Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

logitech harmony elite and/or amazon fire cube

Options
  • 11-03-2021 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

refurbished fire cube is on sale at £64 on Amazon.

I already have a logitech harmony elite, which is working fine and i don't use voice control on it.

tv + onkyo receiver + sky q + firestick hd + xbox is what i currently have.

I nearly bought the cube today, but i'm struggling to see what difference it would make.

anyone have both the elite and the cube?

is there any advantage the cube would offer over the firestick hd, which i could move to another TV in another room....

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I don't have the cube, but I do have the firestick HD and had a Harmony Elite.

I don't think the cube would be a good replacement for your harmony. Voice simply sucks as a way to control a TV, I feel you really need the physical remote most of the time.

I tried voice control of the TV using the Harmony via Google Home and Alexa, but it was just a pain. It is far too slow to constantly say, Alexa, increase Volume, Alexa, change channel, etc. Just not a good experience and I don't see the cube being any different.

The only advantage of the Cube over the Firestick is that it is also an echo speaker and you can use it as that.

Maybe the Cube would work well on the TV in the other room, if it was a simpler setup. Our you could use the Cube in the living room, but still use the Harmony Elite there too, moving the Firestick to the other room.

I suppose the question is do you also want an Echo speaker and is this a good enough alternative to one of the other Echo speakers. Is sound quality of the speaker important or not?

Advertisement