Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfer/ FH Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah I can't see anything at all about it online so probably complete bull****, heard it from a neighbour a few days ago. Twitter tells me hes back in training

If there's any truth, something usually pops up nearer the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Bales effort for the third goal was appalling. Id say if Mourinho could help it he'd have him no where near that team. Mind you Mourinho might get the boot before the weekend yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Only 8 players for this week but I can't justify making any transfers. Martinez, Cresswell, alioski, targett, lingard, raphina, kane, Bamford.

Just don't see anything exciting jumping out at me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Only 8 players for this week but I can't justify making any transfers. Martinez, Cresswell, alioski, targett, lingard, raphina, kane, Bamford.

Just don't see anything exciting jumping out at me

Any of the players against Newcastle ...lol

At the moment I’m on free hit with either raphina maupey or trossard as captain.

I expect Newcastle are possibly the team who have least potential to score, Brighton should get the better of Newcastle and should keep a clean sheet 1-0, maybe 2-0.

Arsenal haven’t kept a clean sheet since January - they face a west ham team who always seem to have the ability to score, I expect this to be 2-2, antonio and lacazette both to get at least 1 each.(I wish), history points to auba getting on the scoresheet.

Spurs, off the back of going out of Europe play a villa team who are hit by a few injuries, unknown if grealish will return. Will Watkins and Martinez combine to shut out Kane and bale? Could the wheels be coming off the spurs train? It’s unknown if son will return to action....I think both teams will score here with spurs winning 2-1 or 3-1.

Fulham seem to have turned a bit of a corner but are inconsistent in defence but they face free flowing Leeds who attack a fair bit.... like most Leeds games, expect goals, could be 1-4 or 4-1 or anywhere in between, don’t think either will keep a clean sheet, bamford expected to recover from last weekends injury where he went off early.

Really is a hit and hope situation, I think the safest is Brighton players but then again, I’m sitting around 1.7millionth so what do I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Auba played the full 90 tonite. Will be start Sunday?
    Big break coming up after the WH game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    Auba played the full 90 tonite. Will be start Sunday?
    Big break coming up after the WH game

If he’s in favour I think he starts, there is nothing to rest him for and he didn’t play last week. Guys have played on 2 days rest before and will do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

Should I be using FH or is there another time it’ll be needed? Have 8 playing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

bigmac3 wrote: »
    Should I be using FH or is there another time it’ll be needed? Have 8 playing

I'd hold if you have 8. Villa, Everton, City and Spurs should have doubles

There could also be doubles in 37/38 as they want to bring fans back so the fixtures will be moved around

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Any of the players against Newcastle ...lol

At the moment I’m on free hit with either raphina maupey or trossard as captain.

I expect Newcastle are possibly the team who have least potential to score, Brighton should get the better of Newcastle and should keep a clean sheet 1-0, maybe 2-0.

Arsenal haven’t kept a clean sheet since January - they face a west ham team who always seem to have the ability to score, I expect this to be 2-2, antonio and lacazette both to get at least 1 each.(I wish), history points to auba getting on the scoresheet.

Spurs, off the back of going out of Europe play a villa team who are hit by a few injuries, unknown if grealish will return. Will Watkins and Martinez combine to shut out Kane and bale? Could the wheels be coming off the spurs train? It’s unknown if son will return to action....I think both teams will score here with spurs winning 2-1 or 3-1.

Fulham seem to have turned a bit of a corner but are inconsistent in defence but they face free flowing Leeds who attack a fair bit.... like most Leeds games, expect goals, could be 1-4 or 4-1 or anywhere in between, don’t think either will keep a clean sheet, bamford expected to recover from last weekends injury where he went off early.

Really is a hit and hope situation, I think the safest is Brighton players but then again, I’m sitting around 1.7millionth so what do I know.

I am still on the similar thought process to you. If someone handed me money and told me to pick the banker game. It would be Brighton to beat Newcastle. All the other ones seem like 50/50 jobs.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Just did a -8 to field 10 if Bamford plays. Felt satisfying getting rid of Sterling, Pereira and Reid I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,521 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Tough call even with a free hit. All games could go any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Who would you sell between Stones and Cancelo?

Klonker wrote: »
    Who would you sell between Stones and Cancelo?

Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

-4 needed with Son likely to miss out - in come Auba & Lookman.

No idea who to captain, currently on Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Dice75 wrote: »
    -4 needed with Son likely to miss out - in come Auba & Lookman.

No idea who to captain, currently on Kane

Is Son injured? Not playing myself. My sister is plaguing me.

Is Son injured? Not playing myself. My sister is plaguing me.

