Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from uk to irealnd to teach maths

Options
  • 11-03-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi all!
    I thought I'd post here to ask for advice for a friend.
    They're currently teaching maths in the uk (secondary schools) having transferred from their main degree (physical education).
    What would be the prospects in them getting a job here in Ireland? And what would be the best way to get accredited to teach?
    Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Are they qualified to teach maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Are they qualified to teach maths?
    Now this is not my area, but they completed a maths teaching course in the UK and are currently teaching seconday level maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jam17032010

Now this is not my area, but they completed a maths teaching course in the UK and are currently teaching seconday level maths.

They should probably registwr with the Teaching Council first (*washes mouth out) to see if their qualifications are acceptable here.

Once they are satisfied then there will be no ptoblem. The job prospects vary depending on the part of the country they want to move to.

Advertisement