Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete path around a section of the house.

Options
  • 12-03-2021 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi, I got a guy out to have a look at doing a new concrete path around a section of the house. The total length would be around 100 foot and the width of the path would be a metre. Now it's not straight forward as there are a few different levels to work with along with the drain for the kitchen and a manhole from the bathroom to the septic tank. He quoted me €2,500, it's sounds expensive to me, what do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

30m2 @ €83.33/m2 is mental.

To put that into perspective I got 30m2 of coloured imprinted concrete (much more expensive that normal concrete) outside my own house and it only cost €50/m2

It all depends on how much excavating they have to do, drainage works and steps in the concrete.

but if it's straight forward I think €1500 should be more than enough. Maybe €1700 at a push, again if it's straight forward.

Google or facebook search ground workers near you. Get as many quotes as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

lemonkey wrote: »
    30m2 @ €83.33/m2 is mental.

To put that into perspective I got 30m2 of coloured imprinted concrete (much more expensive that normal concrete) outside my own house and it only cost €50/m2

It all depends on how much excavating they have to do, drainage works and steps in the concrete.

but if it's straight forward I think €1500 should be more than enough. Maybe €1700 at a push, again if it's straight forward.

Google or facebook search ground workers near you. Get as many quotes as you can.

Thanks alot for the advice. I will have a look at that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Price seems about right by my estimation, youve got to allow for small works, access, not being straight forward etc. Also it depends on whos doing the job, are they registered or just a general diy man,.Take into account the labour costs to inc paye insurance etc, also PL& El are gone stir crazy, thee are all factors that householders dont factor in. Is it a long wheel or can the truck get access to pour, add to this waiting time etc . you have approx 35m2 I take it the depth is 120mm of 35n 10 x sand RMC. You need just over 4m3 which is approx €400 plus waiting plus part loading this now could be €500 long wheel? 2 men wheeling and one spreading thats 3 men @ a cost of €250 per day plus screeds etc and set up same 2 men another day, buy the wheel barrows buy the screeds the tools for levelling and finishing expansion joints come back the next day and strip the screeds, van to get to and from the the job tax insurance fuel plus if hes legit he has to stand over his work and make you happy.
    Now what profit does he have left he wont be going mad on the money he makes on it.
    I know some will question the labour cost, work it out PAYE USC Pension office staff book keeper etc, all has to be accounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

macadam wrote: »
    You need just over 4m3 which is approx €400

where are you getting concrete @ 100 euro / cubic meter ? , the best I could source was 125 a cubic m , just asking as I need to order some next week in Cork , sorry for jumping on this thread .

Tony H wrote: »
    where are you getting concrete @ 100 euro / cubic meter ? , the best I could source was 125 a cubic m , just asking as I need to order some next week in Cork , sorry for jumping on this thread .

Dearest Ive paid was €95 per m3 35n 9m3 quick pour no waiting time that was inc vat. Co Louth, I do a deal with suppliers every year and set a price.
    How many cubes you after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

macadam wrote: »
    Dearest Ive paid was €95 per m3 35n 9m3 quick pour no waiting time that was inc vat. Co Louth, I do a deal with suppliers every year and set a price.
    How many cubes you after?

only 2 , it's only to widen a drive , thanks

Tony H wrote: »
    only 2 , it's only to widen a drive , thanks

Small amounts and distance are a big factor in price.

Advertisement