Yeah he went off with a hamstring injury so the chances of him being back within 1 week are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Any thoughts on picking Harrison over Raphinha, just as a differential? On a FH, so I can choose either. A couple of rivals have Raphinha, or will bring him in this week.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Any thoughts on picking Harrison over Raphinha, just as a differential? On a FH, so I can choose either. A couple of rivals have Raphinha, or will bring him in this week.
    It is a bad choice IMO. Harrison has missed 236 minutes in the last 6 games. He is not a clear fixture in that team anymore. And that is before we even get into the fact that everything in that team goes through Raphinha.

There will be better opportunities (even this week) to stray from the herd to try and make gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

CSF wrote: »
    It is a bad choice IMO. Harrison has missed 236 minutes in the last 6 games. He is not a clear fixture in that team anymore. And that is before we even get into the fact that everything in that team goes through Raphinha.

There will be better opportunities (even this week) to stray from the herd to try and make gains.

Straight to the point, thanks! Yeah he seems to be the first player subbed off too, so it is too risky. Sometimes having the player that everyone has is no bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Currently have this shower (or half shower):

Martinez
    Coufal
    Lingard
    Raphinha
    Bamford
    Son
    Kane

So 6 players assuming Son is a goner.

I was going to leave Son in and just get Dallas in to limit the damage.

Not sure if Bale or Auba are worth a hit...maybe a Brighton defender??

• Advertisement

I think I'm going down the 2 Brighton attackers in my FH rather than 2 defenders.

Is Dunk or Veltman the money move? Underlyings marginally suggest Veltman, but Dunk will have higher ownership and has actually outperformed his xG and underlyings to have 4 goals.

I started typing this message with Veltman in my team and am concluding it with Dunk in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Hmm. I’ve owned Raphinha for six weeks and had subbed him out of my FH team but the consensus seems to be that he is a must own this week so I will probably sub him back in.

I’ve just found him frustrating to own the past few weeks and I think Fulham will keep it tight at the back. Just thinking though If he does get a big score and I miss out after holding him for weeks (and still technically owning him post FH) I would be rightly p*ssed off so I guess that’s a good enough reason to bring him back!

JPup wrote: »
    Hmm. I’ve owned Raphinha for six weeks and had subbed him out of my FH team but the consensus seems to be that he is a must own this week so I will probably sub him back in.

I’ve just found him frustrating to own the past few weeks and I think Fulham will keep it tight at the back. Just thinking though If he does get a big score and I miss out after holding him for weeks (and still technically owning him post FH) I would be rightly p*ssed off so I guess that’s a good enough reason to bring him back!
    He is frustrating and hasn't gotten near the returns that you'd want from him, but are there 7 better attacking options than him this week (or more than 3 defenders if you decide to go with a different formation)? I think not personally.

Raphinha is the definition of that talisman thing that was talked about alot as a hot topic during the offseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

JPup wrote: »

To be fair to him, he's created a lot of chances but his teammates have been profligate, particularly Bamford. His stats away from home are also excellent. I think if they do score, he'll be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The worse thing about using the FH this week is with money not an obstacle i can pick 15 player and have 5m still in bank - and have no idea what's my strongest 11 to actually play - madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was reading that if Son starts this weekend then South Korea will want him for the international break, theyve got a game against their biggest rival Japan. So even if he was fit to play Spurs are incentivised not to play him but instead allow him 10 days rest before the final run in. That said no doubt Son himself will be keen to face Japan, although its only a friendly fixture playing Japan is a huge match for South Koreans

CSF wrote: »
    I think I'm going down the 2 Brighton attackers in my FH rather than 2 defenders.

Is Dunk or Veltman the money move? Underlyings marginally suggest Veltman, but Dunk will have higher ownership and has actually outperformed his xG and underlyings to have 4 goals.

I started typing this message with Veltman in my team and am concluding it with Dunk in my head.

A lot would depend on Burn playing.

If Burn starts then Veltman would be a great option on the right hand side and I’d choose him over Dunk.

If Burn misses out because of his hamstring then Veltman will likely drop in to the back 3 with Gross playing on the right hand side and that makes Dunk a better option.

No help really unless you hear if Burn starts or not.

Dunk currently the safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was reading that if Son starts this weekend then South Korea will want him for the international break, theyve got a game against their biggest rival Japan. So even if he was fit to play Spurs are incentivised not to play him but instead allow him 10 days rest before the final run in. That said no doubt Son himself will be keen to face Japan, although its only a friendly fixture playing Japan is a huge match for South Koreans
    Interesting info.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The worse thing about using the FH this week is with money not an obstacle i can pick 15 player and have 5m still in bank - and have no idea what's my strongest 11 to actually play - madness.

This is it. I have Bale in at the moment because I feel like I should have him but I think Moura might be a better shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Muahahaha wrote: »

He could start and be subbed off "reinjured".

Advertisement