Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time - houseshare

Options
  • 10-03-2021 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

twomagpies wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have been offered a room in a house share

Deposit to be paid before Friday

Rent to be paid before start of the month

Is there anyway to know they won't f off with my money or do I just have to take that chance? :confused:

Thanks

When is your move in date?

When I moved into houseshares before I paid a "holding" deposit so to speak to remove ad from daft and so that I wouldn't flake and leave them in the lurch and paid balance of rent and rest of the security deposit when I got keys and moved in. Have you physically viewed the room or all virtual?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twomagpies

Browney7 wrote: »
    When is your move in date?

When I moved into houseshares before I paid a "holding" deposit so to speak to remove ad from daft and so that I wouldn't flake and leave them in the lurch and paid balance of rent and rest of the security deposit when I got keys and moved in. Have you physically viewed the room or all virtual?

Move in date April 1st

Yes - viewed in person, met all housemates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭MacDanger

twomagpies wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have been offered a room in a house share

Deposit to be paid before Friday

Rent to be paid before start of the month

Is there anyway to know they won't f off with my money or do I just have to take that chance? :confused:

Thanks

Look at it from their point of view: if you haven't paid anything, how do they know you'll show up on the moving in date? If you didn't they'd be left stuck paying the extra rent. Unless you feel there's something off about them, pay up; you know where they live if anything goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Well, you know where they live for a start!

• Advertisement
Advertisement