Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting question/recomendations

Options
  • 12-03-2021 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm currently hosting 25 websites with a company( i won't name for obvious reasons) and i find them too expensive and sites are very slow what is my best options for hosting companies to move too i'd prefer to use a Irish company if possible someone easy to ring.

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The forum's charter prevents us from answering your question.
    11. Discussion or recommendation of web hosting companies, or the packages offered by various web hosts is not permitted on boards.ie owing to a long, long history of these types of threads not working. This is non-negotiable.

Since many of these hosting providers also provide domain registration services, discussion or recommendation of these providers is also banned.

The same charter does include a list of hosting providers though it hasn't been updated in over 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dpforce

Most cost effective solution is to host in UK. These days the difference in speed between UK and Ireland is few ms only.
    From decent reseller hosts using NVMe storage to low cost VPS servers with runcloud or serverpilot software layer on top of to manage it.
    But if shared hosting is all you need -almost any of market leaders with physical servers in Ireland is a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

For GDPR, I recommend hosting in an EU country rather than the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

mcg123 wrote: »
    I'm currently hosting 25 websites with a company( i won't name for obvious reasons) and i find them too expensive and sites are very slow what is my best options for hosting companies to move too i'd prefer to use a Irish company if possible someone easy to ring.

Thanks in advance

I would recommend getting VPS and full control of how many website to host etc There some good priced (EU) German VPS companies.

Advertisement