Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fradulent charge on cc card

• 11-03-2021 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi all,

I discovered a charge on my credit card today for Eir mobile for €199 that I definitely didn't do. We're not even with Eir. The transaction details said EIR Mobile R6.

I rang my cc company and they said they'll cancel my card and refund the charge pending a fraud investigation with Eir. They told me it was an online transaction.

Has this happened to anyone before?

It's annoying as i'm without a cc card aswell for 7-10 days. Guess that will curb my spending online a while.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Who has access to your card? Have you the details stored anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Just myself, and my husband but he has his own card from same cc company so he wouldn't use mine and he'd ask first if he wanted to.

Yes the details are stored on my Parcel motel account online and possibly other retailers sites however you usually need the authenication swipe security etc on your phone for any transactions. I tend to use paypal mostly if its an option though.

I'm with PTSB. Thanks

Advertisement