Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfer/ FH Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I am delighted I have a FH bound to land on one or two 'right' decisions.
    Must be a nightmare without the FH.

If I had 8/9 players starting and no FH I would likely make one transfer and save for gw30 /gw31 where transfers could be more valuable - with more/better options.
    Yeah especially with the international break which is bound to cause some more headaches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Soucek vs Arsenal sounds very tempting....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Really tempted to go Gundog —> Grealish but I think people hopping on Grealish are being a bit too smart.

He probably won’t start. Too much of a gamble.

I’m thinking a -4:

Mitchel > Veltman or Konsa
    Cancelo > Coufal
    Salah > Lingard or Soucek

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Soucek vs Arsenal sounds very tempting....

Instead of Lingard or are you thinking of doubling up?

I was thinking of doing Lingard and Antonio although if Bamford is fit maybe he’s a better choice up front.

It’s a funny week for the FH. So few games but still at least 20 plausible options to choose from. So anybody who does get a big score that isn’t in your team is almost certainly someone you thought about and will be kicking yourself for not selecting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

JPup wrote: »
    Instead of Lingard or are you thinking of doubling up?

I was thinking of doing Lingard and Antonio although if Bamford is fit maybe he’s a better choice up front.

It’s a funny week for the FH. So few games but still at least 20 plausible options to choose from. So anybody who does get a big score that isn’t in your team is almost certainly someone you thought about and will be kicking yourself for not selecting!

Plenty will change their mind at the last minute as well which will make it worse. Bit of a lottery really. I am still trying to think how I think the results will go and base it on that roughly.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Makes sense. My feeling is that Fulham Leeds and Brighton Newcastle will be tight matches with few goals whereas the two Sunday games will be more open. Not too confident in that mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have Martinez, Cresswell, Lingard, Son, Bamford and Watkins already so thinking of a -4 of Sterling/DCL/Lowton to Kane/Raphinia/Dunk for this GW. Will WC in 31 then

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Really tempted to go Gundog —> Grealish but I think people hopping on Grealish are being a bit too smart.

He probably won’t start. Too much of a gamble.

Yeah with Grealish Id be interested to know what his form was like when coming back from previous injuries. For some players they are straight back into it and for others it takes up to three games for them to get back to speed. With only 9 games left potential Grealish owners cant afford the latter scenario. Even if he doesnt return till after the international break with so few games left owners need him to get on the points immediately. Which is a concern as it doesnt always turn out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah with Grealish Id be interested to know what his form was like when coming back from previous injuries. For some players they are straight back into it and for others it takes up to three games for them to get back to speed. With only 9 games left potential Grealish owners cant afford the latter scenario. Even if he doesnt return till after the international break with so few games left owners need him to get on the points immediately. Which is a concern as it doesnt always turn out that way.

The last time he came back from a similar injury he took us to 10 consecutive wins and promotion. He was the star.

• Advertisement

Well thats good to know. Is it known that he is back to full training? I already own 3 Villa so wouldnt risk getting him in for this GW but after the international break he is certainly on the watch list

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone keeping Son.....just in case in makes a Lazarus like recovery and makes an appearance at the weekend??

Is it madness brining in a Brighton defender? Makes sense for GW29, but their fixtures are so bad after that. Maybe it's worth trying to gain as much as possible for this gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Grealish out of the England squad, runour that it's a personal issue, stay away for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is it madness brining in a Brighton defender? Makes sense for GW29, but their fixtures are so bad after that. Maybe it's worth trying to gain as much as possible for this gw.

If you can manage to bench the Brighton defender you pick in the following weeks. I don't see any harm in it.

The talk is Veltman is the Brighton defender who offers the most in overall play.He is more a footballing defender.

Or Dunk for coming up for those set pieces.

I am still tempted to captain Dunk. Have him as VC at the moment and C Kane.
    But everyone will have Kane captained. There is a chance that a Brighton defender might get more than Kane, if they get a clean sheet and bonus. Plus Martinez has a one man show v Spurs.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Grealish out of the England squad, runour that it's a personal issue, stay away for now.

Where’s this rumour coming from?

Where did you hear that?

Haven’t seen that in Villa circles, interested to hear where that is coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Reguilon and Bale probably nailed on for me now after being rested tonight. Not sure what to do about Auba.

Reguilon and Bale probably nailed on for me now after being rested tonight. Not sure what to do about Auba.

Does the percentage ownership shown on the site include transfers that have been made since the last gameweek deadline?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Does the percentage ownership shown on the site include transfers that have been made since the last gameweek deadline?

That I don't know, I always assumed ownership percentages were updated after deadline but could be totally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea, that week that i post kane was only at like 12% ownership or whatever % it was, day before GW began he was at 32% - so it's a in running ownership

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yea, that week that i post kane was only at like 12% ownership or what % it was, date before GW began he was at 32% - so it's a in running ownership

Cheers. It’s an interesting stat for FHers but it’s also a serious bit of quicksand to get sucked too far into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've 6.6 to spend on a mid. My intention is to get in Jota next week. Any mid price worth talking a punt on for the GW that's in it?

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone keeping Son.....just in case in makes a Lazarus like recovery and makes an appearance at the weekend??

I got burnt earlier in the season with Son when he was injured but then made that Lazarus amount recovery. I forget what points he got but remember he did haul which had me fuming. But on this one it looks like he will be out. Im still keeping him and playing him just on the off chance but am not expecting it to happen at all. If I was free hitting though I would replace him with Bale.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I've 6.6 to spend on a mid. My intention is to get in Jota next week. Any mid price worth talking a punt on for the GW that's in it?

Lingard or Raphina

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Spurs going to ET in Europe now too.

Have to wonder just how attractive their players will be now. Aston Villa can set up to counter attack now, which will suit them. Kane has already played 90 mins, and will probably be needed for the next 30 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Has he realised that he's actually Irish after all ? :)

About that Spurs triple up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Where’s this rumour coming from?
    siblers wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?
    Haven’t seen that in Villa circles, interested to hear where that is coming from
    Yeah I can't see anything at all about it online so probably complete bull****, heard it from a neighbour a few days ago. Twitter tells me hes back in training

Advertisement