Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Part of the print is the best way, sublimated I believe it’s called. I mentioned the other day my local GAA club were able to get the kids initials sublimated onto summer camp t shirts so there’s no real excuse for Castore not doing it for crests on jerseys the only bit that wasn’t nailed down months ago would have been the number of stars. But again if my local GAA club can get t shirts done in about 2 months each individual, then really Castore should have been able to do the jerseys with it. As should adidas last few years btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Will there be a different jersey for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Yes, we’ve had separate European jerseys for years at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Christ, I can't wait for the pre-season games or anything to get past the annual jersey whinge-fest.

I follow the F1 threads too and they hate the new car livery every year and then next year they whinge that it's not as good as last year.

Let's just assume that we'll get used to the new Jersey and the main aversion to it is the fact that it not what we're used to... yet. Once we get used to it we'll all hate the fact that the deviate from it next year.

Connacht jerseys are out. They're ok! They want with Macron.

Is there any updates on Ronan Foxe? Is he bound for any academy?

• Advertisement

Doris togging out at openside for the greens! Anyone think this could be an option going forward?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Sure, he would be capable of it in the same way that Heaslip would have been. But why? We don't have the squad limitations that Ireland do in the World Cup so there is zero reason to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭conquestscarer

Doris, Baird and Conan if VDF is out next year is a pretty good back row. I think the numbers on the back in the backrow are overrated and if anything he has the best jackalling game in our squad IMO.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,797 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I checked out the Leinster Jersey today in castore in Kildare village. I can confirm that the Castore and Leinster logos are not part of the print, and while not obviously ironed on, I'd worry about how long they will last

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

How much was it there as a matter of interest?

Did they have the full range out there? Strangely SportsDirect of all places (online) is the only retailer that seems to have all the bits.

Was in town last week and building has started on the new Castore store on Grafton Street. Their shop at the Aviva was closed for the Ireland game last weekend.

Very very little. Possibly only one rack, with about 20 adult jerseys, same for kids, and I think I saw some shorts as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

6 Leinster players started v Italy. Just wondering does anyone know when Ireland started with less than 6 from the province?

I think it might be v Georgia in 2020; 4 players (3.Porter, 5.Ryan,7.Connors, 14.Keenan). v Russia at RWC 2019; 5 players (6.Ruddock,9.McGrath, 10.Sexton, 13.Ringrose, 15.Kearney)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I was very encouraged by Joe McCarthy's performance against Italy. His lineout work was good and his carrying excellent. There really isn't a second row like him in Ireland. He's a proper power athlete.

I feel like Leinster missed him especially in the league games towards the end of the season. Not convinced he could have made the difference in the Champions Cup final. But he's still essentially a rookie. Has a massive future in blue and green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭PMC83

Adam Byrne calls it a day, I'd heard rumors about an mls team but I guess rumors is all they were. Wish we'd seen more of him in blue!

plagued with injury unfortunately.

once touted by will greenwood as a lions bolter.

Fantastic player when fully humming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

He also had Dylan Hartley as captain in that team so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Sad to see any player retire early meant to say also.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DelMcG

He was linked with Chicago along with Dave Kearney & Nick McCarthy and it seems he's spent a significant portion of his summer in the States with the two lads and Leinster Legend Noel Reid (to give him his full title). That fact plus the timing of his announcement suggests he either failed a medical or spent the summer training & just couldn't keep up, like Stuart Hogg in his retirement announcement.

As has been said, sad to see a player retire so early, especially one who showed so much promise when he did play & seemed to be blessed with all the physical attributes to make it at the very top. His brother was in a similar situation too: on the books at Everton as a kid, highly thought off but suffered a really bad leg break when he was in the academy & never really recovered. Hopefully he'll be a good sounding board for Adam but by all accounts, both lads are really well adjusted, smart fellas so I imagine they'll do just fine in civilian life 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Cian Healy has confirmed that he will play on for both Leinster and Ireland into the future.

Not sure he'll get selected for Ireland after this RWC although he's probably worth a spot still for the time being based on being a secure scrummager alone given we've very few of those on the loosehead side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've posted the Healy story in the Ireland thread, Buer. Didn't see you'd already posted it here.

I'm delighted Healy is staying on for another season. He's still the best back up loosehead we have in blue or green. There's a bit of a backlog developing behind him though. Milne, Boyle and maybe even Paddy McCarth, if he stays on that side, will all have aspirations of breaking into a Leinster 23.

Amazing for a guy who's career was practically over 8 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭PMC83

Yeah Adam seemed like a top lad, I see on his instragram post when he was announcing he was retiring he mentioned to get in touch re heping out with kids rugby and the like, classy from him- I'm sure his next chapter will go well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I was expecting him to lean into his tight head side this season with him covering there more.

It's extraordinary that he's still going at his age. I am hoping that Milne continues to improve. Loose head is a strong position for Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Such a shame he never got a crack at the Lions. One of the best props of all time imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Agreed. Probably would've been starting loose head for the Lions in 2013 but for injury in the first tour game. Or was it the second. The injuries and the rise of Jack McGrath in 2017. Very unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Crazy thing is he had already broken his leg twice at that stage, he was excellent in 16/17. Apparently he was incredible as an 18 year old when he first broke through, before the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That seems to happen a lot with Castore. There were rumors that Mike Ashley is involved in Castore, something they vehemently deny. Though Sports Direct always seem to get the Castore gear before anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭letsbefair

RDS planning to start building in August 24. So a season in the Aviva

Advertisement