Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Burglary/Sexual case

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The brave lady who was the survivor of this is currently on Claire byrne

Extremely impressive and making very good points about how the legal process can be improved for the victim.

How the attacker was still in the country after so many convictions is sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

" has 33 previous convictions across three jurisdictions"

How are we allowing this kind of animal in to the country. We really need to tighten up immigration.

Utter scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Del.Monte wrote: »
    How was this creature at large in Ireland: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/burglar-jailed-for-sexually-assaulting-woman-who-awoke-with-his-hand-on-her-throat-1.4498220

A man with no right to be in the country and a string of convictions in other countries as well as Ireland roaming at large....I despair.

Moroccan national Elghynaoui, who was homeless at the time of these offences, has 33 previous convictions across three jurisdictions. He has 22 Irish convictions for offences such as burglary, possession of a knife and failing to appear in court.

As if we didn't have enough home grown pond life. :mad:

Been saying it years.....

I don't think there is any real screening done when foreign nationals arrive..

Any real proper screening

Horrendous case. The woman was on Claire Byrne

And 10 years?Another absolute disgrace....be out in 6-7 years...our justice system is disgusting. Really is

But you rarely here any TDs really go after it and ask why we are so lenient on utter scum.

Menaces to society need permanent removal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

10 years is a disgrace? I would have said it was harsh, considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

10 years is never 10 years in this country.

Not harsh at all. What would you sentence someone who stuck his fingers in your mam's/daughter's/wife's vagina and also tried to strangle them? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 biobot

And WTF would you be considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Sorry, didn't read the link, thought it was a different case...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭ExoPolitic

How are we allowing this kind of animal in to the country. We really need to tighten up immigration.

Utter scum.

We're part of Europe, not much we can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ExoPolitic wrote: »

One can still be removed and refused entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do you think 10 years for this very violent crime against this woman is harsh?

Or do you mean hard for Ireland's standards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Ah sure he's as Irish as the Irish/ whatabout homegrown scum/ you're racist!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Harsh for burglary and sexual assault in her bed. Are you joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Jesus

Considering what?
    He should be sent back to Morocco the second he's released hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why no photo?

Why wasn't he detained and removed under the 1st removal order.....

That woman could have been killed and has to live with that nightmare forever.....

Absolutely sick and disgusted.

We are not been protected in this country one bit.

ExoPolitic wrote: »

He's from Morocco "He has no immigration status to be in Ireland and a deportation application was submitted by gardaí in January 2018. "

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Brave lady. I hope she damaged the beasts eyes permanently!!

Scummy, dirty waste of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Utter scum.

It's a huge problem, and one that seems to slip under the radar.

2019, the last year for which figures are available, there were 7,170 committals to Irish Prisons. 1,817 were 'non-Irish' which is a little over 25%.
    That's actually a small improvement over the years as it has at times been over 33%

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Normal One wrote: »
    Ah sure he's as Irish as the Irish/ whatabout homegrown scum/ you're racist!!!

Go away

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

I fully expect the Left-Wing Cavalry to arrive soon to defend this guy and paint us all as racists. Just for asking the pertinent questions as to why a Moroccan, with a string of previous convictions and no right to stay here by claiming asylum, should be deported after committing an atrocious crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I fully expect the Left-Wing Cavalry to arrive soon to defend this guy and paint us all as racists. Just for asking the pertinent questions as to why a Moroccan, with a string of previous convictions and no right to stay here by claiming asylum, should be deported after committing an atrocious crime.

No just a few twats posting that there will be left wing people defending him when there isn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

FFs imagine using the horrific attack on this poor woman in an attempt to score cheap political point's.

Article say's he will deported after completing sentence.should be deported now

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

It's a huge problem, and one that seems to slip under the radar.

2019, the last year for which figures are available, there were 7,170 committals to Irish Prisons. 1,817 were 'non-Irish' which is a little over 25%.
    That's actually a small improvement over the years as it has at times been over 33%

I am trying to remember the case from a couple of years back, 13 Pakastani gentlemen were detained in Rosslare, questioned and released/escaped from Garda custody.
    There was a shrug of the shoulders and "ah sure"..
    Now I am not saying they were criminals but WTF?
    We cannot let this happen.
    Clients of mine tried to drive through Switzerland to get to a job in Austria and were turned away. We have to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

On bail so he could apply for asylum ...
    Which he will get along with a very expensive legal team ,the minister of justice should be ashamed for allowing this to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

livia21 wrote: »

Highly unlikely there have been other cases involving asylum seekers and they got to stay after being given international protection

FFs imagine using the horrific attack on this poor woman in an attempt to score cheap political point's.

He, and his taxpayer funded legal team, will almost certainly plead that his human rights will be infringed/life threatened/that he is gay etc and will not be deported.

No just a few twats posting that there will be left wing people defending him when there isn’t

Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

Gatling wrote: »
    Highly unlikely there have been other cases involving asylum seekers and they got to stay after being given international protection

Article say's "He will be bound by deportation order"
    He should be sent back now

Article say's "He will be bound by deportation order"
    He should be sent back now

It can be appealed through a Judicial Review and it almost certainly will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

He said Elghynaoui was a Moroccan national, having left there when he was 16 and moved to Spain where he did odd jobs. He then moved to Brussels, and onto the UK for a number of years before coming to Ireland in 2017.
    Classic. This man is not seeking asylum, he drifting around Europe and committing crime.

Advertisement