Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Stones has salvaged something from the gameday
    Now reliant on my 2nd sub Shaw and VC Son to stay in contention

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭Xander10

Vydra and his 5 subbing in for Gundog is a nice surprise.

Think the City assets in general will have to go. I’ve Ederson and Dias too which I think are worth keeping but Gundogan might be more rotation risk going forward.

Big one tomorrow with Kane (C)

I wonder might he have been on penalties if Aguero wasn't on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

26 (including Cancelo's three BPs) with captaincy swapping from KDB over to Kane. Lowton one point off the bench. Fella I am chasing in my ML has Aguero captain, but is decimated with non-playing starters anyway so hopefully I will dart up the table :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

wonski wrote: »
    Sold Stones but no regrets...

Can't have him playing one week and not playing following week.

Yep did the same and couldn't believe he scored. But you're right, far too much of a risk holding onto him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Couldn't you get away with it with a defender though ? As they are not subbed on/off often? Half decent first sub and you would be grand?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Couldn't you get away with it with a defender though ? As they are not subbed on/off often? Half decent first sub and you would be grand?

Before the game tonight, city hadn't kept a CS in the last 4, so you have a player who is high risk of rotation in a team conceding goals, who will miss two GW's coming up, the idea of having a sub player is grand, but most people have 3 city players. You see it every week, some have 0/3 playing, 1/3, 2/3, others 3/3, but very few have 3/3 every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I have Ederson anyway.

Didn't expect him to score that many.

Served me well ;)

Xander10 wrote: »

I think DeBruyne is ahead of Gundogan.

Unless you meant Ederson?
    This story of Ederson taking penalties I won't believe until I see it.

I think DeBruyne is ahead of Gundogan.

Unless you meant Ederson?
    This story of Ederson taking penalties I won't believe until I see it.

Ah jayus, don't annoy me having had KDB C and Gundogan VC is painful enough.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Traore injured
    Bamford injured

And I transferred out Cancelo this week as part of my plans for GW29. It just gets better and better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭Xander10

"a straight red card for Stones

would save my week"

I posted the above comment, which I thought was just something light hearted.

However, Wonski took offense to it, which resulted in me being carded by a Mod also.

I wish to apologise for any offence caused to both.

would save my week"

However, Wonski took offense to it, which resulted in me being carded by a Mod also.

So you got an imaginary card on a website. In Ireland. Wishing an imaginary red card on a professional football in another country.

It is nice to see the world has it's priorities right! :D
    Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Typical after selling cancelo this week. 19(-4) so far, need a big show from Kane (C) tomorrow.

Tbh cancelo does not return or start enough tho, outside of the clean sheet. I think I had him from the week after his 17 points, and I'm sure that is his first haul since then off top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So you got an imaginary card on a website. In Ireland. Wishing an imaginary red card on a professional football in another country.

It is nice to see the world has it's priorities right! :D
    Madness.

Now now, this is an imaginary game after all.

would save my week"

It's OK.

Regular updates on the matches are posted here and it gets confusing when jokes like that appear.

I didn't get offended just so you know ;)

And I did not ask for you to get a card either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

would save my week"

MOD: Because you are relatively new here, I’ll explain the situation.

You were not given a warning for your initial comment (although if you were more experience here, you probably would have). You were given a warning for a personal insult towards another user.

Regarding your initial comment which intimated that Stones had just received a straight red, I appreciate your apology. Fake shouts are basically posts that directly or indirectly suggest that something has happened in a game when it did not. For example, a red card or a goal. It’s not appreciated by other posters, as indicated by the half dozen reports the mods received.

Nothing Wonski did got you carded. Your comment got you carded.

In future, don’t post fake shouts. Also, if you have an issue with another person’s post, please use the report function.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's kinda working for Stones owners though.

Each time he doesn't play, City concede. Every time Dias scores, so does Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Cancelo is my next available sub so would be happy for Kane to miss out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's kinda working for Stones owners though.

Each time he doesn't play, City concede. Every time Dias scores, so does Stones.

They rarely sub on too which is another advantage, you just need to make sure you've a strong bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Treat your mother on this special day by sitting down together to watch Southampton vs. Brighton live and free to air on BBC1 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Southampton — Forster; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Armstrong, Diallo, Ward-Prowse(C), Minamino; Tella, Adams.

Brighton — Sánchez; Veltman, White, Dunk(C), Burn; Groß, Bissouma, Trossard, Lallana; Welbeck, Maupay.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Forster and McCarthy look like they’re taking every second game now for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Forster and McCarthy look like they’re taking every second game now for some reason.

Wonder was manager told to make decision ahead of next season - offload one of them maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

To f*ck with me specifically. That's the reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

To f*ck with me specifically. That's the reason!

As good a reason as any :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dunk goal

A week too early dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Dunk goal

A week too early dammit

Yessssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Good start for my 2 week Pascal punt, keep em coming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Southampton — Forster; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Armstrong, Diallo, Ward-Prowse(C), Minamino; Tella, Adams.

Brighton — Sánchez; Veltman, White, Dunk(C), Burn; Groß, Bissouma, Trossard, Lallana; Welbeck, Maupay.

I had McCarthy to start so happy days meslier will sub in for 11 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dunk goal

A week too early dammit

Not for me. Slam!

Advertisement