Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

dahat wrote: »
    Rudiger has been solid for a budget price last few weeks, I’m wondering is a Chelsea def double something to consider.

Just looking at their fixtures and it’s a nice run up to GW34. Time to ditch double city defence for double Chelsea maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The week we want Pep Roulette to get Dallas off the bench and it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

The week we want Pep Roulette to get Dallas off the bench and it won't happen.

Ive Bamford 1st sub and 3 City players on, tense couple of hours ahead of Peps team being posted.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dahat wrote: »
    Rudiger has been solid for a budget price last few weeks, I’m wondering is a Chelsea def double something to consider.

I'm thinking of cashing in on Martinez and selling him for Mendy. Tough fixtures for Villa after GW30 until season end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Palace 0-0 West Brom is my prediction. I have no players in it. No reason to watch it, thankfully.

Only bit of note will be the the pre match I think.

Zaha (fair play to him imo) refuses to take the knee because he said it is degrading. So he just stood there. I agree with him and often wondered if some players felt the same.

I wonder will that taking a knee farce continue much longer? It has lost its impact ages ago.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Can't agree with that. He'd be the first to have a pop if a white player refused to take a knee. Extremely unlikable footballer, always the victim.

James McClean refuses to wear a poppy - gets dogs abuse. Zaha gets heaped with praise.

All this stuff has no place in football anyway, IMO.

Anyway, back to FPL, I own no one in this game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I was benching either Dallas or Blankford
    Of course I benched Dallas :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Still not over that Newcastle goal

Its really stinging more today as I have Mendy on the bench with 9 points

Lundstram wrote: »
    All this stuff has no place in football anyway, IMO.
    :D

How do you work that out? Players are regularly racially abused, it's a societal issue that has always impacted football. Anyway, not the place for this discussion.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Anyway, back to FPL, I own no one in this game. :D

I wonder will be anyone who has a Palace or West Brom player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Very annoying that Struikj was on red before deadline and has played the full 90 today. 6 points on my bench and have Veltman in instead of him. Not expecting BHA to keep a cleanie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I wonder will be anyone who has a Palace or West Brom player?

I still have matheus Pereira :O

Palace pen
    Mili goal

Johnstone on my bb, sickener

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Zaha assist.

Assuming Pereira does nothing as usual in the second half, looks like I'll end up with 12 points from the bb. Not great.

Palace pen
    Mili goal

Johnstone on my bb, sickener

Johnstone did well last gameweek and all?

I have gone off him from an fpl point of view since I took a -4 to get him in back in a gw11 (to get a playing keeper)
    And he scored 0 Benched Martinez for him the following week - so lost even more points.

Johnstone did well last gameweek and all?

I have gone off him from an fpl point of view since I took a -4 to get him in back in a gw11 (to get a playing keeper)
    And he scored 0 Benched Martinez for him the following week - so lost even more points.

Yeah 8 pointer last week of course. Pen was the only chance Palace have had as well, stupid handball by WBA defender.

Pereira subbed 62'

What a terrible idea it was to buy him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Watching this game and thinking, that trip to the dentist wasn't so bad after all.

Johnstone save point. Highlight of the game for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

BURNLEY TEAM NEWS – PIETERS IN FOR TAYLOR

Team to play Everton: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters, Brownhill, Westwood, Gudmundsson, McNeil, Vyrda, Wood

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Stephens, Rodriguez, Bardsley, Long, Dunne, Brady, Benson, Nartey

EVERTON TEAM NEWS – DAVIES STARTS

Team to play Burnley: Pickford, Godfrey, Keane, Holgate, Digne, Allan, Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Virginia, Tyrer, King, Nkounkou, Sigurdsson, Mina, Broadhead, Coleman, Onyango

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Player down injured. Seems to be Okay.

I’ll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Player down injured. Seems to be Okay.

I’ll get my coat.

No worries, take it Eze

FT. I never want to watch a Palace WBA game ever again.

scotchy wrote: »
    BURNLEY TEAM NEWS – PIETERS IN FOR TAYLOR

Team to play Everton: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters, Brownhill, Westwood, Gudmundsson, McNeil, Vyrda, Wood

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Stephens, Rodriguez, Bardsley, Long, Dunne, Brady, Benson, Nartey

EVERTON TEAM NEWS – DAVIES STARTS

Team to play Burnley: Pickford, Godfrey, Keane, Holgate, Digne, Allan, Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Virginia, Tyrer, King, Nkounkou, Sigurdsson, Mina, Broadhead, Coleman, Onyango

Thanks I have two Everton in that game Digne and Richarlison so I expect to do decent out of it. Famous last words I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

When Lowton is your only player on a Saturday, you know you need an extra hobby

When Lowton is your only player on a Saturday, you know you need an extra hobby

I believe some were calling him the 'Chesterfield Cafu' after his 17 points a few gameweeks ago. :D

So you never know.

So 13 points from bb in the end. Usually aim for 15 to 20 from it so it's not too bad really and it's pushed me into top 200k for the first time this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pereira subbed 62'

What a terrible idea it was to buy him

As bad as he has been the last while (I managed to get the double digit score out of him), it's somewhat acceptable given his price - he has outscored Salah for instance over the last 4 games. WBA and him had a bit of fight in them a few games ago - seems to be gone now, he'll be gone next week for me though.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    As bad as he has been the last while (I managed to get the double digit score out of him), it's somewhat acceptable given his price - he has outscored Salah for instance over the last 4 games. WBA and him had a bit of fight in them a few games ago - seems to be gone now, he'll be gone next week for me though.

Jesus that's mad about him outscoring Salah, didn't notice that. Ya that's one of the reasons I bought him, they looked like they were going to give it a good go but the last few performances have been uninspiring to say the least.

Advertisement