Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yellow for Reguilion

Odegaard goal (Tierney)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Odegaard goal (Tierney)

I think I am definitely getting Tierney and starting him now, in the FH

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think I am definitely getting Tierney and starting him now, in the FH

Really don't see them keeping a cleanie though so you'll be relying on attacking returns.

Odegaard is only 0.1%
    Tierney 4.7%

• Advertisement

Really don't see them keeping a cleanie though so you'll be relying on attacking returns.

Yeah, you are probably right.

Saka, Aubameyang are the other options.
    Who knows Aubameyang's enforced rest could do him good.

Saka off, Pepe on

that's annoying for some next week

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Saka, Son, Reguillon and Kane (c) for me.

Gw29 team beginning to look more decimated! Let’s hope for a better 2nd half.

I'm using my free hit, and if Son is out, and Auba looks a rotation risk, its going to be incredibly difficult to spend my full budget.

Saka off, Pepe on

that's annoying for some next week

Arsenal are heading towards an avoid for me now. Think I'd prefer double or triple West Ham only in that fixture.

• Advertisement

Auba warming up

CSF wrote: »
    That 6/7 players you mention is still worth about 15 points at worst. If a couple of things go your way it’s easily a 30-40 point gain.

And a large percentage of 29 FHers will have wildcard in hand to plan for future weeks anyway.

Leeds v Fulham - Dallas, Raphaine are probably the only two you'd want

Brighton v Newcastle - both teams leaking goals - and neither really got any attacker worth getting. So you'd probably be hoping for 0-0.

Villa v Spurs - Most have villa defence, and most have spurs attacking coverage - so major conflict there - Bale/Kane/Waktins/Loris/Konsa perhaps?

West Ham v Arsenal - Lingard, Cresswell, Saka, Tierney? Ideally probably want PEA but who knows if he'll play.

All in all, while FH might seem like a good chip to use, your basically banking on Brighton/Newcastle being 0-0 to make major gains as most other players you want will be in your team or rivals team already.

Of course it depends on how many players you have etc. But if you have 6/7 - I think it's worth a -4 instead of using FH

Bale off pre 60, Sissoko on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bale coming off pre 60, Sissoko on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Wonder if it is viable to wildcard into 29 for future weeks. Had myself at 7 players thru a bit of work, looks like 5 now.

But at end of day, we make so much of these weeks. Minus 4 and chance that Bamford plays might be my way out. At the end of day it's just bad luck. Decisions were good.

wonski wrote: »
    Bale coming off pre 60, Sissoko on.

Another point lost.

Ali on, Ndombele off

Ndombele off, Dele on.

Penalty to Arsenal

Yellow for Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Arsenal pen

• Advertisement

Penalty to Arsenal.

Will be checked by var.

wonski wrote: »
    Penalty to Arsenal.

Will be checked by var.

Given

Sanchez booked.

Penalty stands.

Lacca(Lacca)

Lacazette goal

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This reminds me of GW1.

Spurs were beyond diabolical against Everton. I sold Son after what I saw, in what set the tone for the season, as he and Kane ripped FPL up for the next while.

I fully expect Spurs to go nuts next week, despite this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Would be interested to know how many times Kane has touched the ball thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Leeds v Fulham - Dallas, Raphaine are probably the only two you'd want

Brighton v Newcastle - both teams leaking goals - and neither really got any attacker worth getting. So you'd probably be hoping for 0-0.

Villa v Spurs - Most have villa defence, and most have spurs attacking coverage - so major conflict there - Bale/Kane/Waktins/Loris/Konsa perhaps?

West Ham v Arsenal - Lingard, Cresswell, Saka, Tierney? Ideally probably want PEA but who knows if he'll play.

All in all, while FH might seem like a good chip to use, your basically banking on Brighton/Newcastle being 0-0 to make major gains as most other players you want will be in your team or rivals team already.

Of course it depends on how many players you have etc. But if you have 6/7 - I think it's worth a -4 instead of using FH

But to get to 6/7 you had to strategise that way. It doesn’t happen by chance. I will treble up on Brighton against Newcastle and hope I can get 18+ points out of it. If it doesn’t work, that’s fine. I consider my ability to have been able to choose from the whole pool of players for the last 5/6 gameweeks to be another part of the advantage gained.

If I’d looked at the gameweeks and decided that I wanted a load of the players who’ve got games in 29 I’d have gone that way instead. Getting rid of Raphinha and Bamford post their double hasn’t been punished, I’d be able to consider all of that a success if Kane hadn’t slaughtered me last week.

But last week was my only red arrow (and this week will be a nice green also unless Kane punishes me in last 25 mins) so I can’t complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would be interested to know how many times Kane has touched the ball thus far.

Very few Id say, he hasnt been in the game at all. Son going off injured doesnt help him either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

This has been another sh1t weekend.

Advertisement