Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soda Stream Limerick

• 10-03-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Does anybody know where to purchase re-fill gas canisters in Limerick?

Argos and Harvey Norman don't seem to have them anymore due to Brexit.

Thanks

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Marty1983 wrote: »

Thanks

M

I am nearly sure i saw refills for this in the COOP in Raheen a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Oh thanks, I was wondering the same thing. I bought 4 cylinders from Sam McCauley online to keep me going as nowhere seems to refill. I'll check the co-op at the weekend.

I see the co-op website has them for €30, no mention of refills. May call in and see what they say.

Oh thanks, I was wondering the same thing. I bought 4 cylinders from Sam McCauley online to keep me going as nowhere seems to refill. I'll check the co-op at the weekend.

I see the co-op website has them for €30, no mention of refills. May call in and see what they say.

I happened to be in there yesterday they had cylinders there on the shelf next to the washing machines section

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

great heads up.

I've four empties to get a refill for - I cant keep buying them at 30e a pop!

mitresize5 wrote: »
    great heads up.

I've four empties to get a refill for - I cant keep buying them at 30e a pop!

I was running around the shop at closing time i never took any notice if they were refills i just spotted the cylinders i hope it is of some help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Would you consider refilling them yourself?
    Hardest part of doing it is sourcing a donor cylinder.
    I picked up a Co2 fire extinguisher from Antifyre and bought a tube and valve via AliExpress.

The newer valve does make refilling a little trickier but still fairly straightforward.
    There's a thread over on food and drink https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057968878/16/#post116488770

Learning to fill your own will save you a fortune.

I checked in the Co-op at the weekend. They will be taking back empties in the next 1-2 weeks they said, as they're just not set up to discount the price at the moment. Didn't say how much would be the discount for returning the empty.

I checked in the Co-op at the weekend. They will be taking back empties in the next 1-2 weeks they said, as they're just not set up to discount the price at the moment. Didn't say how much would be the discount for returning the empty.

€21.95 instead of €29.95

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

jes - a tenner more expensive than the Range for a refill!!

mitresize5 wrote: »
    jes - a tenner more expensive than the Range for a refill!!

The Range are doing refills for €12? That would be great if so.

• Advertisement

The Range are doing refills for €12? That would be great if so.

+1 21.9x is the Sodastream price. How are the Range doing it for 12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Who knows, maybe the soda stream war is about to kick off now that it’s all quiet on the burrito front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭djdunny

Anyone get to confirm availability & price in The Range??

Thanks

M

Just an update on this - The Range havent had stock in at least 6 weeks (based on what I was told at Customer Service)

I picked one up at the weekend in Harvey Normans - 21 euro with the empty tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

Harvey Norman stock them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

They have a soda stream section anyway (was there yesterday)- couldn’t say for certain that they had refills though.

They def do. I got one last Saturday there. They have a box of them at the till so you need to ask for one. Might be worth calling first to confirm they have stock

Advertisement