Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Match Day thread

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Coady caught him with his knee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    This one looked in the bracket of ones that was close enough to me that it would have been hard for the lino to be 100% certain about in real time.

With the benefit of hindsight, we can look it completely differently, but I think only one of Salah’s feet was offside.

Didn't think that it was that close but maybe you're right. Definitely don't think it should be mandatory though, fine if it's a tight call.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

All over, bonus?

Trent 3
    Kabak 2
    Allison 1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Didn't think that it was that close but maybe you're right. Definitely don't think it should be mandatory though, fine if it's a tight call.

If the lino feels certain about it, he should put the flag up. If he is merely confident, but not certain he should leave it down and let VAR do it’s thing.

Many of the same complaining will be ranting just as much if the lino puts the flag up and gets one wrong, and a game changing goal is disallowed.

Largely people just want to moan about VAR and this is another opportunity to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I thought one of KdB and Gundog wouldnt start but didnt expect both not to. Annoyed now as was almost going to pull the trigger on Gundog to Jota who will almost certainly start v Wolves and looks to be in good form, have a feeling Ill regret not doing it by Monday night

Monday night and the regret is here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Happy enough with that even though I had no one playing fell 100k places with a score of 33 including subs.
    It could have been much worse.

That Traore fella would be winning Ballon D'or's if he knew where he was running, Plus was able to put his head up now and again. Once he starts running the opposition can't do a thing.

It is like watching a blind tank driver or something.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

64 all out

Monday night and the regret is here

Well you didn't captain KDB and VC Gundogan did ya?

Like some eejit of a poster who shall remain nameless... :D

paulie21 wrote: »
    64 all out

Ah feck off that is about 20 plus above the top 1k average. Must have rocketed up the OR?

My gameweek rank is 6.3m! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Hits and planning ahead.....some work some fail.

So 2 weeks ago took a 8 pt hit, Keane, Martinez and Watkins in for a total of 36 pts v 2 for the transfered out lads.

This week, planning ahead to next week and getting a bit sick of Pep, took a 4 pt hit, TAA, Cancelo and DCL out v Kane, Coufal and Burn in, 27 v 5(4) and Burn injured.....dropped from 300k to 525k last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

39 all out.

Ederson, Dias, DCL and the main man Vydra with the goods.

Another red arrow and a headache ahead of DGW 29.

FPL killing me recently. Will be 180k OR in the am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

49 all out...another grey arrow looming I'd say before the big red ahead of me next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

51 predicted to give a small green arrow to 436,000'ish. With three players going off early injured with 1point and captain Kane blank have to be HEWT.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

49 keeps me in pretty much the same spot I started the week in.

25k.

Well you didn't captain KDB and VC Gundogan did ya?

Like some eejit of a poster who shall remain nameless... :D

No captained Kane, dont think anyones captain performed this week. Just annoyed with myself that after watching Jota play superb v Leipzig I didnt go with my heart and get him in, he should have scored twice that night and it was obvious his sharpness is nearly fully back. And then Gundog not starting twists the knife too, I see him as too much a rotation risk to hold so I should have done it this week. Have Raphinha off the bench for 3 so not a total disaster but I could have done with Jotas points to keep level with a rival in a ML, am 7 points behind now because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

50 . Probably keeps me in top 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Claim the Kabak CS & bonus.

51 all out with my major Man City fail and Michael Keane being VC coming in as C.

onto the FH 29 we go and a big head start over rivals. The big week to change it all back in my favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭touts

50 and pretty much where I started the game week. Just have to limp through the next 7 days and hope Son and Bamford come back to give me 8 players. Then wild card for 30. Too much expensive dead weight Salah, Son, Gungdan McCarthy, Mee DCL. All have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Thinking about the concussion sub.....
    We often say something like 'City have made their 3rd change, so Gundogan stays on bench'.
    But now two or three times a season that's not actually going to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

47 drops me down 6k to 161k.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

45 points and a drop of 1k to 7k.

Salah has disappointed yet again and it’s either him or Gundogan for the chop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

52 sees a 2k rise to 23k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

45 points and a drop of 1k to 7k.

Salah has disappointed yet again and it’s either him or Gundogan for the chop now.

Salah surely. Gundogan is still returning when he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Salah surely. Gundogan is still returning when he plays.

Yeah more than likely Salah will be the one to make way alright.

Gundogan still represents decent value although with City having the league wrapped up and now focusing their attention on the other competitions I wonder how many starts is he going to get from here until GW38.

Of Citys last games to GW38 Id say Gundo will play somewhere between half and three quarters. Their fixtures really clog up now with CL, FA Cup and the League Cup final. Assuming they get beyond Monchengladbach they are looking at two games every 6-10 days. The chances of seeing both Gundog and KdB start in the PL together have gone down a lot too as we saw last weekend v Fulham. Pep wants those four trophies and with the PL all but wrapped up this is a serious opportunity to do it.

Of Citys last games to GW38 Id say Gundo will play somewhere between half and three quarters. Their fixtures really clog up now with CL, FA Cup and the League Cup final. Assuming they get beyond Monchengladbach they are looking at two games every 6-10 days. The chances of seeing both Gundog and KdB start in the PL together have gone down a lot too as we saw last weekend v Fulham. Pep wants those four trophies and with the PL all but wrapped up this is a serious opportunity to do it.

Yeah think I'll be moving KDB on, can't afford an 11.5m rotation risk. I'll downgrade and put the funds into getting Vardy for his nice fixtures 32-35

Yeah Im gonna have to think about KdB myself, I dont currently own Bruno and KdB being rotated will burn me eventually over Bruno starting games. Got away with it somewhat last weekend with Bruno only getting 3 points but I cant count on getting away with it every week.

City have Leicester away and then an attractive fixture at home to Leeds in 31 but it is sandwiched in between the two legs of the CL quarter finals so think it might be time to consider losing both KdB and Gundog for players that are going to start week in week out.

Advertisement