Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Burglary/Sexual case

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Welcome to our new posters

• Registered Users Posts: 21,994 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

This is a great example of why we need extreme vetting of immigrants.
    We get way too many as it is, how is Ireland the first port of call for folks fleeing to claim asylum from middle east or africa? Of course, we know these are not genuine asylum cases but cases of economic migration

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Welcome to our new posters

tenor.gif

2017 - arrives in Ireland.

Aug 2017 - appears on Garda pulse system.

Jan 2018 - deportation order submitted by Gardai.

Apr 2018 - in custody on foot of charges and applies for asylum.

Elghynaoui was released from custody on the basis of that application but failed to engage with the process and the application was closed. Another deportation order is currently in place.

July 12th, 2019 - burgles a house

July 17th, 2019 - this assault and a burglary of another house

July 18th, 2019. - in police custody. Hasn’t been free since.

22 convictions in this country.

And the politicians now want to give scumbags like him a house 16 weeks after claiming asylum? **** right off

tenor.gif

That’s really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Attached is a list of Tds email addresses currently in power, please make an effort to let then know how you feel

They want to hear from you! its why they ran!

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/communications/other/2020/2020-07-10_contact-details-tds_en.csv

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ELM327 wrote: »
    This is a great example of why we need extreme vetting of immigrants.
    We get way too many as it is, how is Ireland the first port of call for folks fleeing to claim asylum from middle east or africa? Of course, we know these are not genuine asylum cases but cases of economic migration
    To be fair, it's not only MENA. There are plenty Lithuanians, Polish etc in Irish prisons.
    Of course they are not asylum seekers but common criminals here for the easy pickings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,994 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

biko wrote: »
    To be fair, it's not only MENA. There are plenty Lithuanians, Polish etc in Irish prisons.
    Of course they are not asylum seekers but common criminals here for the easy pickings.
    Yes but they have entitlement to be here, due to EU , same as we have to go there.

We can't tackle that one but we can address the issue of mena.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Vast majority TDs/politicians won't touch this with a barge pole....

Racism written all over it if they were to speak up to even query this chap's history.

It's sadly ironic that this poor woman is a solicitor, and it's legal eagles who fight tooth and nail to keep scum like this on the island...

She actually touched on this in her Una Mulally interview in the Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

livia21 wrote: »
    Article say's "He will be bound by deportation order"
    He should be sent back now

Do you currently know how many deportation order's we have issued ,that have never being enforced it's in the thousands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Del.Monte wrote: »
    How was this creature at large in Ireland: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/burglar-jailed-for-sexually-assaulting-woman-who-awoke-with-his-hand-on-her-throat-1.4498220

A man with no right to be in the country and a string of convictions in other countries as well as Ireland roaming at large....I despair.

Moroccan national Elghynaoui, who was homeless at the time of these offences, has 33 previous convictions across three jurisdictions. He has 22 Irish convictions for offences such as burglary, possession of a knife and failing to appear in court.

As if we didn't have enough home grown pond life. :mad:

Probably walked in through Dublin airport without so much as a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Iirc the egyptian guy in dundalk that went on the stabbing spree was stopped the day before by the cops who ascertained that he was here illegally.
    He was brought to dublin to claim asylum n then sent on his merry way!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/4874876/gardai-ruled-out-terror-links-stabbing-dundalk/amp/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

No just a few twats posting that there will be left wing people defending him when there isn’t

To be fair, lefties wouldn’t defend this appalling crime.

HOWEVER - they don’t condemn it either. And that silence matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I'm shocked this scumbag wasn't an engineer or brain surgeon, shocked I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I read her interview in the IT.
    It was a horrific read. What she was put through.
    She is extremely brave and dignified.

It's getting closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

I am losing all respect for our "justice system". Aside from going easy on offenders with 33 or 73 previous convictions (and enriching lawyers), what does it do again?

ExoPolitic wrote: »
    We're part of Europe, not much we can do about it.

Borders are closed across Europe right now. You cal always deport people under Maastricht. In fact you can deport people for not working. And ban travel. Plenty of U.K. football fans were banned from Europe even when they were in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This judge is a twat.

"He took into account the guilty pleas to the other burglaries and that Elghynaoui will serve his sentence in this country where he has no friends and will have social and cultural difficulties".

The Government tell us nobody is let stay without backround checks so thats a lie, the minute it was found out he had convictions in other EU countries he should have been kicked out not rack up 22 more here.

And before anyone says it yes I know we have Irish rapists and murderers but we shouldnt be importing foreign ones.

It just shows there is no real way of knowing the backround of these economic migrants other than what they themselves decide to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They can do it why not us .,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

They can do it why not us .,.

Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 MadameHussein

Quote from the Irish Times article with the victim:

When the trial began and was reported on, some online commentary that referenced the attacker’s nationality also upset her, "What pained me was people were using my life-changing trauma and piggybacking on my life-changing trauma to further their political agenda of racism and anti-asylum laws and all of that.

I saw a few comments in the Twitter feeds and so on like, 'I wonder what her views were on asylum laws before and after the attack?' Well actually they haven’t changed, they’re exactly the same. I think I understand better than most people what it is to feel unsafe. And a lot of people coming to our shores are fleeing something. They feel unsafe. I understand that, and we should be trying to help them.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sue the state.

He had no right to be here and its up to the government to uphold the law and protect its citizens from people like this.

They didn't by letting him in which he was allowed commit the crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Rezident wrote: »
    I am losing all respect for our "justice system". Aside from going easy on offenders with 33 or 73 previous convictions (and enriching lawyers), what does it do again?

Makes lots and lots of filthy lucre for all involved then spits these scum back out as soon as possible so they can all get paid again, rinse and repeat - 100 convictions? ah sure he had a tough childhood and has learned from his mistakes, let's see if we can get him up to 150 convictions... :mad:

The judiciary are not fit for purpose but no-one will tackle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Quote from the Irish Times article with the victim:

When the trial began and was reported on, some online commentary that referenced the attacker’s nationality also upset her, "What pained me was people were using my life-changing trauma and piggybacking on my life-changing trauma to further their political agenda of racism and anti-asylum laws and all of that.

I saw a few comments in the Twitter feeds and so on like, 'I wonder what her views were on asylum laws before and after the attack?' Well actually they haven’t changed, they’re exactly the same. I think I understand better than most people what it is to feel unsafe. And a lot of people coming to our shores are fleeing something. They feel unsafe. I understand that, and we should be trying to help them.

And now Irish people feel unsafe because borders have been thrown open. That isnt an improvement. If it was just advocates of open borders who suffered as a result of their policies, then perhaps it would be their cross to bear. But it isnt just them. And they've no right to put other people at risk.

sure he'll do his four months in mosney and then onto a two up, two down at a suburb near you summer of 2023!!! f*cking joke!!

Daragh1980 wrote: »

jaysus a clock is right twice a day

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

jaysus a clock is right twice a day

What does that even mean in the context of the comment you quoted?? Seriously?

You haven't even got the damn expression right, it's a stopped clock is right twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Daragh1980 wrote: »

Theyll avoid this thread and wait for the next one they can defend, we all know the usual suspects that are definitely reading this thread but wont respond because they cant bring themselves to call out this criminal because it would be against their love of open borders

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    What does that even mean in the context of the comment you quoted?? Seriously?

You haven't even got the damn expression right, it's a stopped clock is right twice a day.

we had some posters complaining about non existant left posts and when it was pointed out the response was some other ****e that didn't happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Sure ... Roderick o Gorman will be giving him a house within 4 months of getting out with his new ‘own door ‘ legislation foe all asylums and refugees coming down the line

Advertisement