind the gainline and still fought for his feet and got front foot ball. Rear lifted Spicer in the line out which is no easy feat. Scrummed very solidly with what looked like the oppo loosehead egregiously boring in under pressure (standard practise on a scrum against a fresh on TH) ball still came back for Leinster.

Gus came off that game with his stocks higher. Threw extremely well. Stark contrast to Barron who threw absolutely terribly. Technically poor throws every time.

I had a lengthy post over on LF which probably overly honed in on Osborne. But I was so unimpressed with him. He looks like a player devoid of the attitude and hunger to go into that mindset that you need to when things are tough. McErlean looks to be a much hungrier player in this regard. And is a much more dangerous player going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

Soroka has been listed at 6'5 since he was u20.

Id say he might be 6'6 like Deeny and COT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Wow. Full credit to Soroka, he's bulked up to 235kg according to the Leinster site!! Chapeau

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/player/alex-soroka?ref=75d67c4e-db56-4d3c-ae3f-ec722f676d93

Every Leinster players weight stats are grossly inflated and presumably they've inadvertently put their weight in lbs but listed as kgs…

Top job Leinster. Top. Job

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

😂

ah lads….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Spicer is a big lad. I'd guess he's closer to 6'9 and about 130 kg's. For him, it's got to be getting speed and power into him. I don't think he's getting to that level anytime soon. He's a long term project. C.O.T is about the size of Ryan, maybe a bit bulkier.

Deeny is similar in size to Ross Molony. Hopefully, he develops to the same level as Molony. We will need him this season. Snyman is unreliable and a medical nightmare.

Delighted to see Soroka back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

McErlean appears to be a baller! Really exciting prospect. I hope that Osborne develops but I agree that he looks uninterested with the physical side.

Pre season games are just exercises really. Barron is a decent hooker, as is McKee and both are capable players. They're certainly good depth players.

Advertisement