Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will taking out a loan in Ireland be seen in a credit check by a UK bank? (Mortgage)

• 11-03-2021 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi,

Need to take out a loan to buy a new car, had to sell the old one on this week.

I've bought a property in NI through a UK bank (HSBC), all is good, but contracts not signed yet, and drawdown not expected for another 6 weeks or so.

I'm not taking the chance of taking out any loans or anything in UK/NI in case HSBC would come back at the last minute and refuse the mortgage based on affordability.

I can well afford the car and the home repayments, no issue there, banks don't see it like that though I'm aware.

Can I take out a loan with my AIB/PTSB accounts in Ireland where I live at the minute, without it showing up in UK Credit check?
    Or is there no guarantee that a loan in Ireland wouldn't show up for them.....

Loan amount would be about €15K euros.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

I can't speak for currently as things might have changed but certainly in 2019 they didn't show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

After looking at the lowest interest rates available for personal loans I might just wait it out until all dealings are done.

Can get 2.9% personal loans from Tesco Bank UK, and 3% from Santander.

Lowest in Ireland here looks to be 6.3% - typical. :D :rolleyes:

Advertisement