Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Ivy cuttings rotten

Options
  • 11-03-2021 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭

I took some boston ivy cuttings last summer but none of them rooted and are all rotten now.
    Is now a better time of year to take them?, I was disappointed that they didn't take, in the past i've taken cuttings from other plants the same way (hardwood, left a couple of leafs on, covered pot in clear plastic bag to keep moisture in, didnt put into direct sunlight).

Anyone any recommendations on this, wrong time of year, wrong way to root them?, or just bite the bullet and buy a plant!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭blackbox

You're more likely to have success by layering them rather than taking cuttings. If you start now you should have plants ready to separate for next winter.

Advertisement