Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Burglary/Sexual case

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Apart from the fact that he should never have been in the country in the first place, this is the bit that I don't get:
    He has no immigration status to be in Ireland and a deportation application was submitted by gardaí in January 2018. He was in custody on foot of charges in April 2018 and applied for asylum.

Elghynaoui was released from custody on the basis of that application but failed to engage with the process and the application was closed. Another deportation order is currently in place.

Why would/should he be released from custody on the basis of that application? Why would/should an application for asylum stop/interfere with whatever process the Gardai/prosecution are engaged in aboout crimes he has already committed?

I don't see any connection between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

we had some posters complaining about non existant left posts and when it was pointed out the response was some other ****e that didn't happen

I still don't see how your failed attempt at using a dismissive expression applies to the point that certain elements of the left are slow to condemn the bad actions of one of their sacred cows.

You talk about ****e that didn't happen, I'll tell you something that did happen, a woman was burgled and sexually assaulted and a perpetrator was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Do you think that an act worthy of condemnation?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    I still don't see how your failed attempt at using a dismissive expression applies to the point that certain elements of the left are slow to condemn the bad actions of one of their sacred cows.

You talk about ****e that didn't happen, I'll tell you something that did happen, a woman was burgled and sexually assaulted and a perpetrator was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Do you think that an act worthy of condemnation?

He should be dumped in the sea to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

He should be dumped in the sea to be fair

Well I'm glad to hear you think so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

"The judge said Elghynaoui bore a high degree of culpability and set a headline sentence of 12 years for the sexual assault and nine years for the burglary"

A high degree? Did he not have the full f*cking degree of culpability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

They can do it why not us .,.

We do. Not fully chartered planes but we regularly deport people directly from Jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Quote from the Irish Times article with the victim:

When the trial began and was reported on, some online commentary that referenced the attacker’s nationality also upset her, "What pained me was people were using my life-changing trauma and piggybacking on my life-changing trauma to further their political agenda of racism and anti-asylum laws and all of that.

I saw a few comments in the Twitter feeds and so on like, 'I wonder what her views were on asylum laws before and after the attack?' Well actually they haven’t changed, they’re exactly the same. I think I understand better than most people what it is to feel unsafe. And a lot of people coming to our shores are fleeing something. They feel unsafe. I understand that, and we should be trying to help them.”

Most of them are economic migrants, real refugees will be glad to ask for help in the first safe country they get to.

All we get are chancers showing up telling BS stories who have passed over every other EU country to come here because we are a soft mark.

And then complain about everything to leftie rags like the IT and The Journal when they are fighting (at taxpayers expense) deportation orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

We do. Not fully chartered planes but we regularly deport people directly from Jail.

Well obviously it's not working properly as he was still here... Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

FG's set policy is to dramatically increase the population of the state. It's too expensive for the average Irish person to raise a family so you can as sure as hell expect many of the third worlds finest to be activity encouraged to make Ireland their home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Tragedy for the young lad.

Missed out on the 'New to the Parish' Sorcha Pollak treatment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement