Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller funeral in Carrick on Shannon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

No that was a wedding I think, pretty sure not 'essential', not a bother on them at all. Why isn't the priest arrested for facilitating it?

https://twitter.com/MarkDuf41105249/status/1370428192176148482

and a marquee set up with 16 tables as well for the afters,ive seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Don't forget it's society's fault when these clowns end up getting covid

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You are right that the politicians and media would crucify the Gardai if they went in with battons and arrested 100 of them.

But you know what, the Gardai would have my support and the support of most law abiding people in this country if they did that every time the travellers thought they could ride roughshod over the laws of the country.

The Guards were able to break up a funeral of a man linked to the Kinahan cartel.

To enforce the law at this funeral would have required hundreds of officers in riot gear and at that it would have been a pitched battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Danzy wrote: »
    The Guards were able to break up a funeral of a man linked to the Kinahan cartel.

To enforce the law at this funeral would have required hundreds of officers in riot gear and at that it would have been a pitched battle.

Bear with me here, but it may have been possible to stop them coming in their cars at some kind of Garda traffic checkpoint. It's not as if they'll be driving inconspicuous cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yep, well that's what's needed so.

It shouldn't be the case that travellers or anybody else knows that they can ignore the laws of the land if they are in a big enough group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Yep, well that's what's needed so.

It shouldn't be the case that travellers or anybody else knows that they can ignore the laws of the land if they are in a big enough group.

I'm all for it but all the modern left and woke class would burn the Guards to the ground for it.

That's the only reason they are exempt.

We all have to pretend a lad called Paddy McDonagh etc is if an ethnic minority

When you enforce that crap, everything else has to slide..

I'm all for it but all the modern left and woke class would burn the Guards to the ground for it.

That's the only reason they are exempt.

We all have to pretend a lad called Paddy McDonagh etc is if an ethnic minority

When you enforce that crap, everything else has to slide..

There's more right minded people on this island than there are leftists and modern woke gobsh1tes. It's just that those clowns make more noise than the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

If the garda had intervened the travs might have kicked off nationwide. Unfortunately it was probably the right thing to do to leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If the garda had intervened the travs might have kicked off nationwide. Unfortunately it was probably the right thing to do to leave it alone.

This is why they get away with their behaviour,just let them do it in case attitude.

And that is why they get away with the sh1t they pull. Nobody brave enough to tackle them.

The nettle will have to be grabbed at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

and a marquee set up with 16 tables as well for the afters,ive seen it

Look at the video, the show of wealth is plain to see, the jeep pulling in is easily 60keur + Bet the registered owner cant produce a payslip nor tax return to show means if income. Same with those funding the hire cars, horse and carriage and everything else. The family will boast of it cost them 1000s to host the wedding.

And here we are like fools working 9-5 or those unfortunate to be on PuP while these ****ers laugh at us and sure whos going to speak up..theyll be destroyed in the media and online in minutes for being 'racist'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

woejus wrote: »
    Bear with me here, but it may have been possible to stop them coming in their cars at some kind of Garda traffic checkpoint. It's not as if they'll be driving inconspicuous cars.
    Fat chance there Woejus. At the height of the first lockdown last year when the Gardai were enforcing it far more and the traffic volume was the lowest I've ever experienced, a convoy of Travellers came from the UK with their caravans drove the length of the country and set up an illegal camp on government land in the Curragh Co Kildare and they weren't stopped. At the same time I was regularly going through checkpoints(legally as part of work), stopped, asked what was what and let through, while seeing others turned around. But a convoy of Travellers? Nada. They had to have gone through several checkpoints before they set up camp. I had driven the Naas road on a couple of occasions around that time and passed through at least two checkpoints.

The will simply isn't there on the part of the Gardai and tbh I can 100% understand why as they know hang well nothing will come of it, they won't be backed up by the judiciary and political class and will only face more hassle, threats to them and even accusations of heavy handedness. A far as criminal activity goes in this country it's an absolute joke and not just with regard to Travellers.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

my uncle died of covid. flown back from London. lead casket sealed.
    8 at funeral. sitting outside in car watching online mass. Home after.
    very upsetting.
    Oh no though different rules here. it wud make you sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭billyhead

If this was happening in Russia or China we know full well what way the authorities would handle it. It's too pc over here. One law for them and another for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wait till they get it and they'll all be in the hospital.

The whole extended family in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How are UK ones getting in and not quarantining?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Bosses can go and do what they like.

Can't question them or you're a racist

These are the questions that need to be asked to our elected representatives...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think stop their social dole pay, impound their vehicles, high fines

• Advertisement

Boss I can't be doing without me van.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

If all you want to do is drag the thread off topic and bash An Garda Siochana then it's probably best neither of you post in this thread anymore.

Can we all stay on topic please.
    Agree. I have travelled the world and worked in most continents. We have a wonderful police force. One of my best friends is a Superintendent and he’s a credit to the force

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Boss I can't be doing without me van.

Need it for work....

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Iguarantee

billyhead wrote: »
    If this was happening in Russia or China we know full well what way the authorities would handle it. It's too pc over here. One law for them and another for the rest.

What happens if that type of Russian of Chinese policing was applied to you or your family?

You have a point in that the police here are relatively powerless in dealing with travellers doing things like the OP mentioned, but heavy handed policing, while seemingly justifiable in extreme situations, can also be applied in the wrong situations e.g. many officer involved shootings of unarmed civilians in the US or even our own scenarios where Gardai assault an cell inmate as happened a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

We can complain all we like on here but banging an email to your local tds is the only way

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/communications/other/2020/2020-07-10_contact-details-tds_en.csv

Nothing changes until you force change

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Should do...but not a chance. If anyone even tried we would have Pavee Point going from mealy mouth mumbling and fervently avoiding eye contact like on the news today to full on fire & brimstone about how its racist and de poooour peaple need the money! And just as many journalists (who have probably wrote several opinion pieces on how lockdown is necessary and folks need to stay home no matter what and how to deal with it) would be shrieking about how cruel and vindictive and racist it all is and it being the first steps to the rise of the far-right or the Gov is now a Nazi regime. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We can complain all we like on here but banging an email to your local tds is the only way

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/communications/other/2020/2020-07-10_contact-details-tds_en.csv

Nothing changes until you force change

Absolutely agree, this wokeism has gone too far now. The media, the establishment and the Gov are together in suppressing discussion about it. Time to fight back, big time.

I sent off my email a few hours ago, it was cathartic. See my post above if you wish!

Absolutely agree, this wokeism has gone too far now. The media, the establishment and the Gov are together in suppressing discussion about it. Time to fight back, big time.

I sent off my email a few hours ago, it was cathartic. See my post above if you wish!

Im doing the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Just emailed my local tds there

In fairness ive sent a couple of emails and received responses so it can work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

same. emailed a good few friends. I have had enough

Advertisement