Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New role - Probation period

Options
2»

Comments

McGiver wrote: »
    So while the statutory pay-off is covered (all existing years of service to date are counted), if the amended contract was terminated during the probation there's no going back to the previous role, nothing in the contract on that whatsoever.

Unlike the civil service people claimed here. That's maybe the practice in civil service :)

So this is private sector then, as I thought from the outset- many companies get you to do the role for maybe up 6 months, before promoting you but you're paid current wages- then promoted after proving you can do the role- I've heard of that and it's not as bad an idea as people might think, especially if the promotion is significant from a monetary perspective- but if you've interviewed and were successful for this different role, sorry but like, I'd be worried if I were then told I'm "on probation"- it's a recipe for managing you out of the company if things don't work out.

Advertisement